Recovery

Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm phoning it in I guess, the disc is in right now may as well give you the dl.

There's no saying how this really compares to other hip hop records already released these days, Eminem's pretty much as the top of the game right now but I'd say this isn't the strongest record that will be released this year. Still a standout Eminem LP, the sound and feel is nothing like Relapse as far as I'm concerned, like I could see Relapse coming out again if Em drops the ball with his addictions at this point. Now that he's not all fucked up on the track tho, probably for the first time in his career, I'd say we're just now hearing what's really on his mind, during this point in his life which is an ascetic kick.

Most of the tracks sound much better to me than shit I grew up on. I don't go back much and listen to the old songs now, more appreciate em for what they are and the effect they've had on me. But these new tracks definitely got some replay number, like I say Eminem is pretty much one of the top players in the rap game at this time. No Slim Shady on this shit, he of course uses the rhyming scheme made famous by his Slim Shady persona at times but his newest style exhibited is definitely the tightest yet. There's no comparison to any of the songs, he's moved on and his old work is really becoming irrelevant in judging the new.

You got Not Afraid, an uplifting semi-anti drug piece (don't hate I'm fucked up like you) where he details his new mindset and even addresses the fans directly, probably for the first time since Stan. Tight production values, a driving live band sound and some of the most precise lyrics he's written for a few albums are highlights of this track. There's also Cinderella Man, that one is playing right now. I still haven't heard 6 of the tracks btw. Cinderella Man was sick, I didn't pay much attention to what it was about, or the last few cause I was writing but it sounded like it'll be his third or fourth single off the album (about 7 are worthy tho, 25 to Life just came on and this could also be one for all i know). No Love is the standout track, combing Weezy and Eminem is just gonna fuck shit up, and up shit fucks indeed. Samples that old gay ass song from Night At The Roxbury, I forget the name but they completely mutilated the feel of the original to create a crazy drum n bass type club beat. It's fucked man.

That's about it. All the songs are good. You should buy it. Go back to fapping, I don't care.

Comments

• AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    I do like some of his lyrics on the Recovery album, but his music is just not the same without Dr. Dre producing his beats.

I do not like how he did his own chorus on most of the songs, he is a rapper not a singer. It just doesnt sound right to me.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Things will never change
    They stay the same

listen to the man's own words on the first song, Cold Wind Blows. He's not gonna start ft. R&B singers on every track brah. He's probably gonna keep doing predominately his own choruses forever. He was the one man killer for a while, remember?
    edited July 2010
    Yes, but he never really sang like he is doing now. I like how you interpret just that line, if things will never change how come he has pink fucking on his album? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    edited July 2010
    Because he doesn't give a fuck on your facepalms you broke ass AbinoEthiopian :o:o:o
    edited July 2010
    I can atleast afford facepalms! I just like some of his older stuff better not coming off as a dick which i kind of seemed like.

A little off topic, have you heard this song? Tech N9ne and him should do stuff together now. I think they are both at the top of the rap game right now. They are just very different from each other

edited July 2010
    Not even coming off like a dick. That involves cum, my young friend.

I haven't heard that yet but I'm not gonna listen to Metal and that's the only other thing my friend has on his computer right now. Listening :)

Edit: oh yeaa, that's what "Slim Shady" sounded like. As a retraction, I'd like to state that the above style of Eminem's is not used at all on this album ;)
    edited July 2010
    I dont like how slim shady sounds, i just think it was sick that tech and eminem spit on the same song. I like the way he sounds on the song like "The way i am" angry Eminem that sounds kinda raspy he is spitting so hard. Not sounding like a little bitch like slim shady days.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't like, it just sounds like he's trying too hard. There's no fun in it anymore, like when he was dropping lines on The Eminem Show and Encore. Those were his golden days. Nowadays, he's still bitching about his drug addiction, and it just sounds corny.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not a big Eminem fan but besides the gay pop/singing songs I thought Recovery was dope.

Of course my favorite song was produced by Dre.

• DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    To be honest, I was happy Eminem didn't bring back Dr. Dre. I mean look at Relapse. The whole thing produced by Dr. Dre, and I got the feeling Dr. Dre was getting very lazy indeed. Most of the beats were looped beats which can get repetitive VERY quickly. So Bad was a great song that Dr. Dre produced himself, but as you can hear...LOOPED.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope M&M developes a grateful dead like cult following.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good rap album
    Bad Eminem album
    Relapse was better
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    I really do like this album

Much better then the last two