Hello Totse!

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Hi guys, I've been hanging out and watching this site for a month or two now and I thought it was time I joined and made my introductions to everybody.

I just want to get it out there that I am openly gay, and HIV positive and part of the reason I joined was there seems to be a few members that are here and queer and don't mind the rampant homophobia that gets tossed around so frequently in some of the forums. I will be the first to admit, not just here but in my own circle of friends that I am a hardcore faggot. I grew up in a time when being openly homosexual was much more dangerous and I've had to protect myself and my lovers before from ignorant fools that had a problem with how we live. Perhaps that is why I tend to wear my sexuality on my sleeve and get in breeders faces when judged, but rest assured I am not here to cause problems with your community. Hopefully we can share information and life stories and come to understand, if not be friends with eachother.

I look forward to getting to know you all better, frankly this place seems like much more fun than the typical GLBT forums I frequent.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    What up dawg, enjoy your time here. That was quite an introduction!
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Explain your username.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys, I've been hanging out and watching this site for a month or two now and I thought it was time I joined and made my introductions to everybody.

I just want to get it out there that I am openly gay, and HIV positive and part of the reason I joined was there seems to be a few members that are here and queer and don't mind the rampant homophobia that gets tossed around so frequently in some of the forums. I will be the first to admit, not just here but in my own circle of friends that I am a hardcore faggot. I grew up in a time when being openly homosexual was much more dangerous and I've had to protect myself and my lovers before from ignorant fools that had a problem with how we live. Perhaps that is why I tend to wear my sexuality on my sleeve and get in breeders faces when judged, but rest assured I am not here to cause problems with your community. Hopefully we can share information and life stories and come to understand, if not be friends with eachother.

I look forward to getting to know you all better, frankly this place seems like much more fun than the typical GLBT forums I frequent.

I was expecting Bel-Air somewhere in there. To my surprise there was not. Just to let you know in advance, you gonna get trolled here, so expect it. I'm still unsure as to whether or not you are subtly trolling us so I gots mah eye on ya :o:o:o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Hai! I'm sure you'll find most of the people here quite friendly and accepting. An eye for an eye pretty much rules here, so be nice to others and others will be nice to you :D
  • edited August 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Explain your username.

I am whats known as a "bear" in the gay community.

From Wiki:

Bears tend to have hairy bodies and facial hair; some are heavy-set; some project an image of working-class masculinity in their grooming and appearance, though none of these are requirements or unique indicators. Some bears place importance on presenting a hypermasculine image and may shun interaction with, and even disdain, men who exhibit effeminacy.[1] The bear concept can function as an identity, an affiliation, and an ideal to live up to, and there is ongoing debate in bear communities about what constitutes a bear, however a consensus exists that inclusion is an important part of the Bear Community.[2][3]

So to sum it up I'm big;) I'm a bear, and I'm HIV POZitive
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    That's awkwardly...unnecessary to know!
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm just wondering why you're so eager to tell everyone you're HIV positive.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Welcome, Big Bear! I hope you enjoy your time here, learn a lot, and have a positive (lol) impact on the community!

If you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me.
  • edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why you're so eager to tell everyone you're HIV positive.

Its an important part of my life and I refuse to live in the shadows and be ashamed. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Welcome, Big Bear! I hope you enjoy your time here, learn a lot, and have a positive (lol) impact on the community!

If you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks to you Daily, and everyone else that has replied in this thread.
  • edited August 2010
    Double post ban
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Surprisingly refreshing introduction. You remind me of my childhood. The endless nights of frustration, the itch that could never be cured. The feeling of being an outcast left to rot, the boring school days and especially the father-son love bond that never got a chance.

It's nice to see people from different background and ideals joining this place. I hope you find everything you need here. If you need help I am sure any mod or user will help you out. Remember, we're a community and you're now a part of it.

Contribute and help each other out. You will get trolled but whatever happens we will be with you in the time of need.

Have fun :)
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited August 2010
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited August 2010
    Zoklet is a vibrant community but the homophobia is out of control. I was banned because of my refusal to tolerate discrimination base on sexual preference.

How exactly did this happen?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Obvious troll.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck, that guy is probably me :(
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Only like, he's not. I donno it's hard to explain now that I see his username is so close to mine. Is somebody trolling me cuz that's not much of a troll.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    Hello and welcome to &T. Hope you learn, laugh and fap a lot here and don't forget to bring a towel.
  • big white stickbig white stick Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    im new here to this info totse site. boy hidey i still wirsh totse was still running. dammit jeffry!
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited August 2010
    141px-1278986066564.JPG

Welcome. :hai: