The Official Shoplifter's Thread

CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
edited February 2013 in Man Cave
Alright ladies and gents, let's get it going again. I'm going to start by asking what your favorite way to shoplift is and we'll all just go from there. Make sure to give details and testimony of how it's gone in the past.

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    To get us started, I uploaded .pdfs of some guides that contain a goldmine of info. Good to get started with if you're new to shoplifting, a bit old but still has loads of good info. A few of them are from Totse, some aren't though.

Includes:
    The Art of Shoplifting
    How to Make Booster Pants
    Stealing super target
    Shoplifting tips
    How to make a magic bag

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAGME6ML

If anybody is interested, here are some loss prevention forums. It helps to know what the other side is up to. :)
    http://www.lpinformation.com/Default.aspx?tabid=70

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Obvious tip. Don't shoplift from the same place twice within the period of a couple months. So many people I know have made this mistake though that I just have to point it out.

It helps to know when the price value is grand theft instead of petty theft, considering there's a big difference in the penalty if caught. If at all possible keep it at petty. You can find the state by state laws here:
    http://retail.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=retail&cdn=money&tm=14&gps=175_259_1024_589&f=00&su=p554.12.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.pcgsolutions.com/shoplifting_statutues.htm

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Does anyone here have a guide for stealing from best buy? Ive got most stores mastered but best buy was the one where I got fucked. Mostly due to security at the front and an off duty cop had to be a hero. But there security's pretty good and they WILL use physical force unlike most places.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    SWIM used to steal from a supermarket every day for 4 months. Never got caught.

Was I the first one to use SWIM on &T.i?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    SWIM used to steal from a supermarket every day for 4 months. Never got caught.

Was I the first one to use SWIM on &T.i?

I think so.
  • Sir LynchalotSir Lynchalot Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    My character in the book I'm writing is very curious about all the tools of the trade. Could anyone supply some info? Links, old posts, .pdfs, etc? This Shoplifter thread needs to start off on the right foot.
  • theinvadertheinvader Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    And who are you?

You sound like a fed.
    Banish him!
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Does anyone here have a guide for stealing from best buy? Ive got most stores mastered but best buy was the one where I got fucked. Mostly due to security at the front and an off duty cop had to be a hero. But there security's pretty good and they WILL use physical force unlike most places.

Best buy is a cakewalk IF you know what to steal, Laptop hard drives are easy pickings and sale very good on ebay. gimmie a minute and ill bring over my guide for bestbuy
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010

Best buy is a cakewalk IF you know what to steal, Laptop hard drives are easy pickings and sale very good on ebay. gimmie a minute and ill bring over my guide for bestbuy

OK I am gonna give you all some info on a great system that works for my friend Dante. Here are the items and what they bring consistently on a certain auction website. Dante makes very good money and only sells his aquired goods once a month.

Western Digital 640GB Laptop drive- 65.00 - 96.00

Western Digital 320 GB Hard Dive - 75.00 - 88.00

Windows 7 Home Premium Anytime upgrade- 60.00

Windows 7 Home premium upgrade 64&32 Bit set - 65.00

Windows 7 Pro Anytime upgrade 60.00

Win 7 Pro upgrade 64 &32 Bit set- 125.00

Dante said that Best bUy is the best place to get these hard drives as there are always plenty in stock. He usually aquires 5 to 6 at a time. it is also a good place to get the win 7 anytime upgrades as you can fit two of them in each back pocket.

When Dante aquires windows 7 software from walmart he laughs at the spider wraps they put on the boxes. If you have noticed the windows 7 boxes are not sqaure and the wrap can be slid right off.

These are current prices for current software. As things change insert newest software / hardware rinse and repeat. There is a buyer on that auction site who will purchase all the software you can supply at those prices listed. He does buy it now and pays right up. wonderful gent to deal with.

I just talked with Dante and man he laughed his ass off at the BB being the hardest store to lift from. But back on point He said that he schucks the hd
    s in a very good blind spot he has found in some bB's . He also uses social engineering, slight of hand and generally not looking sketchy. He wouldnt reveal the blind spots are exactly how he socially engineers, cuz he said that good boosters already know that shit. (He's a smug bastard) Dante said he gets in and out quick and does employ a wheelman named Randall. If you pm me I can maybe get him to answer any Questions you have.PS there are no EAS tags in the anytime upgrades

Anti theft devices with videos http://www.alphaworld.com/index.asp
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit Dante seems like quite a character though i was wondering what would be a good place to start shoplifting from i want to start small and work my way up since so far I've just jacked small shit here and there. Though if dante could post some more of his secrets that would be very nice.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    megaman wrote: »
    Holy shit Dante seems like quite a character though i was wondering what would be a good place to start shoplifting from i want to start small and work my way up since so far I've just jacked small shit here and there. Though if dante could post some more of his secrets that would be very nice.

