Going "dreamo"

woodwood Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
A mate from uni who I've hung out with a couple times invited me to his 21st. He insists that it's a 'lounge' rather than a party, in what I think is mock-sophistication.

The theme for this 'lounge' is 'dreamo', which is apparently like emo but the exact opposite. I'm just going to copy-paste his description.

"...bright harlequin breeches, clean fingernails and hair, broad smiles, paisley scarves, turbans and capes. Pirate/wizard hats are optional."

So I'm going to this thing tomorrow, I ask you totse: what would you wear?

EDIT: my fingernails and hair will not be clean

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    wood wrote: »
    EDIT: my fingernails and hair will not be clean

You rebel :o

Otherwise, I have no input.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    You rebel :o

Otherwise, I have no input.
    :(3
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited August 2010
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited August 2010
    no clue, sorry. I'll just say I'm not a big one for dressing up unless I'm completely overdoing it for lulz
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    SHANE14 wrote: »
    no clue, sorry. I'll just say I'm not a big one for dressing up unless I'm completely overdoing it for lulz
    Yeah, it's difficult. I'm not enough of a ponce to dress like an 18th century English gentleman. Most of what I wear is black, grey, brown, and dark blue. Fucking dreamo... Maybe I'll just wear what I normally do and some trippy silk scarf.

I just wish a had a tricorn hat....
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Get a 18th century pimp suit.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    Well it was last night and I was pretty much the most extravagantly dressed person there including the host. Ended up wearing a mustard coloured suit jacket and a patterned satin scarf. I would've taken pictures but public transport made me get drunk.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Rule of thumb for parties: don't dress like a weirdo unless you're sure everyone else will too.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    Eh, I don't see why I should give a shit really. I'd probably dress more or less the same just dirtier if he hadn't set a theme.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    You wear suit jackets and scarves to parties?
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    I would wear a jacket and a bandit scarf. Like I said, just not as clean cut. Not that I was particularly clean cut last night, almost everything I was wearing was from op shops.
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited August 2010
    What did you end up wearing ?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Spook wrote: »
    What did you end up wearing ?
    wood wrote: »
    Well it was last night and I was pretty much the most extravagantly dressed person there including the host. Ended up wearing a mustard coloured suit jacket and a patterned satin scarf. I would've taken pictures but public transport made me get drunk.

ltr