ITT: Fishing reports/pics

Tiny_Penis : (Tiny_Penis : ( Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
Let's get a thread going with some fishing reports and pictures. Post something recent or tell us about your favorite fishing trip.

I'm a tournament bass fisherman and also an avid Striper angler. Here are some fish I got into this Summer....
I caught this one at the Lake I guide on in NC. She weighed in just over 7lbs. Not the biggest fish, but I love the colors of this one.
2q9vyf6.jpg

This Striper weighed in at just under 13lbs. It hit a bait that I came up with about 2 years ago. It's been a Striper killer ever since I made it.
344biap.jpg

This was my biggest Stripe of the Summer. She weighed just over 20lbs. She ate the same bait as the Striper above.
sz7kon.jpg

Me and my buddy Bobby caught these 4 in about an hour on the lake we guide on. All these fish fell for a 6" locally made swimbait here in Georgia.
2ebanmo.jpg

I caught this Smallmouth Bass at the beginning of Summer. It wasn't too big, but these species is pretty rare in Georgia. It was a good surprise. It's my biggest Smallmouth caught to date.
2nbbkvk.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. Looking forward to see ya'lls.

Comments

• Tiny_Penis : (Tiny_Penis : ( Regular
    edited September 2010
    nobody feesh?
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    Let's get a thread going with some fishing reports and pictures. Post something recent or tell us about your favorite fishing trip.

I'm a tournament bass fisherman and also an avid Striper angler. Here are some fish I got into this Summer....
    I caught this one at the Lake I guide on in NC. She weighed in just over 7lbs. Not the biggest fish, but I love the colors of this one.
    2q9vyf6.jpg

That's a great looking Largemouth you got there. She looks like she weighed more than 7lbs though man, like more around 9.5 - 10lbs. It just may be that you are holding her close to the camera. She looks nice and healthy too, did she contain roe? What kind of lure did you get her on? The last bass I caught that size was caught on a shiner, all the biggest bass I have caught were on live bait. Are you sponsored by any company man?

I saw you said something about NC, what part? I'm in SC and I've caught some good land-locked stripers in the lakes around Santee. I've also seen some of the biggest Flatheads and blues come out of those lakes. I'm talking blues at almost 100lbs. I didn't catch those giants myself, I've just seen them in person. I think the biggest blue I've personally caught out of Santee was around 60+lbs on cut mullet.

Check your PM's bruh.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dropshot on lake erie using imitation gobys. Get them at poorboysbaits.com . Oddly enough the smallmouth don't like the ones you get from sporting goods stores, but they love the poorboy's ones.

The fish love storm drain pipes, they congregate near the opening because the h2o is nice and warm. Look at a map and you'll find them, I think garmin navigator or whatever it's called shows the pipes. The small mouth also love to hang out near uneven bedrock.

More later, I'm tired.
  • edited January 2011
    OP is a sexy boy
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    352rvww.png

5lb common carp. Caught 8 fish that day, 4lb-8lb. Ledgering using a feeder using paste made from trout pellets, maggots and hallibut oil and maggots for hook bait and also fishing on the surface using floating bread crust.

The biggest one was caught using the crust. I cast the crust pretty much on top of the fish - it moved from the reeds it was in and took it. The pond is full of rushes and underwater snags and the fish knew it, allways trying to pull that way.

I go sea fishing, course fishing (freshwater non trout and salmon) and fly and worm fish for trout. The licence to fish for salmon in the UK is a mad price - £72 a year and then you have have to find somewhere to fish. There are very few places you can fish for salmon for free - rates vary depending on the place - ussually from £30 a day to £5K a week depending on where you fish.

Does anywhere in the world bar the UK, Holland and SA beach cast? My sea fishing rod is 14 foot long and I cast around 180 yards - the record is around 300 yards - it is so we can get over the breakers and out where the fish are. As I see it, most other places in the world float fish or troll using lures.
  • edited January 2011
    I went fishing a couple times before but I never caught anything. Apparently the conditions weren't right or something - either that or I just sucked really bad. Anyway, I got a few bites but never managed to reel them in. Even so, I found it really fun just sitting there chilling out.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I miss fishing. I'd happily trade a good day at Uni for one where I was out on the water, and catching nothing. Just the company of like-minded people, the peace and quiet and lack of dickheads makes me miss it loads.
  • edited January 2011
    How much does it cost to start up fishing? IE buying the rods and all the other gear you need.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Damn, I wish I could fish like that. Op, you're fucking lucky mate :). Awesome thread.
    edited January 2011
    Frost, the largie in the picture you are referring to was caught in the pre-spawn and was loaded with eggs. A lot of the fish we caught that trip had eggs leaking out when we landed them. I was using a Spro Little John shallow diving crankbait in the Cellmate pattern when she hit. And yes, I am in a contract with 5 companies right now, but hoping to add on 2 more by the end of the year. I actually live in metro Atlanta in Ga, but I guide fishing trips in North Carolina. Never got to fish Santee but heard they have a real nice population of fish in there. The only S.C. lake I have fished consistently is Murray.

Katzenklavier, Poorboys makes some nice shit. I good friend of mine on the trail is sponsored by them and I've really liked the stuff he let me try out. I'm fucking jealous that you live out on Erie. I would KILL to be able to consistently find 5lb+ smallies.

Dr. Rocker, nice Carp. I wish I knew where I could find some of those.

TRX, you can get in the game with a decent setup and a couple baits for around $100. Go check out Tacklewarehouse.com best prices on the net, they carry pretty much everything on the market, and they have free shipping on orders over $50. Pretty sure that there are enough people on here to give you some good advice on beginner gear to get you started. What body major body of water are you close to?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I went fishing a couple times before but I never caught anything. Apparently the conditions weren't right or something - either that or I just sucked really bad. Anyway, I got a few bites but never managed to reel them in. Even so, I found it really fun just sitting there chilling out.

It can be down to what you have on your hands. I used to do a lot of night fishing in the winter at the shore- get some big cod that way. If I had filled up the car with diesel that day or used my parafin lamp I allways caught no fish - the bait smelled of fuel to the fish even tho I had hardly got any one me and scrubbed my hands.
    edited February 2011
    Dr. R, get a bottle of Anise Oil. Before you touch any of the gear or baits you will be using that day, put a drop or two on your hands and rub it around. This will mask the different scents on your hands and Anise is also a proven fish attractant.

http://www.100pureessentialoils.com/categories/Pure-Essential-Oils/Anise-Oil/

Also, some fish are more sensitive to foreign smells than others on certain days. I also thing it has to do with how aggressively the fish are feeding that day. For example, I've had days where they wouldn't touched a bait until I dipped it in my favorite scent, JJ's Magic...http://www.jjsmagic.com/products.htm, but I've also taken a plastic worm and dipped it in pure gasoline and have had them eat it. It's all about the day.

Haven't been on the water much lately, but here's one that I found a few weeks ago. With the weather warming up quick, I will start to post up reports/pics a lot more frequently. Also, the second pic is a spot I just found yesterday that is about 10 minutes from my school and about a mile trek through the woods. Thank you Google Earth for the new spot : )))

tribblemillbass.jpg

P2200168.jpg