Totse RPG: It's back

1357913579 Death Cog Machine
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Started thinking about it and got rather pissed off that after all I did on it, even searching for a hard drive circuit board to swap with another hard drive that had the only copy of the game on it (But a dead PCB), I lost the DVD with everything on it.

So I just got done tearing my room apart, and guess what I found?

38050306ze1.png

25549525mi6.png

88671456dr8.png

adfasdfzb5.png

asdfy.png

totserpgpre.png

asdftr2.png

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4038/sdffn5.png

Fuck yeah. I'm going to go to a friends house later to torrent RPG maker XP so I can start working on this shit again.

Comments

• Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    cool! very creative
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit, I would play the fuck out of this. Please keep us updated on your progress.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Holy fucking wow. This time BACKUP!
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope it goes through this time. Can I be a boss or some taco selling npc or some shit? :D
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get it running and I'll buy it at quite a high price.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow pretty cool man, I wasent expecting that when I got in here.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow I really wanna try that out now
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Somebody should hack 13579's computer and leak the game early.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wouldn't mind taking a perve at that game.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Holy fucking wow. This time BACKUP!

Ohyeah. Almost lost it so many times, I thought that was it when I had to find the same harddrive just for the PCB awhile back.
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Get it running and I'll buy it at quite a high price.

<3 RE4 merchant man.
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Somebody should hack 13579's computer and leak the game early.

Haha. Good luck...I might not have any antivirus software of any kind, but good luck hacking a dialup user :p

Also, very little story is done. Mainly artwork, tilesets, characters...things along those lines. I've got a few ideas for the main story, or main quest, but at the very least it'll be a shitton of various side quests involving past members/old current members.

I'll post more later, gotta go finish welding some stuff.
  • Name's TakenName's Taken Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    This game looks almost as good as duke nukem forever.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    hurry up and finish!:mad:
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit I want to play this game so bad. Put me in the game and (you can quote me on this) I Will Suck Your Dick.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    I remember reading about this, it inspired me to make my Totse FPS, &TOTSE: The Fall Of Jeff Hunter...

After i updated to windows 7 the program stopped working and i gave up.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck me I remember this!
    Look forward to seeing more of it done!
    edited July 2010
    Just spent a few hours sorting through the folder...shit, I had copies of copies of copies in mislabled folders...

Everything's sorted now, also found my old archive of posts that I screenshot'd because they made me LOL, along with a bunch of totse/zoklet artwork. I'll post some of it in another thread soon.

RPGmakerXP just finished downloading, the crack works and everything. I'ma try to fix up what I have to make a demo for you all soon.

kfc v lot wrote: »
    Fuck me I remember this!
    Look forward to seeing more of it done!

Haha, damn right. You're one of the characters in it :D
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    RPGmakerXP just finished downloading, the crack works and everything. I'ma try to fix up what I have to make a demo for you all soon.

Sweet.
    edited July 2010
    Oh lol, I forgot I had started to create a zoklet map in it too:

58035809.jpg
  • JokerJoker Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    There should be a totse vs zoklet battle on that shit.
    edited July 2010
    Alright, need a little help.

So. Totse island. What would it look like/the shape of it be?

I'm not very creative at the moment, and right now it's a large rectangle with some stuff in the top left, and a few boats.

I just need a rough shape, maybe a MS paint diagram. Just ideas.
    edited July 2010
    Got a Fable-style work method running now. The ball moves across the black on the meter, and you press a button when it's in the green.

fabletotse.jpg
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Could you upload a copy of some of the files or a demo 13579? Like the pattern of your name, your works are prime. Also, RPG Maker VX is out. up to 60 fps.
  • Fuck the FBIFuck the FBI Regular
    edited July 2010
    I wanna be a random cameo that you kill. :cool:
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
  • Fuck the FBIFuck the FBI Regular
    edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    Zoklandia.

Shhhh no it isn't.
  • edited July 2010
    Zoklandia.

It still might be of some assistance in the making of the other land.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    Oh shit! SWEET! Makes me wish I didn't have linux.
    edited July 2010
    I still have your character, Helladamnleet.

Analprobe: Haha, I like it. How do you make those? Is there some kind of random generator you put the names of places, ranging in importance?l

I'm working on a /very/ user-friendly demo at the moment, just got done fixing a few things with the fable work system.
  • edited July 2010
    I still have your character, Helladamnleet.

