Trolling

mashlehashmashlehash Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
What is your guys opinion on trolling? Do you think it's an actual requirement for any remotely good forum site? Lemme explain.

Without trolls, things would be way to fucking serious. People would be all uptight and threads would often times be presented too formally. On the other hand, too many trolls and the site becomes uninteresting and not even worth the effort to dig through all the troll posts to find the good threads.

So what do you guys think? I think trolling is essential for any forum site. It's the equilibrium of forums I think. However, overdo it and you get a place like Zoklet.

Discuss.

Comments

• Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    i like turtles
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Can I get some serious replies please...
  • TurkishDelightTurkishDelight Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    those who troll the srs forums with BLATANT troll threads should be dealt with without mercy, compassion, or forgiveness.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    i appreciate a good troll

the key to good/entertaining trolling is knowing whats funny, not pissing people off/being and idiot, and knowing when to quit

shitty trolls post unfunny shit, annoy people, act like retards and blatant trolls, and keep trying for far too long
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll try to keep the trolling to a minimum, in the interest of preserving Totse's sanctity. Does anyone feel like this isn't quite the same? Who's in contact with some of the regulars, I bet some people will come back.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »
    i appreciate a good troll

the key to good/entertaining trolling is knowing whats funny, not pissing people off/being and idiot, and knowing when to quit

shitty trolls post unfunny shit, annoy people, act like retards and blatant trolls, and keep trying for far too long

Pacino.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Whats a troll?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I think we should keep a fine balance between it. Sooner or later everyone trolls just for the fuck of it. We should encourage quality trolling, trolling that makes your legs shake and question your religion not that what we see on most site.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    wum6go.jpg

I have to agree, it does make you lol.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol wut iz a tr0ll? g00d thang i read kwality non-tr0ll p0sts frum g00d us3rs leik brandon.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    lol wut iz a tr0ll? g00d thang i read kwality non-tr0ll p0sts frum g00d us3rs leik brandon.

Brandon produces quality work and is definitely not a troll. :cool:
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    nothing wrong with trolls in my opinion.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think trolls are an important part in the survival of a forum. Without them the forum will quickly become serious business and become stale.