so i decided to feed my python

stresstres Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
... which is just over 6months old and feeding well on pinkie mice. However, I had just gotten home, more stoned then I've been in a while with an early lecture the following morning. Usually I wait until the animal is active until I feed it, however I was really baked and needed to crash out and didn't fancy the idea of letting my pet go hungry for another night so I proceeded to drop in a mouse (Usually strike feed). The snake woke and proceeded out from it's hide, however it must have mistaken my movement through the glass as that of it's prey and lunged itself at me, not only was it the scariest shit to happen to me in a while, I'm now concerned that it may have done itself harm when coming into contact with the glass as it made a pretty fucking loud noise. It struck at my movement twice before finding the mouse and begun consuming. It's now back in it's hide and chillin while I sit here contemplating how much of a negligent cunt I am. Thoughts, totse?

Comments

• MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    It will probably be fine, snakes are pretty resilient.
  • Oink The PigOink The Pig Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    your snake is a stupid ass piece of shit. dumb predators, as dumb as can get.

most other predators adapt to their environment, if the snake couldn't figure out glass by now she's a dumbass. i hope it hurt itself real bad.
  • sAINTsAINT Regular
    edited July 2010
    a snake can never be a real pet :(
    damn instincts
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    It probably did hurt itself, but it's probably okay. After that, it'll probably never try that shit again lol.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2010
    please post pics or a vid when you're gonna feed it . i want to see the grousome killing!
  • Jolt890Jolt890 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Most animals don't understand glass. A snake is no different.

It will be fine though, a snake usually doesn't injure itself, negligent owners or prey animals are usually the cause of injury/sickness in snakes.

I've had a few pissy rat snakes that would strike the glass repeatedly if there was any outside motion. Never had a problem with injuries that way.