I got Dante on the phone what kind of tips you need good sir?
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    I got Dante on the phone what kind of tips you need good sir?

wow ohh well

-best blind spots
    -what he does to blend in
    -where he hides the items on his person
    -what stores does he steal from other then bestbuy and out of those what are the easiest
    -how old is he
    -has he ever got caught and is so why
    -what are the worst stores to steal from

and thank you good sir
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    wow ohh well

-best blind spots
    -what he does to blend in
    -where he hides the items on his person
    -what stores does he steal from other then bestbuy and out of those what are the easiest
    -how old is he
    -has he ever got caught and is so why
    -what are the worst stores to steal from

and thank you good sir

1. The refridgerator and stove section, open a fridge schuck and go

2. Dress appropriate to normal for the area, Polos and khakis blend in better than your new slayer t and baggy jeans

3 In his pockets

4. Bestbuy is his fucking cash cow, walmart aint too hard either and target is too oeasy

5. Hes in his 20's and looks very well groomed

6. He hasnt been caught in 6 years in the business (never get greedy and have a plan he says)

7. High end Department stores are the worse from what he said. He also doesnt think stealing clothes is to smart.

Dante said hes in it for the money and he does pretty good for himself.If you wanna discuss more add me on msn hes coming over right now
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    walk in, grab, walk out?
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    walk in, grab, walk out?

pretty fuckin much no need to complicate things
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    1. The refridgerator and stove section, open a fridge schuck and go

2. Dress appropriate to normal for the area, Polos and khakis blend in better than your new slayer t and baggy jeans

3 In his pockets

4. Bestbuy is his fucking cash cow, walmart aint too hard either and target is too oeasy

5. Hes in his 20's and looks very well groomed

6. He hasnt been caught in 6 years in the business (never get greedy and have a plan he says)

7. High end Department stores are the worse from what he said. He also doesnt think stealing clothes is to smart.

Dante said hes in it for the money and he does pretty good for himself.If you wanna discuss more add me on msn hes coming over right now

damn thanks a lot I've always wondered on a lot of these especially number three since I've put things in between my pants and waist and was walking out the store when the item fell down and was between my shoes and pants to which i dragged my leg like i had a limp from 'nam and got the fuck out of there and was literally 3 feet out the door when the item fell out. Also yah my msn is [email protected] though i rarely check it also irc doesn't work for me and i need to figure out how to fix that though i do have tons of questions for both you and date since you guys clearly know what you're doing also if you need an opinion on any idea I'll be willing to help you out though.
  • LucifereusLucifereus Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010

i can give you some advice. the biggest mistake i made when i started shopliting (age 13) was concealing merchandise in the store and then hanging around for 15 minutes thinking no one saw me. maybe they didnt go after me because they felt sorry for a young kid. anyways, now what i do is know the item i want, then get it and walk towards the exit, then when im a few seconds from exiting i quickly pocket it behind an isle close to the door and leave. oh and loss prevention doesnt grab you usually until you are outside of the store, so if your feeling sketchy then get out and fucking run.

oh and dont get caught. carry a roll of quarters if you can just incase you need to sock lp in the face. just dont get caught, you wont be hired at a department store for 10 years.

oh and CVS is a great place to hit at 2 am, nobody is at the register, a few people stocking shelves, you can walk in and grab some over the counter meds and maybe a carton of cigs and just leave.
  • LucifereusLucifereus Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    i also wrote a plan on lifting multiple ipods on zoklet
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    damn that probably does pretane to me a lot being 14 there's been many times I've been sure my friends will be caught from the cameras and they never do (they say nobody watched the camera 24/7) so far this thread has been very helpful though it seems my above normal paranoia has helped me out very much. Though at this point im going to mainly get things to save money though my next target might just be a blow job simulator from spencers which is one of those things i could never justify buying though im going to be careful since i imagine the crowd that goes there must try to steal from there a lot
  • therougepenguintherougepenguin Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I'm not big into shoplifting, only small things I'd need anyways and I think are overpriced (razor blades and such), but I'd like to contribute.

I've seen some people use something like a small knife or a boxcutter to open packages, which helps but is kinda obvious. What I do is take one of the pieces off of a box cutter blade, wrap the not-sharp end in electrical tape to make a handle, and have myself a small, disposable blade that's easy to conceal.

