Not wanting to live..

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I was having in in depth talk to a mate one night and then came up the subject of life. He stated that he didn't want to live past the age of 35, and he was serious about it. This shocked me to tell the truth. Why the fuck wouldn't he want to live past 35? Anyone else like this?

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2010
    maybe hes afraid of midlife crisis? worrying about your own house, career, and you'll probably have others to support by then. maybe that freaks him out..
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    He will change his mind until then. Probably in a few weeks even.
    If not, you should just stick a rusty spoon into her urethra.

or something
  • edited July 2010
    I was having in in depth talk to a mate one night and then came up the subject of life. He stated that he didn't want to live past the age of 35, and he was serious about it. This shocked me to tell the truth. Why the fuck wouldn't he want to live past 35? Anyone else like this?

I doubt I'll live past 50. If I do, whatever, but I don't have my hopes up.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I hope I die before I'm 35 as well. Maybe even 30. Think about it. You'll be adored by everyone because like... you died young. Like Heath Ledger.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I always believe I will be a vegetable past the age of 30. I have a shite medical condition and have just turned 20, therefore kicking my arse into gear and wanting to make some positive shit happen in my life.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    Yeah I hope I die before I'm 35 as well. Maybe even 30. Think about it. You'll be adored by everyone because like... you died young. Like Heath Ledger.

Yeah, of course. Death = popularity and Heath Ledger fame.

Your dumb friend just doesn't see the benefits in life after he is able to destroy his body to no end. Its sad really.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    i wana live till im 80 so i can be all fucked-up old and i can do anything i want and just say "but im old!" as an excuse. shitting in the middle of a field, stealing things (maybe), saying random crazy shit to people, the possibilities are endless
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Did he watch Logan's Run but didn't finish the movie?
  • Princess 'ZekPrincess 'Zek Regular
    edited July 2010
    life ends around 30. no one likes gross old people
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    Why would anyone WANT TO? The best years of your life are when you're young. After that, you everything good. Who wants to spend 70+ years being a has been and depressed when you can die young and never have to go through that bullshit. The human lifespan is too long these days. Most of it's just filler really. Sure, you're alive, but who spends they're entire life really LIVING? Pretty much no one.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited July 2010
    This mindset is bullshit. Let's think about who it would benefit to have more people dying before retirement...

Wow, this is really difficult, I can't think of anyone that an aging population would be a problem for. An aging population who can't work, receives a pension... can't breed more little worker bees...

Youth worship leads to at least two things that I see as beneficial to those who manipulate regimes of power: spoiling children and turning them into materialistic pieces of shit, and people not wanting to get old.

Now it may turn out that I'm full of shit, and I'll put my tinfoil hat back on and go back to listening to static in the garage trying to pick up alien signals, but I think it's an awfully convenient attitude for the people who run the show.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Meh, people don't want to age for lots of reasons. Worshiping youth and beauty is common, and it sells tons of shit: clothes, perfume, health everything including gym memberships and health food and all the other shit, plastic surgery, and tons of other stuff.

35 is pretty young though. That's when you should finally be settled into a career and making lots of money. Most people in their 30s are still healthy. Now, once you hit about 70 I can see why you'd want to check out. At that point you're just a few years away from diapers and a nursing home.