So what's going on with this place anyway?

edited September 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I've been keeping a close eye on this site, waiting to see if it's going to fully take off or not. I noticed Dfg's post on Reddit was a great idea, but it doesn't really help if the site is down all the time, or can't handle the load. Has anybody talked to Hellish about his long term plans, or how we can fix all this downtime? The site has to be fully functioning if we expect to draw people in...

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    I think it was because Altuhosts servers were down not because this site couldn't handle the amount of activity or anything. A different server wouldn't be a bad idea though.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    The downtime wasn't from our end. Reddit is known to take major websites down. At this moment David Throne website is down. What we encountered was a hardware error from the host. Their server died down, it wasn't because of Totse but it was their internal hardware problem. It's fixed now. After the main page is fixed [test server in progress] we will run some tests on this current host and upgrade to a better host capable of handling high traffic. We're aiming for 15,000 users burst rate from time to time. This is just a start. Once the main page is up, we will get more traffic and exposure. We aren't SEO optimized yet.
  • edited September 2010
    Until all this major change comes into place, we are working on getting the forum activity rolling in, and contributing as much as we can. Guides are being posted, threads are being made, and gradually more and more people are coming to post/lurk here. We're still small, and new, but we'll grow in time.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    What I have to say has already been said, so here's a poem:

Little by little
    Step by step
    Inch by inch
    We cannot flinch
    We are TOTSE
    Eating beans
    Makes us fartsy
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010