Are e-votes being manipulated by local governments or a higher power

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
This is NSW defensive approach for getting called out.
It kinda makes you wonder why they're so defensive considering it's the norm to be grateful for the heads up before the damage is done.

NSW Officials Attack Researchers Who Found Internet Voting Vulnerabilities
Posted April 8th 2015
A security flaw in New South Wales’ Internet voting system may have left as many as 66,000 votes vulnerable to interception and manipulation in a recent election, according to security researchers. Despite repeated assurances from the Electoral Commission that all Internet votes are “fully encrypted and safeguarded,” six days into online voting, Michigan Computer Science Professor J. Alex Halderman and University of Melbourne Research Fellow Vanessa Teague discovered a FREAK flaw that could allow an attacker to intercept votes and inject their own code to change those votes, all without leaving any trace of the manipulation. (FREAK stands for Factoring RSA Export Keys and refers to the exploitation of a weakness in the SSL/TLS protocol that allows attackers to force browsers to use weak encryption keys.) But instead of taking the researchers’ message to heart, officials instead attacked the messengers.
Source: https://www.efa.org.au/2015/04/08/ivote-vulnerabilities/
Once again another issue but this time a message is sent to all researchers to keep their fucking noses out of shit that doesn't involve them.

Raids at home of one of the researchers who discovered vulnerabilities in the e-vote system to be used in Buenos Aires City this Sunday

Posted July 4th 2015
Raids at home of one of the researchers who discovered vulnerabilities in the e-vote system to be used in Buenos Aires City this Sunday.

Independent researches have found several security vulnerabilities in the e-voting machines that will be used this Sunday in the elections of local authorities in Buenos Aires. Tonight police raided homes of several of those researchers.

The vulnerabilities include a filtration of the SSL keys the machines use to communicate and authenticate with the central counting servers.
Source: http://moomblr.com/2015/07/04/raids-at-home-of-one-of-the-researchers-who-discovered-vulnerabilities-in-the-e-vote-system-to-be-used-in-buenos-aires-city-this-sunday-via-rtechnology/
Do you see a pattern forming here or have you got that ." Duh....*drools from the side of mouth* Dive godda facebook and I gut nuttn to hyde" type attitude. If that's the case then perhaps you may want to read something else because there are to many sentences in this post forming paragraphs that may just open up your mind and I wouldn't want your brain to float off.

The way I see it is, to be this defensive over something that involves the people seems a little off considering these researchers were not using these findings for malicious intent. So why were they branded as the bad guys unless there was an ulterior political motive for these vulnerabilities.

Perhaps you'll remember when the US government got all uppity at China for hacking into users gmail accounts and they were threatening the act of war upon China until it was revealed that google had left a backdoor open for the US government to monitor accounts. (This was where someone from a Chinese IP address had gained access.) Next thing you know because this had come to light everything about the incident went suddenly silent.

Questionable political motives and social engineering has been trolling you way before you were a stain in the old mans pants. Thinking that you are part of the decision making process when it comes to political ideas and ideals is simply a illusion implemented by political marketing. If you want to vote then don't do it online because we now know it can be manipulated and since those supposedly responsible for it are getting really irate about its faults we can kind of get a fair idea who has more to benefit from it, and it ain't the people. Go to a poll office (This hack won't work in Western Papua New Guinea by the way) and vote the old fashioned way and prey to Allah, Buddha, Ganesha, Odin or which else god you follow (This hack doesn't work for Atheists by the way) that this isn't compromised either.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    SSL3 downgrade attack no doubt. Very interesting, a conspiracy theorist would suggest the military is interfering with one the the legislative branches it's specifically barred from interfering with. 

But what crackpot would beleive that?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2015
    SSL3 downgrade attack no doubt. Very interesting, a conspiracy theorist would suggest the military is interfering with one the the legislative branches it's specifically barred from interfering with. 

But what crackpot would beleive that?

• DfgDfg Admin
    We're sort of prone to SSLv3 attacks if I am correct :(
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    I didn't realise its so commonly used because it's not normally activated in major browsers by default due to its vulnerabilities. This is why When I sign into rockstar games I have to enable in my browser because rockstar run ssl3......Oh ya! & they get heavy hacked all the time which is why I dunna play their shit online anymore. :D