Review: The Duff (2015), A movie that takes being DUFF not so seriously

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2015 in Spurious Generalities
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1666801/

DUFF - Designated Ugly Fat Friend

With that out of the way, let's talk about the movie. It's fairly good overall, funnily enough I did associate myself with Wesly the man-whore according to the film, it generally shows how I treat women, be good looking, be the player, so that was sort of entertaining. I watched it with my current girl and she liked it, I actually selected this movie for her, it was lighthearted romantic/comedy flick and holy shit was it predictable.

In my defense, every movie feels predictable, so it wasn't that bad. But I guess I enjoyed this movie more due to the company and due to the subject matter. I read about DUFF and I didn't knew it was a thing but apparently it is a thing. Sheesh kids these days.

I like the viral aspect of things and the movie did seem like an updated version of She's All that, it's a teen comedy aimed at like teens or something.

In the end, it's a good movie. You won't feel inspired by it but you will like it nonetheless.

However, I have to state it, BIANCA doesn't really fall in the fat and ugly category, I mean she is overweight but not that bad to be labeled as an obese monster which the movie clearly wants us to believe and honestly all her problems would have been solved IF SHE JUST WORKED OUT. SERIOUSLY.

Anyway, watch it with your girl, do not watch it alone.