Why don't we have this?

edited October 2010 in Help and Suggestions
2igotok.jpg

To show us who is viewing any given section. I have no clue whether this has been suggested already or not, but I was slightly inconvenienced when I discovered that I couldn't see who was looking at what.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    Do you prefer looking at that page over seeing whos' online at the bottom of any given section?
    edited October 2010
    I look at neither :o
  • edited October 2010
    Fair enough. I'm trying to be more active here and a big part of that is going to be suggesting trivial shit that could possibly be improved. I see tons of potential here but there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed before anyone new will take it seriously, so count on me to nag and nag until it gets done or until everyone says no.

I really liked how Dfg advertised on Reddit. Once the site is stable, it's THAT kind of stuff that will help us big time. I read through that reddit thread and there were tons of people who said "I used to post on totse, maybe I will give this a chance." The only problem is he did it to early and people probably got bored. So we know there is still a totse fan base out there, unaware of it's revival, all we gotta do is round them up, while at the same time trying to establish ourselves again as a MAJOR force to be reckoned with on the net, probably by doing more raids, trying to get more involved, maybe do a drawball logo, advertise, hack some stuff, I don't know. All that isn't even really a possibility until the site is extremely stable.

Maybe Hellish should look into co-owning it with some people so we can figure this shit out, financially AND structurally. Just having one admin isn't cutting it. I know Clover and Blunderful have been wanting to make a site since forever, and I know a few others who might be interested...
  • edited October 2010
    Good to know you're on board. I will continue nit picking the features and trying to find things that are broken. I think more co-owners would be good because we could afford more security... as is, the site goes down often and I always seem to time out when trying to load a thread. I have great interwebz so it ain't me. It'd also be nice to find one or two more programmers to help out Clover. I'm glad to hear Dfg is an admin now. We used to have problems in the past but he's a hard worker and he had the guts to stand up to zok so I respect him for that. Plus I was trolling zoklet so hard at the time that it was pretty much unavoidable.
    edited October 2010
    The first thing we need now is a new host. Once stable, we can probably put in even the most trivial suggestions :D
  • edited October 2010
    Do you know what the story with a new host is? Does Hellish post much about it?
  • edited October 2010
    Good to know. Do you know if we have the FULL archive of totse text files...?

We should also look at the old screenshots of the &T bbs and try to copy it to perfection.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Good to know you're on board. I will continue nit picking the features and trying to find things that are broken. I think more co-owners would be good because we could afford more security... as is, the site goes down often and I always seem to time out when trying to load a thread. I have great interwebz so it ain't me. It'd also be nice to find one or two more programmers to help out Clover. I'm glad to hear Dfg is an admin now. We used to have problems in the past but he's a hard worker and he had the guts to stand up to zok so I respect him for that. Plus I was trolling zoklet so hard at the time that it was pretty much unavoidable.

Good keep on nit picking bro. Any new suggestions to improve the site are good in my book.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I wanted that who's online feature too but totally forgot to ask for it. We're getting some traffic, but we need this place to be fucking flawless so people will stay here. The more exposure we have and the more users we get will make this place grow a lot faster. We're supposed to get a new host soon, but I dunno when. The idea as far as I know is to 1) get new hosting 2) fix shit. In that order.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    A) The new host is webhost.
    B) That feature is disabled temporarily along with forum jump and other minor features. It seems they're a bit database intensive and this host isn't that stable to handle the extra work. So, to speed up this place and keep it running, I had to disable some features. They will be back once we get a stable host that can handle the extra work.

Again, I like thatr feature too but it's those features or that idiotic suspended page :).
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    B) That feature is disabled temporarily along with forum jump and other minor features. It seems they're a bit database intensive and this host isn't that stable to handle the extra work. So, to speed up this place and keep it running, I had to disable some features. They will be back once we get a stable host that can handle the extra work.

Again, I like thatr feature too but it's those features or that idiotic suspended page :).

If it's going to cause that suspended page then screw the feature. That page makes me :mad: then :(. Then when its gone I'm :D.
  • edited October 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    B) That feature is disabled temporarily along with forum jump and other minor features. It seems they're a bit database intensive and this host isn't that stable to handle the extra work...

Wait, so our NEW host is webhost but they can't handle the load? What's stopping us from getting a better host that is more stable? Is it a financial problem or is it just in the works? The sooner the better, we need to start advertising ASAP.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    I think we have altushost right now and we're going to move to webhost.
  • edited October 2010
    Well if that is indeed the case, then we better make sure webhost can handle the load.
  • edited October 2010
    Which IRC link works because most of them haven't for me.