Not much but it does work well
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    damn that probably does pretane to me a lot being 14 there's been many times I've been sure my friends will be caught from the cameras and they never do (they say nobody watched the camera 24/7) so far this thread has been very helpful though it seems my above normal paranoia has helped me out very much. Though at this point im going to mainly get things to save money though my next target might just be a blow job simulator from spencers which is one of those things i could never justify buying though im going to be careful since i imagine the crowd that goes there must try to steal from there a lot

Steal , sell and buy one of these http://www.realtouch.com/dispatcher/home?genreId=1 I'm an authorized seller and i have had plenty of happy customers. ( yes i dabble in all kinds of shit to make money)
  • ScumBagScumBag Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Well I see some familiar faces over here. Hope this site works out for you.!. I do not mind if you reprint any of my info off of Zoklet over to this forum … just don’t say it your info … I will call you out. :D
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Steal , sell and buy one of these http://www.realtouch.com/dispatcher/home?genreId=1 I'm an authorized seller and i have had plenty of happy customers. ( yes i dabble in all kinds of shit to make money)

holy shit you weren't lying when you say you dabble in a lot of shit to make money though i probably wouldn't be able to find one to steal. Also no offense but if i bought that i would probably never bother to put any effort towards girls or even leave my house. :D
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    holy shit you weren't lying when you say you dabble in a lot of shit to make money though i probably wouldn't be able to find one to steal. Also no offense but if i bought that i would probably never bother to put any effort towards girls or even leave my house. :D

What i meant was steal other shit to sell then buy what you want. Remember this " Never give a thief a gift, if he wanted something he would already have it." Also when it comes to bad ideas the key is to diversify man:D
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get it more organized then I'm going to make a super-thread with links to every guide on BI. Won't be done until like another month since not much content yet.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Since LP's use radios/walkie-talkies, has anyone ever brought their own or something and tried to listen in? I imagine this would be helpful since you can then know if they're on to you.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    ShadyLady wrote: »
    Not just walkie talkies, some use bluetooth headsets. One thing I noticed with LP is that they always look REALLY serious. Your average Walmart customer doesn't have that 'Walmart is serious business' look.

This is a good point.

Also, they can't communicate with each other without some form of radio or phone. So pay attention to that.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    Any good ideas on how a male could conceal clothing during these summer months?
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Stickied.
  • camiestccamiestc Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Finally! :D
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited October 2010
    Alright let's get this thread more active. Wikipedia used to have an article on shoplifting that was quite controversial there because it was practically a guide on various shoplifting techniques. Here's a dl link to that old wiki article.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rt7nchk4ce7eo3c
  • edited October 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Any good ideas on how a male could conceal clothing during these summer months?

Drop it into a bag from a different store? I have no idea. I guess wearing it underneath your current clothing is out of the question during summer?
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited October 2010
    I'm not sure if this tip was said already but I'll say it again if it was.

The biggest and most important thing IMO is a time limit. The thing that I have seen that gets most people caught is either walking around with the item(s) for a while or even worse walking around after conceling the items.

Walk in, go right to the item get it go to your spot pocket it and go straight to the door. Hanging around in the store just gives them time to corrdinate and be waiting for you when you are going out. Almost always if you snag it fast and be on the way out they will not have time to make sure you took it and get together to grab you.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    One thing that helps with alot of the newer security tags is carrying neodymium magnets. Pull a pair from an old hdd and clip them to your belt buckle or something ferrous before you go in. Be very careful. Bastards have a VERY strong magnetic field.

You can find a few guides on youtube regarding how to use the magnets to remove the tags. It's pretty straightforward.

Also, always carry a blade of some sort. Try not to leave packaging behind, but sometimes there's not a huge choice. I.E. small item, unconcealable box.

It's been pointed out to me before that most Walmarts only have LP on staff until 1AM during the week (roughly) and 11-12ish on weekends. Plan accordingly. Late night runs are way easier due to the fact that most of the people working hate their jobs and just don't care.

That's all I can think of for now. Best of luck with your ...research.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited February 2011
    What do you guys do once you have taken apart the security tags? I place them in my pocket and when I'm back on the shop floor, act like I'm checking out other clothing and secretly place the tags into the pockets of the other clothes. If I walk out of the store with the security tags detached, will the alarms still go off?
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd assume the alarm will still go off. I do the same thing. Make a quick detour to a clothing section and dump the tags in something.

