King Crimson

FONFON Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
In this thread we appreciate the brilliant music of King Crimson.

Favourite songs? Albums? Best era? Best lineup?

I find it nearly impossible to choose any of the above...In The Court Of The Crimson King was one of the first albums I ever got when I was 13 or 14...Been listening to KC ever since. All their albums have excelled in totally different ways, I am hard-picked to find a bland moment amongst them...I suppose that is why King Crimson are so great.

I have to admit though, I never much got into their later albums after Three Of A Perfect Pair (which is incredible). ConstruKction of Light had interesting music/lyrics/moments, but it never grabbed me like their earlier albums did.

Sorry for the rantish post (heh, I actually went and trimmed it back a lot). I hope theres some other KC fans on here...

Note: Posted this on zoklet but figured I'd put it here as well because this place needs some content...I don't really think theres a big music crowd on totse.inf (nor zoklet for that matter aside from oooh we love rap and brootal metalz) but eh, what the heck.

Comments

• EbolaEbola Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Epitaph is with no doubt my fav!
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm wearing a King Crimson shirt that I made myself :D

it's basically this on a white shirt
    2513026452_343e3a6f2e.jpg

but in black and white, and a thin black outline around it, and under it the words "King Crimson" with a cool underline underneath it. if I had a camera I'd show you in full detail :p

one of my favorite songs, of course all KC songs are amazing

that's not the official video for that song though....just the only one I could find on youtube
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon thats awesome. I'd love a In The Court... shirt. I daresay its my favourite album cover of all time. I do have one of an evil looking character playing an organ with a bunch of different instruments spilling out of it, with In The Court Of The Crimson King underneath. Its quite nice, but eh....

Discipline is great. I love this footage of Elephant Talk. Such a bizarre song...

There is a funny story behind the song Thela Hun Ginjeet as well...Apparently Adrian Belew was approached by rastas while walking around near their studio in London. He had been recording phrases such as 'he had a gun...this was a dangerous place' while strolling to get some background noises. The rastas forced him to hand it over then freaked when they heard what was on it thinking he was an undercover cop or something....After they let him go he went into the studio and Fripp signalled the sound guy to begin recording as Adrian repeated his version of events...

Heres the full story as told by Adrian: http://elephant-blog.blogspot.com/2007/04/anecdote-808.html
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    HEAT iN THE JUNGLE STREET