Make A Molotov Cocktail

DailyDaily Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Molotov Cocktails are one of the easiest and most dangerous weapons to make.

A Molotov Cocktail has the capabilities of causing destructive damage to property as well as fatally harming a beautiful human creation.
This is a standard version of the classic Molotov Cocktail:

molotov_cocktail_flam.jpg

This is a Molotov Cocktail in use:

molotov.jpg

And this is a Molotov Cocktail's effects:

4977079dda15e

The standard version of the Molotov Cocktail is the one everyone knows. Gasoline/alcohol in a bottle, stick a cloth in, light the cloth and throw. I am here to show you a safer and more effective version.

Things you need:
  • 1 x Glass Bottle (preferably 330ml or 500ml)
  • 1 x Tampon
  • 1 x Rubber Band
  • 1 x Lighter/Matches
  • Enough gasoline to fill up half the bottle
  • Enough motor oil to fill up half the bottle

Optional:
  • Grease
  • Tar
  • Sellotape

You can purchase the optional items in your local hardware store. Or ask a neighbour who has a car or something.

Steps:

1. Fill up half the bottle with gasoline and the other half with motor oil. Put the cap back on. If that's not possible because the cap is like this, get it as flat as you can and sellotape it back. Mix well.
  2. Take out the tampon and soak it with gasoline. Do not worry, this will not hurt you. Also, cut off the string from the tampon.
  3. Squeeze the tampon so it does not leak. Tie the tampon around the neck of the bottle, and use your rubber bands to hold the tampon in place. Be careful to not let gasoline drip down the bottle. If it does, dry it off with tissues. Dry your hands, too.
  4. Assuming you know where you're going to throw your cocktail, take out your lighter/matches and spark up the tampon. It will catch fire. Do not freak out because if you drop it and it breaks you will be fucked.
  5. When it catches fire, do not throw it straight away. Hold it for about 3 seconds and THEN throw it. It will make the neck of the bottle much hotter and this will ensure that the bottle will break on impact. You will look retarded if you throw the bottle and it doesn't break.

This mixture will affect a wide radius since it is not dense. The flame will be huge. I recommend using this mixture on a building or some kind of stationary object.

Other variations:

Filling up half the bottle with gasoline and the other half with tar will make your mixture very sticky indeed, and it will be much harder to put out. However, due to it's thickness, this prevents your mixture from targeting radius as wide as the gasoline and motor oil mixture would. I would recommend using this mixture on a group of humans from a distance.

Filling up half your bottle with gasoline, quarter of it with tar, and quarter of it with grease will make the mixture even stickier. Only use this when you are close to the target, since it does not affect a wide radius. Accuracy is a must. I recommend using this mixture on a moving target, such as a human or a car.

Congratulations! You have just made your own Molotov Cocktail.
THIS INFORMATION IS FOR THEORETICAL PURPOSES ONLY. I DO NOT CONDONE THE PRODUCTION OF ANY INCENDIARIES SUCH AS THE ONE DESCRIBED ABOVE AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Molotov cocktails are not Backyard Ballistics. At best, they're a Bad Idea. Maybe you should rethink which forum you posted this garbage in.

On a secondary note, molotov cocktails are one of the stupidest things you can make. They have absolutely zero practical use in pyrotechnics. The only thing they can possibly achieve is either destroy property or, oh joy, spread a burning liquid fuel. And that's when they don't just explode in your hand. You want a fireball? It's called an Aerial Lampare, look it up. Don't bring this retarded kewl shit into what should rightfully be a respectable forum.
    This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly.
    It's in the description, for fucks sake. Molotov's are not responsible.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Please do not derail this thread. If you want to hate on me, please do it in B&M. I see you are a new arrival, I recommend you read the FAQ. However, I thank you for informing me of my mistake of posting in the wrong forum. I apologise.

My Mom Is Dead, can you please move this thread to BI? Thanks!
  • edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Please do not derail this thread. If you want to hate on me, please do it in B&M.

I will delete my post once the thread is moved. There's no personal hatred in this; I have no qualm with the content as long as it's in the right forum. You need to understand the sort of precautions the pyrotechnics community has to take in order to keep the collective image from sinking deeper than it already is.
    I see you are a new arrival, I recommend you read the FAQ.

:hai: Oh fuck, I lol'd. :hai:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, no, please don't delete your post. We condone free speech here.

I am happy I made you lol.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited August 2010
    that sounds really fucking dangerous. It is already archived in my memory though
  • edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Oh, no, please don't delete your post. We condone free speech here.

Haha, I wouldn't delete it as an act of censorship but as a tidying up. As I said, I've no problem with the content as long as it's in the proper place. I feel that you may have misinterpreted my demeanor. There was no malice in what I said, it's just how I say hello. :hai:

I'm old TOTSE blood, you just have to get used to me. :thumbsup:
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited August 2010
    Vineman wrote: »
    Haha, I wouldn't delete it as an act of censorship but as a tidying up. As I said, I've no problem with the content as long as it's in the proper place. I feel that you may have misinterpreted my demeanor. There was no malice in what I said, it's just how I say hello. :hai:

I'm old TOTSE blood, you just have to get used to me. :thumbsup:

No.... No, it's an impersonator, it has to be.......
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Moved to BI, Formatted the thread and fixed the layout. Going to Tweet and Reddit'ed it.

Thanks for contributing Daily.
  • MisterfisterMisterfister New Arrival
    edited September 2010
    My first Molotov cocktail was a beer bottle filled with gasoline and a newspaper, when we lit it, we forgot that we spilled gas on it, that lit and we couldn't hold it, so we hit it with a golf club and let it burn his lawn haha
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Adding some pictures would make this guide epic.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited September 2010
    Jesus Christ a tampon? Have you even tried that.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for posting this guide. Great information, should come in handy :D
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    Great guide. I'll have to try this out somewhere safe. You gave me a new wallpaper.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Bump for CMS.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    This should help all of totse molotov everything..
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    One thing you can also do is add Styrofoam to the gas mixture so it will stick better and burn longer. It basically creates a molotov napalm combo.
  • Prince AlbertPrince Albert Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    I have always been a fan of adding kerosene and gas in a 50/50 mix. straight kerosene for the wick.
  • edited January 2011
    One thing you can also do is add Styrofoam to the gas mixture so it will stick better and burn longer. It basically creates a molotov napalm combo.

You dirty little shit.

Any pointers on how to maximize damage with one of these do hickys?

Ergo where to aim on the human body (alternatively flammable structures) when releasing said bottle of flaming liquid? I might be doing it wrong....

That pic is just so beyond epic that words escape me and all I can do is type
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Aim for the head if you can, or else aim for the breast area so the fire quickly engulfs the head.
  • edited January 2011
    Thank god totse is back
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    mrbenfield wrote: »
    i just wanted to share a really cool story about molotov cocktails and their use by Finland against the Russians, who were the obvious underdogs in that conflict. It is a fucking awesome read, i suggest you guys check it out. because of this story, i want to keep the materials to make several molotovs in my house, in case America gets itself in a conflict it cant handle, and i have to defend myself.

http://ar.to/2010/08/red-blood-white-snow

That was a great read thanks for sharing!