Attn TDR - Going out like BOSS

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited February 2014 in Man Cave
Thought this was more suited here than SG.
Dead Biker Buried Riding Harley in Giant Transparent Casket

SRIrAeq.jpg

Years before Billy Standley died on Sunday, he planned out every detail of his funeral: He bought up the three plots next to his wife's grave, had his sons build him a custom casket, and arranged for the funeral director to embalm him in a sitting position. Earlier today, Standley's dream funeral took place, and he was laid to rest atop his beloved Harley-Davidson.
Standley first came up with the idea 18 years ago and, with the help of his family, worked on it on and off for years. The casket was made out of plexiglass, with wood and steel rods reinforcing its bottom.
"If you stopped by his house, he showed you his casket," his son Roy Standley told the Dayton Daily News. "He was proud of it."
Dave and Tammy Vernon, co-owners of a funeral home, were tasked with the embalming process. "We've done personalization… but nothing this extreme," Tammy Vernon said.
From the Dayton Daily News:
Five embalmers prepared his body and secured him with a metal back brace and straps to ensure he'd never lose his seat on his beloved bike, even as it was towed by a trailer to his final resting place. The casket was assembled in the garage of Vernon's' funeral home in Mechanicsburg, enshrining him with his trophies and well-worn leathers.
Along with his friends and family, motorcyclists from across the country reportedly rode along with his funeral procession through Mechanicsburg, Ohio.
"He'd done right by us all these years, and at least we could see he goes out the way he wanted to," his son Pete Standley said.

qrKhslh.jpg

WcENJx6.jpg

FyzCHqD.jpg

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2014
    That is a cool story bro. I hope they put the bike in dry storage before they buried it though. That way the next time I go home to Ohio I can get me a free bike. Hell Mechanicsburg, OH is only about 2 1/2 hours from where I was born.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2014
    You go get em brother! It's not like he'll need it anymore. Don't forget to take the steel back brace as well. That'll give great back support on long rides.

I also thought it was pretty pointless because his eyes are closed. Hows he supposed to see where he's going in the afterlife?
    edited February 2014
    IKR, and they didn't even turn on his lights. And if his old lady really loved him why isn't she on the back?
    edited February 2014
    IKR, and they didn't even turn on his lights. And if his old lady really loved him why isn't she on the back?
    Nah! Because when she dies she'll get buried next to him with her stove, sink and washing machine, then all will be perfect. :thumbsup:
    edited February 2014
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Nah! Because when she dies she'll get buried next to him with her stove, sink and washing machine, then all will be perfect. :thumbsup:

Holocaust%2Boven%2BBurning%2BJew%2Bpushes%2Bdoor%2Bopen.jpg

NVM you said with her stove not in her oven.
    edited February 2014
    The oven seems a bit small for the holocaust

Nice image find! :cool:
    edited February 2014
    It was one of the top results for "jews in oven" on google image search....