Also, late in the night (post 1AM if it's open) don't be afraid to go into the bathrooms. Throw any packaging in the trash and bury it.
  • StankyPeachesMonroeStankyPeachesMonroe Semo-Regulars
    edited February 2011
    A more complicated approach to shoplifting.

Person1(P1) goes into a store and buy something worth a bit while person2(P2) waits outside. purchase the item(s) and then leave, make sure P1 get a receipt.
    Inform P2 what you purchased have them go in the store and place those items somewhere P1 can grab it non-conspicuously. Small but pricey items are good for this. P1 leaves the purchased items outside with P2 or somewhere they can be picked up later. P1 needs a reason for returning the items, this is where you can get creative. for example, you called a sibling and they got the same thing for moms birthday. Or you bought the wrong brand for your significant other.
    P1 hands them the receipt and the items that P2 planted in the store.
    Walk out with the cash and the items outside, you win.
  • starfox223starfox223 Regular
    edited March 2011
    ^ That made no sense to me, maybe because of awful grammar.
    But yea like RogueEagle91 said, carry strong magnets with you.
  • lazybumlazybum Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    So How DO stores tell if you're a perpatrator or not?
    I've heard myths about never talking to personnel while lifting
    and I've also heard that never lift from the same place more than once a month
    I hate both of these rules, first one just sounds stupid
    the second one makes me rage because i need shit i cant buy
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited March 2011
    lazybum wrote: »
    So How DO stores tell if you're a perpatrator or not?
    I've heard myths about never talking to personnel while lifting
    and I've also heard that never lift from the same place more than once a month
    I hate both of these rules, first one just sounds stupid
    the second one makes me rage because i need shit i cant buy

Loss prevention personnel analyze your behavior. If you're sweating, picking up items and looking around, looking over your shoulder, avoiding other shoppers and store employees, and generally acting like a stereotypical crook that you see in the movies, then they're going to get on you like a fly on warm shit.

Professional, veteran lifters have mastered the art of concealing their true intentions, which enables them to blend in like a regular hopper.
  • kbmanorkbmanor Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    I can't emphasize the time limit enough. Get in and get out. Here's a little twist I dreamnt of one night. Walk in. Straight to the item I've been dreaming of. Pick it up. Walk to a blind spot. Conceal my dreamy item. While walking to the front of the store I dreamnt I picked up another insignifcant item. Walk right up to a cashier, put the item down in front of her. Tell her that I left my wallet in the car and I'd be right back to pay for this. Gone!

When I dream about WallMart, I ALWAYS hit the bathroom before leaving. They are usually required to maintain visual proof that you haven't ditched the item.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited February 2013
    here's some copy pasta to bump one of my favourite totse.info threads...
    clothes:

h&m
    best place is in the changing rooms. they are manned, but just stuff an extra piece of clothing in a hoodie or other large item of clothing so you have one more than what you tell them. they never remember what you came in with, especially if it's 4+ items. if you're feeling lazy, just walk out. the shops are usually large and the counter is too far away for an assistant to run, especially in a mall where you disappear in the crowd.

new look
    got some nice men's stuff in now. good thing their changing rooms aren't manned. just conceal anything in there but cut off the tag first, it has a small alarm in it. not that anyone gives a shit when the sensors go off...

primark
    the clothes are shit, but then again no one cares. it's a good place for return scams, though. look near the entrance for receipts cos people tend to drop them on the way out. pick up the items (size specific) and refund them. the policy is very relaxed, they don't require a reason for return.

john lewis
    changing rooms aren't monitored + expensive clothes = success
    they're upper class so they don't expect it. it's big too so you could just walk away with whatever if you wanted to.

river island and topman
    both tag their clothes, although their changing rooms are unmanned so if you fancy a push out, it's possible. there's often a security guard in my topman, though.

books

waterstones
    either conceal them or swap one book for another at the till claiming you bought one earlier and it's wrong. have a fake name and address in mind because they take details.

food

woolworths (outdated :L)
    good for the drink lift mentioned in the post above. just tak a drink, walk around, go upstairs if there is one. it's usually quiet. it helps to open the drink and it's calming too. then bag it and walk out. this works with other food items too although i've only done it with drinks.

waitrose
    again upper class so they don't expect it. just put a bag in the trolley nd slip things in. you could also put things inside other items, but bear weight in mind.

anyone used self service checkouts?
    a few years ago i used to love these things.

also...

has anyone noticed in discount shops such as home bargains, b&m etc, they have a cardboard security guard. Do these shops have better than
    average cctv or something?