Morality

DailyDaily Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Fuck morality. Who the fuck decides what our morals are? Religious text and the law, which then manipulate society to "know" the difference between right and wrong. And then this gets passed down from generation to generation and subconsciously teach us to control our most natural impulses and desires, which in turn don't even make us HUMAN, but make us MACHINES. Now I don't condone murder and other violent actions (unless justified, but nobody wants to go into this faggotry now) BUT there is nothing wrong to feel the need to fulfill a yearning want to slaughter somebody. But of course, tell this to a doctor and you are instantly classified as a psychopath and get sent to endless therapy sessions which ultimately don't do shit. Fuck that shit.

Life is all about fun. Hard work provides fun. If it is not providing fun, go find something else to provide fun. Happiness is the ultimate emotion. It is the only emotion which is worth feeling. Of course, other emotions branch out from happiness. Now I'm not necessarily a utilitarian, since I do not think that a "moral" (fuck, I hate this word) action is determined by the utility it provides. Actually, maybe I am and I just don't know it.

Have more sex.
Do more drugs.
Fight more people.

Seize those opportunities and MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY REGARDLESS OF MORAL STANDPOINTS.

That is all.

Comments

• jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes you can go out and do all those things if those are the things that make you happy. If you wind up behind bars/dead then I wouldn't say it was worth it.

All of those things (bar fighting in my case but plenty of people seem to get a kick out of it) can be fun but they're a lot more fun in moderation. Addiction sucks, knocking a bitch up sucks, getting killed/put in a coma sucks.

By being born you signed your way into a social contract. Don't like it? Go live off on your own. Grow your own food, create your own drugs, fight other people who will enjoy shitting in a ditch with you.

You speak from a point of view I had not too long ago and it just lead me down a road of depression. If you can find your niche (or just someway to make it in society) it is quite easy to be happy working 9-5 and getting laid/fucked up after work.

The world is not out to get you believe it or not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is fine to do immoral things, but, when they screw you over, don't go crying that there is no such thing as morality to begin with. You dug your own hole.
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    See my thread in the Religion forum to see why OP is correct.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    'Without immortality there can be no virtue'

I love that quote. So true.
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    But what if all that one is... were destruction? Would you still dislike the "morals", which aren't actually ethics at all?
    They are many of these destruction obsessed beings out there, that just don't care. Want this world to melt. What is your stand point on these "people".
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess what I'm really trying to say is that morality is subjective and not objective. People who wanna watch the world burn (this reminds me of some quote from The Dark Knight) usually only fantasize about it. My standpoint on these people? I have no standpoint on anything really. Also, fuck religion.
  • ashenbloodashenblood Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I pretty much agree, but just doing random shit/whatever i want doesnt really satisfy me at all, so my actions reflect a moral standpoint somewhat
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    I guess what I'm really trying to say is that morality is subjective and not objective. People who wanna watch the world burn (this reminds me of some quote from The Dark Knight) usually only fantasize about it. My standpoint on these people? I have no standpoint on anything really. Also, fuck religion.

Yeah, I know, I was trying to show the cons of such a perspective. Throw it out the window I guess.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Define your own morals. Don't let the media/government/religious institutions influence delude us more than it already has.
    edited August 2010
    Darwinism, moral relativity, it will devalue human life itself. You won't care if others all around the world are victims of genocide "So what if they're dead it's they're own fault!" You government or media was most likely responsible for the deaths as well. You lack morals and become disconnected, no compassion for others.
    Secular humanism, I won't fall for that shit because it makes us weak, decadent. This has become widespread, and is the reason society has turned to shit, because we don't care. "I just want to be left alone, I want to live my own life. I don't want to waste my time focusing on this shit!" Denial never helped anyone. It always benefits those who exploit weakness.

Welcome to the brave new world.
  • edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    'Without immortality there can be no virtue'

I love that quote. So true.

immortality =X= immorality.

This exhibit exhibits the arseholiness of Arsetrallians. Be advised : exhibiting retardation is retardation exhibited.

Also .... this further strengthens my beliefs that all new and old members should have their IQ tested.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    Methmatician, you fucking troll.
    edited August 2010
    Be advised : exhibiting retardation is retardation exhibited.
    Also .... this further strengthens my beliefs that all new and old members should have their IQ tested.

You said it right there, that makes you retarded unless you're a hypocrite which would invalidate my claim.

Many people of today ignore morality as a decision because, they'd be responsible for the outcome of participation which could be negative or positive. But there's a chance of real negativity they don't wish to partake in which ever event/action/reaction that could result in said responsibility of morals. In their world if they don't accept it, nothing can ever go wrong. If you have hundreds of millions of people doing this around the world this can lead to some serious ramifications if someone seeks to exploit it. Which many already have.

As you people tend to say... "Fuck it."
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    immortality =X= immorality.

This exhibit exhibits the arseholiness of Arsetrallians. Be advised : exhibiting retardation is retardation exhibited.

haha. You obviously didn't grasp the meaning of that quote...I'll come back and explain it later.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Immortality in that quote pertains to that of the soul. The context it is used in is religious, by way of saying religion (immortality of the soul after death) is what keeps man's morals in check, and through atheism (no immortality), if it were to be truth, that all things are lawful and nothing should be considered immoral. These are extreme views, but they ring of truth.

That is a very simple summary for the methmetician. If you ever acquire a brain that goes beyond simple trolling, please feel free to discuss.