This site needs Thanks

edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Zoklet has thanks. Why can't we? I feel it is unfair that they should have the advantage in such things. I'm sure if the admins here are to unskilled to implement thanks someone at Zoklet would help you.

Comments

• DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    I am going to go ahead and speak for everyone on this website.

FUCK NO! :o
  • edited August 2010
    I don't care about your no content reply. Perhaps as a moderator you should set a better example for your members.

I feel THANKS would be a great way to let members know how much we appreciate their informative posts. The number of thanks they accumulate would act almost as a reputation system, rewarding and encouraging good members.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Actually, you should check out what threads this sections contains first, since this thread has been done before, and the majority of users said no. Fuck you.
  • edited August 2010
    Why would you use such harsh language in this situation? Is it because you don't support my idea or because I'm homosexual? While I can apologize for not searching the forum first I think the idea has merit and you have yet to provide a reason why it should not be implemented other than "the majority didn't want it" Well perhaps they have changed their minds and we should take a 2nd look at how this can benefit our community as a whole?

You needn't call it thanks if you choose.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    If you want to let a user know you appreciate their posts, go ahead and tell them you appreciate it. We don't need a button to measure our penises/vaginas. Everybody on Zoklet is equal, whether you're a new arrival with 5 posts or an admin with over 9000. On Zoklet, if somebody with little thanks makes a post, they are disregarded because everybody assumes that he/she is a shitty poster. We don't need this here. If you want thanks so badly, go back to Zoklet and make your witty one liners and gather your thanks. Fuck you twice.
  • edited August 2010
    Ok now I can see your point but yo useem very upset perhaps you should take a break from your duties. Thank you for responding seriously to my idea and now I will think about what you have said before I post further in this thread.

I have to take issue with your claim that everyone is equal here though. There are several moderators that want to silence me because of my homosexuality. I doubt they would have the same issues with another member if they had sex with women.

Daily I think perhaps we got off (LOL) on the wrong foot. You are a female in a male dominated (LOL) forum I'm sure the mindless sexism here is repulsive to you and perhaps yo ucan identify with my struggles a homosexual member struggling for equality and acceptance on Totse. Though we might not always agree on some things, I hope we can keep the lines of communication open in the future and continue to grow and learn.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    The ideas been brought up before no one wanted it.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    A thanks system is going to end up abused and a true ego booster. Newbies will get eaten faster than a kitten thrown into a river full of piranhas and this will definitely start a reputation war and end up in threads full of hate and . . . . and . . . . . etc
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    No thanks.

We already have threads regarding this. The verdict was clear.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Locking this thread.

There are already threads regarding this and we're not implementing a Thanks or Rep system.
This discussion has been closed.