Will that stampede mass death in Germany affect drugs?

edited August 2010 in Man Cave
There was something called Love Fest in Germany (I'm not making this up) and 18 people died because everyone rushed into some techno fest through one tunnel.

:facepalm:

Chances are everyone there was on drugs, it just kinda sounds like it. I predict the media will somehow blame drugs on this.

Comments

• ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    What the fuck? This happened at EDC, too.

Maybe just having large congregations of people is a bad fucking idea.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    LOL thats what happens when u try to rush into a rave, most people will get in, but some people will have to die for the good of the pack. you sign up for that risk when you join the mob trying to rush it
  • WraithWraith Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    That sounds like a fucking party.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Remember how you always had to line up single-file in elementary school?

Well this is the real life importance of it.
  • edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Remember how you always had to line up single-file in elementary school?

Well this is the real life importance of it.

Now I'm glad I didn't get out of line in kindergarten. It ain't cool to ruin another's trip.
  • edited July 2010
    It doesn't matter, once a frenzy starts and people all start running in the same direction, drugs don't need to be involved for shit to get ugly.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Its called "Love Parade".
  • 47 47 4747 47 47 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    "UPDATE: According to the BBC, 19 people have died, and 340 were injured. Organizers have announced that this will be the last Love Parade.

At least 18 people were killed today at the Love Parade dance music festival near Duisburg, Germany. The deaths occurred in the wide tunnel that served as an entrance to festival grounds.

It's still not entirely clear what happened, but according to reports, crowds panicked and stampeded when police attempted to close off the tunnel, as the festival was becoming overcrowded. In the ensuing panic, Billboard reports that at least 80 people were injured. (The Los Angeles Times has already raised the number of dead to 18.)

Emergency workers had trouble getting into the tunnel, as the huge festival crowd had spilled out into the route designated for emergency vehicles. The L.A. Times estimates that 1.4 million people attended the event, held for the first time on an old train yard in the German city of Duisberg.

The festival continued on after the deaths, as many attendees knew nothing about the tragedy. According to the Times, police decided to keep the event going to prevent causing more panic."

http://pitchfork.com/news/39548-tragedy-at-love-parade-festival-in-germany/
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    If only the Technoviking was there to direct traffic.

1191956319103.gif
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited July 2010

Chances are everyone there was on drugs, it just kinda sounds like it. I predict the media will somehow blame drugs on this.

This accident caused drugs? I don't get it?

Ohhhh you meant the media will blame this on drugs

Lol sorry man I couldn't help myself, it just sounded so funny in my head when I read it. Good post though, was an interesting read. :p
  • trippytrippy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    the real sad part is that the jews sunk to this level to get back at germany...come on guys the holocaust was a long fucking time ago
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited August 2010
    haha yeah I heard about this one. I always think how fucked you are if you fall over when you get in a situation like that.. But this is something different. 1.4 million fucking people, jesus christ.