We Should Host Wikileaks Content

da teachada teacha Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
In keeping with the founding principles of Totse: the freedom of information and knowledge, I believe Wikileaks material would be an excellent accquisition to this website and community.

Of course there is way too much there for us to take the website's material in its entirety, but the most provoking and shocking articles need to be preserved.

Wikileaks, on its own, is very vulnerable, and there has been reports that certain agencies have thought about trying to remove it from the internet. We should extend our helping hand to the website, and begin to mirror a lot of the content, so that if in the worst case, the website is eventually taken down, there will be yet another place for the content to be preserved.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure it could generate some search engine hits, and links to relevant discussion at the bottom of links could find us with some very interesting new members.

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    There are THOUSANDS of mirrors of their videos out there. They don't need any help.

Focus on reconstructing the site rather than adding content which already has its own host.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    There are THOUSANDS of mirrors of their videos out there. They don't need any help.

Focus on reconstructing the site rather than adding content which already has its own host.

Reconstructing the site into what? It'll be the same old shit modelled into another package; another Zoklet which will undoubtedly go nowhere.

The content we have is old-skool shit which is not relevant anymore. Regardless if there are thousands of competitors, we need to be up there at the forefront. We have the userbase and name here to do things, but if we sit back and let others take a slice of the pie, we'll get nowhere; just linger around in our own piss where we discuss 1992 methods of hacking.
  • edited July 2010
    We need to get our tags bumped. Back in the day if you Googled "how to make a bombz." Totse would be the first 5 sites with guides. That needs to happen once again.
    edited July 2010
    We need to get our tags bumped. Back in the day if you Googled "how to make a bombz." Totse would be the first 5 sites with guides. That needs to happen once again.

Then where the fuck is the organised effort to get this done? We need a discussion on how to effectively increase our Google rank, then co-ordinate a plan of action.

Is there people discussing this shit behind closed doors somehwere? Or does everybody just want to sit round posting unfunny shit in SG all day? This site's going to get run into the ground when the novelty wears thin. There's absolutely nothing here, and it shows little sign of improvement.
    edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    Then where the fuck is the organised effort to get this done? We need a discussion on how to effectively increase our Google rank, then co-ordinate a plan of action.

Is there people discussing this shit behind closed doors somehwere? Or does everybody just want to sit round posting unfunny shit in SG all day? This site's going to get run into the ground when the novelty wears thin. There's absolutely nothing here, and it shows little sign of improvement.

Then GTFO or contribute and quit your whining.
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Then GTFO or contribute and quit your whining.

What the fuck do you mean by 'contribute'? Go out and post various 'what is your favourite X' threads across all the forums? It's impossible to go out there and generate a shitload of content at once, and if we all tried to do so, it'd be fake and worthless.

What I'm trying to suggest, are ways direct traffic better; get more real, relevant content, and a bigger userbase. It's hardly whining.

Look at the failure which is Zoklet. If we don't try our hardest to get this off the ground, the same will happen here, and something which could potentially be amazing, will be lost.
    edited July 2010
    It's hardly whining.
    Then where the fuck is the organised effort to get this done? .

Is there people discussing this shit behind closed doors somehwere?

Or does everybody just want to sit round posting unfunny shit in SG all day?

This site's going to get run into the ground when the novelty wears thin. There's absolutely nothing here, and it shows little sign of improvement.
    Reconstructing the site into what? It'll be the same old shit modelled into another package; another Zoklet which will undoubtedly go nowhere.

Really?
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for that; I'm sure that post, along with your others, will really contribute to making a positive difference around here.
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for that; I'm sure that post, along with your others, will really contribute to making a positive difference around here.

Nothing says contribution like a slap in the face.
  • edited July 2010

The content we have is old-skool shit which is not relevant anymore. Regardless if there are thousands of competitors, we need to be up there at the forefront. We have the userbase and name here to do things, but if we sit back and let others take a slice of the pie, we'll get nowhere; just linger around in our own piss where we discuss 1992 methods of hacking.

Seriously, you are uptight about &T to the extreme. Take a xanax then get back to us. Seriously, what is one mirror with only 500 viewers going to do?
    edited July 2010
    Seriously, you are uptight about &T to the extreme Take a xanax then get back to us. Seriously, what is one mirror with only 500 viewers going to do?

I learnt a shitload from the old Totse, and it's no exaggeration to say that it changed the direction which my life took.

I want to see a community built here which can surpass the one of old, with a userbase which is totally ahead of the game; clued up and up to date on the sections where they post.

