hey Macintosh computers suck dick

MegaKushMegaKush Regular
edited August 2010 in Tech & Games
Macs suck. You cant do anything on them, its too simple. maybe some people like it a little complicated. macs are boring. Windows is so much better in so many ways, when u get a mac its like a solid block you can't upgrade it while with a pc you can swap parts out and make it better if u want. I am never getting a mac and if i found a brand new one in the street i would sell it and buy parts for my pc because macs suck!

Comments

• TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ha, tell that to my 266 MHZ beige G3 from 1998. I installed a 1 GHZ G4 processor, combination USB 2.0/Firewire 400/ ATA 133 disk controller card, 10/100 Ethernet card, 768 MB of RAM, and an 80 GB hard drive. It boots fast, is quite snappy with basic tasks such as downloading from the internet (surfs just as fast as my budget built 1.8 GHZ PC with 2 GB RAM) and light photo editing, and vintage gaming. It makes a great space heater in the winter too :D

Plus, you don't necessarily have to upgrade them as they're generally fast enough already. Back in 2004, a friend of mine was all happy that he had gotten a brand new PC With 256MB of RAM and a 1.8 GHZ P4 until I showed him my other friends 1998 300MHZ Powerbook G3 (512 MB RAM)then proceeded to connect to and surf the internet faster then his new computer could.

Also troll, but I posted anyway as there are people out there that are actually dumb enough to believe you.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    This thread is now the official anti-mac thread. Any off topic, anti-mac posts will be moved to this thread. Feel free to dish the hate, but only in this thread.
    edited July 2010
    macs havent been cool for 10 years
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    That's actually pretty true. The quality seems to be going down, and Steve's cockiness going up. The recent iphone antenna problem really pisses me off. Jobs didn't even admit that it was a problem, he just said that all smart phones lost signal when held in a certain way. He's just covering the antenna in the other smartphones they tested, but when you bridge the two antennas, you're actually shorting them out, meaning it actually is a flaw.

Steve Jobs needs to change his ways. He needs to be brought down a peg or two.
    edited July 2010
    I remember having one of these, actually have a few in the basement still,:

old_mac512.jpg

And owning every SimXXX game ever made. SimAnt, SimLife, SimTower, you fucking name it, we had it. We also had Duke Nukem 3D, and one day my mom left the adult content feature on so when I played - well needless to say that was the day I learned swearing.

I had a good thread on zoklet about old school mac games, come to think of it...

But any new apple annoys me and it's all expensive as fuck. I liked Jobs better when he had a salary of $1/year.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's a website with a LOT of old, free, public domain games for download. http://www.macintoshgarden.org/

Back when I had my PPC computer, I could run them, but now my computer is too fancy to run them. :mad:
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    So how many people on this site have Macs? Just 1337 and TheGreenDoctor?:confused:

I think MegaKush was right......:facepalm:
    edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »
    I remember having one of these, actually have a few in the basement still,:

old_mac512.jpg

And owning every SimXXX game ever made. SimAnt, SimLife, SimTower, you fucking name it, we had it. We also had Duke Nukem 3D, and one day my mom left the adult content feature on so when I played - well needless to say that was the day I learned swearing.

I had a good thread on zoklet about old school mac games, come to think of it...

But any new apple annoys me and it's all expensive as fuck. I liked Jobs better when he had a salary of $1/year.

systems009.jpg
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck yeah.

But seriously, theres no point now they've moved to Intel. Expensive hardware.
    edited August 2010
    [They would be, if they owned a computer]
    edited August 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    There is no zune software for mac. If you want, you could look into crossover, which allows you to run some windows applications without having to install windows at all on your computer. Think along the lines of wine for linux. I had windows installed on my Macbook Pro for only one application (mkv2vob for converting HD video for my PS3), since I found crossover, I deleted windows totally. You'll need to install all the dependencies for the zune software with crossover. Since the software is put out by microsoft, it might not even be worth it because of all the dependencies, assuming it's possible at all.

Quit talking out your ass. Who are you anyway?

OP; I'm sorry, you are shit out of luck. Macs are incapable of running anything that is liked by the general public.
    edited August 2010
    If you want to get technical, there are many more PC users that are computer illiterate, and going by your reasoning for Macintosh users being computer illiterate, PC users must be even worse because they actually own computers, and they still can't figure out how to use one properly.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited August 2010
    Because they don't have a need to become computer literate.

On a PC running Windows / Linux, getting to know your system actually improves your overall user experience and makes everything go much smoother and faster. On a Mac there is very little actual performance / user experience improvement between using it as a regular dumb user and using it as a power user.

It's a choice, it's just not mine. I will never buy a mac (unless I'm forced to in some crazy far fetched scenario). I like Windows and I like Linux and I can use both of them much better than 98% of the computer users of this world and I want to keep using both of them on hardware which does not cost 10% more because of the design and another 10% because of the hype.

Oh, and, you're mistaken: Macs are computers. The only thing differentiating them from what you call a computer is their operating system. Put Windows / Linux on a mac and there's no difference from a regular PC (except the looks).
    edited August 2010
    Guys holy shit it was a joke. I'm just here to give 1337 a hard time.

However, touche TGD.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice joke, but I think the real question is why aren't most people computer literate? Very few people I know are. I had to help my friend install drivers for her multi-card reader on her laptop. I also had to help someone remove Norton (had to dl a norton removal utility). I've helped people put in new hard drives, remove viruses, and do all kinds of basic shit. I've had to help professors in classes figure out how to get their flash drive to work (required a restart). I know people who actually PAY for antivirus. The one good thing about computer illiterate people using macs is that they're less likely to totally fuck things up.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah my dad teaches Computer Science, and so whenever we had computer problems, instead of having me hassle him constantly he just taught be the basics so that if something went wrong, I could probably figure it out. I consider myself to know dick all about computers, but I can keep mine running and replace hardware if I need to.

Almost all of my friends are amazed if I can get a virus off their machine or just figure out any problem they might be having in general. I once got paid $5 to register some guy's fucking anti-virus software.... I didn't tell him all you had to do was click a couple things, but still, he was hopeless.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited August 2010
    mr.b is a funny guy, I'll kill him last.