Dead Snow

FONFON Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'd say the best zombie movie I've seen in a long time...While it doesn't add anything too new to the genre (not that nazi zombies in the mountains of Norway is particularly unoriginal), it is surprisingly hilarious and gory. It kept taking me by surprise with who would die and how, and it was usually in fucking hilarious ways.

The opening scene is one of the best I've seen in a zombie movie. The music really made it great...Can't remember the song though.

The ending was freaking hilarious as well. The first time I watched it I was alone and was pissing myself laughing. The 2nd time I had a bunch of friends and everybody was still pissing themselves.

8/10.

And for those who have seen it...heres my favourite parts
When the guy with the chainsaw gets bitten and chops off his own arm, then a zombie pops up and bites him in the crotch.....Either that or when hes just been slaying with his friend and then his girlfriend sneaks up and taps him on the shoulder, he turns around and instinctively lashes out with his weapon, killing her. I almost died of laughter....His rage afterward is also quite hilarious...Shit I also loved the bit where the guy is hanging from a cliff and using a zombies intestine as rope.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for bringing this movie up. I remembered seeing that scene in the spoiler somewhere. Now I can go watch this whole movie :D
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    I was going to watch it last summer when it was originally ripped but decided not to despite the good reviews because of the audio being Norwegian. Although I'm bored shitless having watched every movie possible last summer so I might just suck it up and deal with the subtitles. Every horror/zombie fanatic says this is a must see foreign movie.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    It starts out rather slow, but doesn't take too long for things to get interesting.