I have no intention of hanging around with some geeky kid for 'the lulz'. I want to learn shit and exchange views with people from all aspects of society. I'm hoping here, a place which is trying to carry on the Totse name, will provide that.

When was the last time you saw a NEW poster on either here or Zoklet who stood out above the rest and made some amazing, original posts? This place and community is dying, and nobody seems to have the vision, balls or sensible ideas to take it forward.

The Wikileaks content fits the ideology of Totse absolutely PERFECTLY. Ideally, it'd generate hits, but even if not so, it would be a beacon; showing that this site is serious about upholding the freedom of speech.

If people aren't interested in any of that shit anymore, then the owners might aswell just change the name of the site and make it into some kind of social network.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    A) Your approach is wrong.
    B) Wikileaks doesn't give a shit about Totse and even if you associate with them, YOU WILL GET FUCKED. We're dealing with Feds here people and the last thing we need is feds crawling this place.

Now, if you took some pills and thought this out you could find a better way. Instead of stealing or mirroring there content, support them by adding a banner and associating with them and discussing their articles on Totse. It's the only clean way to get some traffic and some rank. Don't go to extremes people.

Cover their leaks in discussion, make topics, add some blogs posts link it here and there. That will stir things up. Wikileaks just posts the information in RAW form. Try to understand and discuss the content, that alone will get you some traffic and recognition.

THINK IT THROUGH.

edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    B) Wikileaks doesn't give a shit about Totse and even if you associate with them, YOU WILL GET FUCKED. We're dealing with Feds here people and the last thing we need is feds crawling this place.

Now, if you took some pills and thought this out you could find a better way. Instead of stealing or mirroring there content, support them by adding a banner and associating with them and discussing their articles on Totse. It's the only clean way to get some traffic and some rank. Don't go to extremes people.

Cover their leaks in discussion, make topics, add some blogs posts link it here and there. That will stir things up. Wikileaks just posts the information in RAW form. Try to understand and discuss the content, that alone will get you some traffic and recognition.

THINK IT THROUGH.

LOL, why the fuck do you go to the effort of putting font tags on every one of your posts? Do you think it gives you authority of something?

You were one of the old boys back at Zoklet running things. Look at the shithole which that turned into. Your line of thinking is achieved nothing, it's time to go back to the old skool basics and get back to what this site really is about.

Nobody cares about a bunch of uni faggots discussing their views on politics apart from yourselves. The precise reason Totse became so popular is because it was extreme, wasn't afraid to push the boundaries, and because it was something you pretty much couldn't find on the internet at that day.

You really think this site's going to become popular if we shy away from anything a 'bit too extreme'? There's 1000s of other alternatives out there. We may attract a few artsy fags with no real opinions, but that willl only contribute in running this place further into the ground.

Where the fuck are the junkies, the hackers, the political activists, the writers, the lone travellers, the chemists? Look at the fucking community we have here; it's watered down piss, and you're telling me these people will ever generate anything of interest?

Feds? Fuck the feds, if they come storming in, we'll just pop up somewhere else and keep the party rocking. Hell, if it comes to it, we can host shit on the Tor network or devise some other way of keeping it safe.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I didn't read the thread, but wikileaks doesn't need our help, and we don't need their problems.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'll start using a font tag too, I find it makes Dfg's posts stand out.

As far as the OP goes, I don't think hosting wikileaks would help at all, unless we were trying to help them. What totse needs right now is a team of contributors, and an editor. I've mentioned it before but this is the one thing I wanna see before anything else happens. Well, the creation of a place for new articles to go should be first priority.Then the Totse Voltron writers team should assemble.

Hey Dfg can I make a user group for the Totse Voltron writer's team? I'm doing it anyway :o
    edited July 2010
    What the fuck is Voltron?
    edited July 2010
    This dude who is made of smaller dudes.

voltron.jpg

I made the group, it's free to join but you gotta write articles. In 3 months, any member who didn't contribute an article is fuckin' booted. That includes me.

lol I already forgot to use a font tag. Fuck that biz.
    edited July 2010
    Write articles about what? What's the direction; the point of it all? Or is it all in the name of 'generating content'?
    edited July 2010
    The 'free information' component of totse is based entirely on totse's articles.
  • edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Seriously, I agree with Dfg.
  • edited July 2010
    What the fuck is Voltron?

LOL. Seriously? U is young, brah.
    edited July 2010
    Seriously, I agree with Dfg.