Analprobe: Haha, I like it. How do you make those? Is there some kind of random generator you put the names of places, ranging in importance?l

I'm working on a /very/ user-friendly demo at the moment, just got done fixing a few things with the fable work system.

I did not make it. I jacked it from Zoklet if I recall correctly. But it was relative to your request so I figured you would get use out of it. Also, don't forget to make sure Registration is closed in this &T
  • edited July 2010
    <3 RE4 merchant man.

I got somethin' that might interest ya'

edited July 2010
    Cool shit. Close to feeling ready enough to upload a short demo.

And: I've almost got a MGS-style guard detection system working. The guards have either "Tunnel Vision" or a "Cone of vision", blocked by solid objects. If they see you, they go into alert mode, run to where they last saw you. If they see you again, you're caught.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Cool shit. Close to feeling ready enough to upload a short demo.

And: I've almost got a MGS-style guard detection system working. The guards have either "Tunnel Vision" or a "Cone of vision", blocked by solid objects. If they see you, they go into alert mode, run to where they last saw you. If they see you again, you're caught.

Holy shit can't wait to play!
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    I got somethin' that might interest ya'

I always thought "what the fuck if he was naked under there?" (No homo)
    edited July 2010
    mgst.jpg

MGS-style detection works :D
  • edited July 2010
    mgst.jpg

MGS-style detection works :D

MANNNNN I WANNA PLAY a DEMO
    edited July 2010
    Erg. It's a bit buggy at times, but chances are nobody will notice (The MGS detection). I just need to change a few options with it and slow down player speed...
    edited July 2010
    I'm about to take my pants off with excitement.
    edited July 2010
  • Name's TakenName's Taken Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Joker wrote: »
    There should be a totse vs zoklet battle on that shit.

A possible sequel/expansion involving the citizens of totse being transported and trapped inside zoklet for two years until they can escape, while the corrupt mods try to destroy us.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    So what kind of plans do you have for the plot of this RPG?
    edited July 2010
    So what kind of plans do you have for the plot of this RPG?

Not entirely sure yet. Many, many sidequests. I hate it enough when RPGs have a main story and it's short, it's worse when there's /only/ the main story.

I might upload the demo in a few hours, also adding a few easter eggs. Dance party, anyone?

Protip: If it looks cool, walk up to it and press spacebar or enter. It probably does _something_.

Playing with the idea of reading computer monitors displaying Totse textfiles to gain experience/skills, like Fallout 3's books.

EDIT: Also considering ditching the turn-based battle system, and replacing it with a real-time system. Shoot guns, etc.

Or both. Turn-based for normal enemies, realtime for bosses? Hmm....
  • edited July 2010
    So sweet. What did you use to make this?
  • edited July 2010
    Good job, this looks really cool. Can't wait to try it out.
    edited July 2010
    So sweet. What did you use to make this?

RPG maker XP. I had read there was a newer version out, VX, but apparently it's pretty shitty compared to XP and marketed towards noobs and basic users, has a much more "Friendly" user interface, etc.
  • edited July 2010
    RPG maker XP. I had read there was a newer version out, VX, but apparently it's pretty shitty compared to XP and marketed towards noobs and basic users, has a much more "Friendly" user interface, etc.

Nice, I've messed with the newer version. I use Game Maker for small things when I'm bored, but that doesn't fit the RPG genre.
  • edited July 2010
    Nice, I've messed with the newer version. I use Game Maker for small things when I'm bored, but that doesn't fit the RPG genre.

The only selling point I believe is the 60 fps frame rate.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ahhh shit can't wait to play post the demo soon!
    edited July 2010
    Cool shit happening. Found a script for a "blacksmith system". Basically, I can make it so if you go to a shop/workbench/wherever, and have the correct items, you can "build" or "make" a weapon or armor at that place with the items. Also features the reverse, you can disassemble armor/weapons into their components.

I was thinking I could make graphics for gun parts and broken pieces of armor, so you could assemble your own weapons with different parts. Yay/Nay?

Also building the external image of the Temple on the island.

I'm basing the design of the temple off of what Jeff once had for the Totse BBS screen:

sadfsadfw.jpg

And so far I've only mapped part of the ground level, and a lot of the underground.

Also trying to add in vehicles. There's an underground "Hangar" room next to Spatula Tzar's lab, so I might as well have some cool shit to play with in a hangar, most likely mechs and whatnot if I can get the damn vehicle script to work properly.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    You should totally keep updating this with new versions once you release it

or even better, update it with new content through patches or some shit