Looking for AMD boards with PCIe 3.0

I'm finally building a proper new computer and I want to get something a little more cutting edge (the last two board/processor upgrades I did were about $100, including RAM) and I want to build an AMD system with PCIe 3.0 on the board. From the looks of it, Socket AM3+ is the way I want to go (with the added bonus of apparently being backwards compatible with Socket AM3 processors saving me a little money to begin with) unless there's something I'm missing in my research.

All I can find is people saying that its not worth it and that graphics cards haven't hit the limits of PCIe 2.0 (blah blah blah), or links to an ASUS Sabertooth board that is no longer available,and has a new revision that now only advertises having 2.0 for some reason.

I'm looking for something that will last for many years, and I am also interested in PCIe SSDs (as well as the data speeds that can be achieved) but I cant plan anything or price anything out if I cant find it to begin with, and am worried if I settle for one of the other boards (PCIe 2.0 boards) I'm looking at I won't be happy 3-5 years down the road.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    Other than the Sabertooth, there's nothing. If you consider Intel compatible motherboards there are more options. People who want things like PCIe 3.0 seem to prefer Intel.

AMD might not even be in the CPU business in a couple of years.
  • That's disappointing. Ive never really been a fan of Intel processors. Thanks though!
  • Running 970 GTX on PCI 2.0. I can last up at least few years without major problems but if you really want to build a proper system. Go with Intel especially if you're thinking of trying PCIe SSD.

Z97 platform is what you need, with an i5 or i3 it will be good going. But if you're into gaming, get an i5. AMD is cheaper but they're not offering much to be honest.