Why the fuck was my thread deleted?

GiomanachGiomanach Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I made a thread in W&C asking for advice, and it was deleted only a few minutes later, with no explanation. What the fuck is this shit?

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Reason: no references for illegal actions due to firearms

Contact acid_drop for more details and or to reverse the deletion. I am not familiar with the subject to offer any sort of middle man opinion.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Reason: no references for illegal actions due to firearms

wtf does that mean?
  • edited July 2010
    What the hell is that meant to mean? Since when was talking about firearms illegal anyway?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I can restore the thread but I think it's best is acid pops in and explains his reasons. I should start teaching the mods about moderation ASAP as well. I am a bit busy trying to get some traffic going here.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I can restore the thread but I think it's best is acid pops in and explains his reasons. I should start teaching the mods about moderation ASAP as well. I am a bit busy trying to get some traffic going here.

Any mod that needs to be taught how to mod isn't ready to be a mod. (or I think at least)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    Any mod that needs to be taught how to mod isn't ready to be a mod. (or I think at least)

All new mods don't know anything about the system. Having fresh mods makes it easier for Admins and senior mods to guide them. Since we're rebuilding Totse, I would prefer having new mods with no background exprience other than a strong will to contribute and help the community. Old timers tend to fuck up. Hint: Greyfox.

Also, new mods are protective about the content. Like in this case, the mod went ahead and removed the thread in order to protect Totse from harm. You don't see old mods do that. They just skim over things.Now, if I ask that mod to please explain his actions he will be open about it and in future I can prevent this from happening again.

Modding users is all about taking risk, since this place is new we have less chance of getting fucked. Having strong foundation is the key. I want to build a strong core which consists of users and moderators who could handle and run this site without fail even when we're getting 2000+ active users at any given time.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    All new mods don't know anything about the system. Having fresh mods makes it easier for Admins and senior mods to guide them. Since we're rebuilding Totse, I would prefer having new mods with no background exprience other than a strong will to contribute and help the community. Old timers tend to fuck up. Hint: Greyfox.

Also, new mods are protective about the content. Like in this case, the mod went ahead and removed the thread in order to protect Totse from harm. You don't see old mods do that. They just skim over things.Now, if I ask that mod to please explain his actions he will be open about it and in future I can prevent this from happening again.

Modding users is all about taking risk, since this place is new we have less chance of getting fucked. Having strong foundation is the key. I want to build a strong core which consists of users and moderators who could handle and run this site without fail even when we're getting 2000+ active users at any given time.

Fair enough. I see your point with greyfox.
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    What the hell is that meant to mean? Since when was talking about firearms illegal anyway?

Not sure which is why I encourage people to pm the forum moderator if they are serious or feel mistreated. My door is always open as well, but perhaps acid_drop was thinking it was in relation to something else that he is familiar with.
  • edited July 2010
    Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't it illegal to own a fully automatic weapon in the U.S. without a license? I don't know what the OP's content was, just tossing that out there.
    edited July 2010
    Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't it illegal to own a fully automatic weapon in the U.S. without a license? I don't know what the OP's content was, just tossing that out there.

Yeah it's illegal, but the information itself isn't. It's actually so easy a cave man can do it, literally. I'm not sure if you can apply/register/pay the tax to make it "legal" through the ATF like you can with a sawed-off, but if they did the fees wouldn't be worth it much less being put on a high profile status in the ATF's database.
  • edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Yeah it's illegal, but the information itself isn't. It's actually so easy a cave man can do it, literally. I'm not sure if you can apply/register/pay the tax to make it "legal" through the ATF like you can with a sawed-off, but if they did the fees wouldn't be worth it much less being put on a high profile status in the ATF's database.

Conspiracy charges blur the legal line, so I can dig where acid_drop came from. What did OP post about anyways?