Exam aids

stresstres Regular
edited November 2010 in Man Cave
I've got my first set of finals starting tomorrow and if my midsem's were anything to judge by; I'm one who succumbs to nerves and pressure. I've got access to a 5mg script of valium and if need be I can call in for ritalin too.

Would 5 - 15mg of valium prior to an exam calm anxiety without impairing recollection or attention?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't do it. It will decrease your concentration and inhibit critical thinking.

If you really want to take something, try to get some Adderall or such. The Ritalin might work, but I'd still suggest doing the exam straight.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the reply bez; I've used ritalin a few times during high school as a study-aid although the pressure was still present the absence of an exam setting I would presume made it's use a little smoother. Dosing on phets and sitting in a theatre full of bad energy might not be the best idea me thinks.

fuck it, It's not worth risking as I'm borderline on a few subjects at the moment. :thumbsdown:
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited November 2010
    Just take the ritalin when you study.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd just be careful experimenting. I've only done high school but I learnt quickly that study/exam "aids" are often best left in a risk-less situation.
  • wonT0nsOOpwonT0nsOOp Acolyte
    edited November 2010
    Adderall works way better than ritalin, being an amphetamine and of that drug class. I'm currently in my fourth year of college, and I can tell you from experience that study drugs DO work. It all depends on how you use them. For example, if the information you have to study is important and should be stored away for a future date, I'd use Adderall or Ritalin to study and take the exam sober. Or if all you want is a good score, and you could care less about memorizing the info, take an Adderall the morning of the test and cram for at least two hours. It'll be fresh in your mind when the test begins, and you'll be the first one done. Trust me.