Madden 11

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
madden_11_packshot.jpg

I just got this game today and here is my review. Let me start by saying that I have been a loyal Madden fan for years now. I thought last years was the best football game I've played. I've always disregarded 2k fans and bought every Madden game. Well this will be the last one I purchase. I'll start with the positives. The graphics look great. That's it. I literally have nothing more good to say about it. The con's. First the tackling breaks. Even third string running backs can break at least 3 to 5 tackles per run. This is the single worse feature of the game and Ill include a video below that illustrates the point. The game is completely unfair as far as defence goes. The defence is non existent. Other than that nothing has changed from last years. Well except for all the bugs glitches and freezing issues. I'd also like to add that the new system for calling audible's is retarded. You have to use the dpad now and it just fails. Also whoever decided that "game flow"feature was a good idea is an idiot. I know like these may seem like minor issues but trust me the defence alone makes this unplayable. I'm returning this tomorrow and am sticking with madden 10 from now on. I now hope 2k comes back because this is bullshit. It's pathetic that a ps2 game from 05 still beats a brand new PS3 Madden game.

[Posted on CMS by Mayberry http://www.totse.info/cms/madden_11]

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I've never been keen on the Madden games, and this just iced the cake for me. Thanks for the review.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I've never been keen on the Madden games, and this just iced the cake for me. Thanks for the review.

I plan on expanding this review in a bit. I loved the other ones but if your gonna get a Madden stay the fuck away from this steaming pile of shit.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Added the review prefix :)
    edited September 2010
    Thanks:thumbsup: Im still pissed that I wasted 60 bucks on this shit.:facepalm:
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks:thumbsup: Im still pissed that I wasted 60 bucks on this shit.:facepalm:

Did you take it back for a full refund?
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Did you take it back for a full refund?

They wont refund it because it's a new game and I opened it.:facepalm:
  • edited September 2010
    WTF. Ebay it dude.

Also, my friend bought this game and told me exactly the same story - it was a giant hunk of shit.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited September 2010
    Why would you get a sports game anyways. These stupid football, golf, and baseball ones are just last years with a different name.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^This. Buy one of those Japanese erogames instead :fap:
    edited September 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    Why would you get a sports game anyways. These stupid football, golf, and baseball ones are just last years with a different name.

I see what your saying but 10 was a huge improvement over 09 so I was hoping 11 would be awesome as well.:facepalm: I'm just gonna ebay it and try to get most of the money back.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited September 2010
    The new madden sucks just like the last 20

WHO COULD HAVE FUCKING GUESSED?!?!?!

but seriously, since the giant tsunami of casual gamers they haven't even been trying.
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited September 2010
    Hellish wrote: »

die.
  • RetrogradeRetrograde New Arrival
    edited September 2010
    Why did you even think it would be good? The fact that they advertised it for noobs should have been enough of a warning.
    edited September 2010
    Retrograde wrote: »
    Why did you even think it would be good? The fact that they advertised it for noobs should have been enough of a warning.

Because like I said Ive loved all the Madden games before it. I should've bought backbreaker instead.
  • OndOnd Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2010
    Thanks. I would have bought this game had it not been for your review / video.
    Looks retarded.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    All these games care about are making the graphics better and making gameplay situations more real (ex. fighting for the fumble) each year.. and it's not real when someone is break 2 and 3 tackles everytime. :facepalm:

I was highly disappointed on Madden 10 when I transferred my RTG player from NCAA 10 and tried to play the super star mode or whatever. I had basically no control over my guy.

Only reason to get the games anymore is to have the updated rosters.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    lol I still play Madden 2006 sometimes. They ain't topping that one any time soon.