The responsible cannabis user

stresstres Regular
edited October 2010 in Man Cave
How many of you can honestly say you fit this criteria. I'm interested as to what role (if any) cannabis will play in my adult lifetime and how that's going to influence the person I end up being. I think a lot of these are good examples of behaviour:

Source
Feb 29, 1995
Cannabis consumption is for adults only. Many things and activities are suitable for young people, but others absolutely are not. Children do not drive cars, enter into contracts or marry, and they must not use drugs.

The responsible cannabis user does not operate a motor vehicle or other dangerous machinery impaired by cannabis. Although cannabis is said by most experts to be safer than alcohol and many prescription drugs with motorists, public safety demands that impaired drivers be taken off the road and that objective measures of impairment be developed and used, rather than chemical testing.

The responsible cannabis user will carefully consider his/her setting and regulate use accordingly. The responsible cannabis consumer will be vigilant as to conditions -- time, place, mood, etc. -- and does not hesitate to say "no" when those conditions are not conducive to a safe, pleasant and/or productive experience.

Use of cannabis, to the extent that it impairs health, personal development or achievement, is abuse and should be resisted by responsible cannabis users. Abuse means harm. Some cannabis use is harmful; most is not. That which is harmful should be discouraged; that which is not need not be.

The responsible cannabis user does not violate the rights of others, observes accepted standards of courtesy and public propriety, and respects the preferences of those who wish to avoid cannabis entirely. Regardless of the legal status of cannabis, responsible users will adhere to emerging tobacco smoking protocols in public and private places.

Comments

• imawolfrawrimawolfrawr Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Guess I'm not considered responsible. I don't take time, place, or mood into effect and just get as high as possible when ever I start to sober up. In general I spend more of my day high than sober.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    Me too. However I think the scale of responsibility is a really important factor, i have 7 days to read 4 chapters of text; thats my 7 days. I don't have a 9-5, mortgage anything other then a phone bill and some car expenses; I think that your ability to respond to responsibility with cannabis is impacted by the number of responsibilities you are accountable for. so many responsibilities :facepalm:
  • edited October 2010
    I only have a couple of puffs a day, at home. So I easily fit the "Responsible" profile, I do blaze at concerts though.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2010
    i abuse it. i dont give a fuck. thats because im a g