If ye were firearm...

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »

And I primarily shoot irons, I really don't see the point of scoping everything. People that are scoping rifles to use within 100 meters just seem silly to me.

I agree, my buddy used a Remington 10/.22, with a scope, and was pretty deadly with it, but where's the fun? When I was into archery I used a 65 lb recurve and sighted off the head. Sure if you use iron sights (I call them notch), you might miss more, but the satisfaction, not to mention the ability to re-sight quicker, makes it more satisfying, and gives the critters a fighting chance(not!) Shooting gophers is pretty much the only thing I miss about Ab.
    C/O
    Illinois, that is a leeetle bit out of my way, on this tour, unless you know someone that needs a good camp cook!
  • edited October 2010
    mayberry wrote: »
    it's a catling gun :o

lol!
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    I agree, my buddy used a Remington 10/.22, with a scope, and was pretty deadly with it, but where's the fun? When I was into archery I used a 65 lb recurve and sighted off the head. Sure if you use iron sights (I call them notch), you might miss more, but the satisfaction, not to mention the ability to re-sight quicker, makes it more satisfying, and gives the critters a fighting chance(not!) Shooting gophers is pretty much the only thing I miss about Ab.
    C/O
    Illinois, that is a leeetle bit out of my way, on this tour, unless you know someone that needs a good camp cook!

I grew up shooting Irons. And I think that it is silly that almost EVERYONE these days thinks they need a scope on a rifle. Have you looked at new manufactured bolt actions? You almost have to go with custom manufacturers these days. Most bolt rifles come without irons. Which aggravates me. It's even worse that I shoot left handed. Find a left handed bolt rifle, in even .308, that comes with irons. Or even has the space for them without having the receiver drilled. It's nuts.

Are people really that lazy they will not line up two posts to fire a shot?

The only reason I have ever used glass, is because my life depended on getting on target as fast as possible and as accurately as possible. I was the SDM, and was the intermediate between the rifleman and the marksman. We rarely had a marksman attached to our squad, so I was the guy that had to reach out to 600-1000 meters. That was my last tour, thus the ACOG. Throw in the NV, and shooting those distances with a 5.56 is a pain in the asshole.

But what I see on thehighroad.org, and afcom is that almost every single person is using a damn scope for 50-100 yards. It seems dumb to me. I can shoot 1'', 5 shot groups at 100 yards with a good rifle. But that's off a bench. These people claim self defense, have a 6X scope, and only shoot off a bench and think they understand what combat riflemanship is like, is stupid. I hold my tongue at those places though, because I can whine at you guys. :)
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    You'd be outdated and overrated by the mindless masses?

Oh right, you're a liberal. Carry on.
  • edited October 2010
    M1911A1.JPG

I like the look of this gun, not too flashy, all business, what is it?
  • 5.56 SS1095.56 SS109 Regular
    edited October 2010
    I like the look of this gun, not too flashy, all business, what is it?

It's a 1911.

It's pretty much the prototype to the superior P35.

The P35 is what you get if you take a 1911 and remove all the fail.

bhplogo.gif
  • edited October 2010
    Almost all the fail. Remove manual safety and make it DA/SA and it's cured of all faggotry. Manual safeties are outdated on handguns.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    Almost all the fail. Remove manual safety and make it DA/SA and it's cured of all faggotry. Manual safeties are outdated on handguns.

amidoinitrite?

CZ_75_BD_POLICE.png
  • edited October 2010
    5.56 SS109 wrote: »
    amidoinitrite?

CZ_75_BD_POLICE.png

Except for the big fucking fat grip on the CZ

image006.jpg
    edited October 2010
    I have a fullsize USP9, fat grips aren't a problem for me :D
  • edited October 2010
    5.56 SS109 wrote: »
    I have a fullsize USP9, fat grips aren't a problem for me :D

Try holding it with your hand instead of your asshole. It gets real unpleasant real fast.