Dropbox gets rid of public folder option

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
So in case you didn't get the email from Dropbox, as of the 15th of March any images or whatnot that you may have posted that are stored on Dropbox will be unavailable to the rest of us. I know most of my posts here have images stored on Dropbox or Photobucket and I assume a few others do too.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    Yep. I imagine the bandwidth got expensive.

When it comes to online storage i follow the basic rule of finding a service that does one thing and one thing only. imgur (images), scribd (documents) etc. They're less likely to change their business model - although they could just close up.
    -- pygar@mail.com
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    Hmm, I know for sometime they have tried to fucker it by making the share link look like this.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzxjg1v8qko1gxj/dickheadspec.gif?dl=0

For well over a year, in my public folder, I have had to manually change URL download (dl=) value to 1.

dickheadspec.gif?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzxjg1v8qko1gxj/dickheadspec.gif?dl=1

dickheadspec.gif?dl=1
    I won't stand for people who are intolerant of racism, bullying, religious intolerance, sexism, homophobia, ableism, or any other form of discrimination.
    It's still working...

PSX_20150802_233545.jpg?dl=1
    I won't stand for people who are intolerant of racism, bullying, religious intolerance, sexism, homophobia, ableism, or any other form of discrimination.
    Still working
    Day 3 still working...
    edited March 19
    15MAR17 +3, still working...

18b26441-ce99-493e-b036-172c6b62c471.gif?dl=1
    15MAR17 + 4, still working.
    1489893386976.jpg?dl=1
    15MAR17 + 5 Still working.

Vizier1a.gif?dl=1
    15MAR17 +6 still working.

8-Ball-Pool-PNG-Photos.png?dl=1
    15MAR17 +7 Still working

1490227694071.png?dl=1
    15MAR17 +8 Still working.

Mickey%20boner%202.jpg?dl=1
    15MAR15 +9 Still working.

dancing-hitler-11.gif?dl=1
    04e2df0f-5a80-47f6-b090-460ba1721317%281%29.gif?dl=1
  • DfgDfg Admin
    Jesus beaver you found a loophole!
    Disclaimer: I am writer and I love writing fucked up things, I am not responsible if those fucked up things are accurate or get used for illegal purposes. Please, do not bother me."

IRC: https://rizon.net/chat #totse
    It's what I do... Cheat...