Well I'm sure this 'Voltron' project will turn this site into a thriving place, full of new users and exciting and interesting material.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2010
    I also think that Wikileaks doesn't need our help. It wouldn't be a bad thing if their content was shown and shared here though.
    :)
    Totse.info hasn't been around for very long. It needs time to develop into something "bigger than totse" if that is what you want it to become.
    However that doesn't mean we should fuck about and talk about our periods all day.

Totse.info's future is in our hands.
    :cool:
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    I suppose you could put them in the text files just for the fuck of it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    LOL, why the fuck do you go to the effort of putting font tags on every one of your posts? Do you think it gives you authority of something?

You were one of the old boys back at Zoklet running things. Look at the shithole which that turned into. Your line of thinking is achieved nothing, it's time to go back to the old skool basics and get back to what this site really is about.

Nobody cares about a bunch of uni faggots discussing their views on politics apart from yourselves. The precise reason Totse became so popular is because it was extreme, wasn't afraid to push the boundaries, and because it was something you pretty much couldn't find on the internet at that day.

You really think this site's going to become popular if we shy away from anything a 'bit too extreme'? There's 1000s of other alternatives out there. We may attract a few artsy fags with no real opinions, but that willl only contribute in running this place further into the ground.

Where the fuck are the junkies, the hackers, the political activists, the writers, the lone travellers, the chemists? Look at the fucking community we have here; it's watered down piss, and you're telling me these people will ever generate anything of interest?

Feds? Fuck the feds, if they come storming in, we'll just pop up somewhere else and keep the party rocking. Hell, if it comes to it, we can host shit on the Tor network or devise some other way of keeping it safe.
    I like that font and it's easier for me read my posts and it's also easier for others to read my posts. Also, it does stand out and NO I am not trying show some authority. I use that font on my blog and in my threads.

Yes, I was one those old boys from Zoklet BUT like others I didn't have any access nor say in matters regarding the community. I was only allowed to keep things to myself or restricted to my moderated forum.

Look mate, when I say you CAN'T fuck with wikileaks it's because unlike wiki we don't have shit. If we get a notice from any agency we're down for good and beleive me, they will send you off. The last thing those assholes needs is another wikileak type place.

I am all for FREE SPEECH and leaking the hell out of things, but there is a time and place for it. We can't just jump up and down and see what happens, if we go down we might never comeback.

Always work on the foundation, wikileak has it's own thing going on, I am telling you to use their content and make conspiracy theories and troll the Internet. It's a safer bet and really most users don't read stuff posted on wikileaks.

Think as an Administrator,Mod,User and a Totsean and you will see the problem. We're too young and unstable mate. We need time for that.
    I think I'll start using a font tag too, I find it makes Dfg's posts stand out.

As far as the OP goes, I don't think hosting wikileaks would help at all, unless we were trying to help them. What totse needs right now is a team of contributors, and an editor. I've mentioned it before but this is the one thing I wanna see before anything else happens. Well, the creation of a place for new articles to go should be first priority.Then the Totse Voltron writers team should assemble.

Hey Dfg can I make a user group for the Totse Voltron writer's team? I'm doing it anyway :o

Please, do.

Btw I am having problems with my permissions and I can't access the main tools which means I can't really perform Admin functions. I pm'ed Hellish and hopefully this will be fixed.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited July 2010
    OP.
    I can understand what you're trying to say bro, and yes, TOTSE and Wikileaks do indeed stand for the same thing. But mirroring them will not help us, nor will it significantly assist Wikileaks.

If you want to assist them, donate. It's that simple. Being as big and as influential as they are, it's logical to assume that they already take more precautions than you could possibly think of. Us hosting their content will only draw heat onto totse.info.
    They don't need our help, we don't need their attention.

And might I say that your aggressive tone is quite unjustified. We are discussing this issue in a civil manner, do not make unprovoked attacks on this site or it's users without good reason or unless it is relevant to discussion.
  • edited July 2010
    BigBro wrote: »
    OP.
    And might I say that your aggressive tone is quite unjustified. We are discussing this issue in a civil manner, do not make unprovoked attacks on this site or it's users without good reason or unless it is relevant to discussion.

This. Da Teacha often has an aggressive undertone to all of his statement like he has moral righteousness and justification behind all of his criticisms and opinions about the forum. Just my surmise.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    *Shrug* I think it'd be good to mirror some of their content, but it doesn't seem to be the popular opinion.

LOL @ the tags. You done goofed, you've been backtraced? lol, jesse slaughter.