What? What!? What!!?? Look, I'm not lil Jon up in this bitch, speak clearly!

BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Why is it that I always end up with the fucking foreign teacher who is a) barely understandable b) incapable of describing ideas and/or articulating their words in a way to get their point across c) incapable of maintaining a steady method of teaching and d) unable to maintain the attention of any student (including me who sits directly in front of her) for longer than 5 minutes at a time!

Schools need to start hiring people who grew up in the same country that they're in themselves. I'm sick of asking teachers to continually repeat themselves, spell the word they're saying on the board (how can you possibly confuse G and Z!?), or start over completely. It makes me feel like an asshole having to do it so much.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be good in their native language, it just seems harder for some of them to get their ideas and points across in English. They're not all like this of course... just mine sigh.

Comments

• st3vest3ve Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    (how can you possibly confuse G and Z!?).

strictly 4 my nizzaz - 2pac
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    My teacher used to saw gwaph instead of graph. He got pissed when i called him elmer fudd one day.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    My teacher used to saw gwaph instead of graph. He got pissed when i called him elmer fudd one day.

He probably got teased in school and got called elmer fudd.

You probably made him reminisce about his dreadful childhood life.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    He probably got teased in school and got called elmer fudd.

You probably made him reminisce about his dreadful childhood life.

Hes asian. he probably got trained on a rice patty by a karate master named wu. i bet his life was badass, and he wouldnt let no punk kid ruin his day by calling him Elmer Fudd.
  • The appalling Mr Bogan.The appalling Mr Bogan. Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I had a late 50's Romanian teacher for maths, couldn't get through his accent for shit, and it was made worse beause we were doing algebra and he pronounced 'e' as 'eeehhhuh' and then just when I figured out what he was talking about pronounced it as 'eh' instead, at which stage I stood up like a bolt of lightning and accused him of mindfucks and upturned my tabel in frustration. This was a whiles ago, I am pretty sure another teacher was telling the truth when they said he had worked in some high level Soviet programme before he came here, too.