man i am so fucked

EchidnaEchidna Regular
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I wrote a thread about this before, but it got deleted when shit that shit happened. Here's the gist of it. I have a shit load of tickets and I think I'm going to jail or like 10,000 in fines.

Town A, I got caught in:
Suspended Registration (up to $1000 in fines, 6 months license suspended)
No Insurance (same as above plus another $1000)
Failure to Obey Traffic Light (2 or 4 points, probably like $500)

Town B:
Suspended Registration (up to $1000 in fines, 6 months license suspended)
No Insurance (same as above plus another $1000)
No Inspection Sticker (always gets dropped, otherwise like $250)
Failure to Provide Insurance (Same as No Insurance ticket)

Town C:
Suspended License (loss of license for like 6 months, over $1000 in fines, 5 day jail time)
No Insurance (see other shit)
Fake Inspection Sticker (No fucking clue, it's not even a real charge)

So you can see, plus court costs of $33 per charge, I'm facing thousands of dollars in charges. What I tried to do is remedy the situation by becoming current and getting shit fixed. I just don't have the money for it yet.

$200 license restoration (only to have it taken away? fuck that)
$200 registration restoration
$47 registration renewal
$95/month insurance
$15 driver abstract.

This is fucking ridiculous. My shitwagon cost like $900, why would I pay all that. They're treating me like I'm some bad ass criminal. I didn't hurt anyone, I didn't commit a crime against people. Yeah I could've got in an accident and been fucked, but it didn't happen.

So I'd have to pay 11 grand just to drive again, in like two years. If I get a lawyer, than you can just add on to all of that. I'm going to go to my friend, his sister is the assistant DA for the county I live in, and maybe she can find a good public defender or cheap lawyer.

Besides paying for all the shit, like restoration fees, I really don't understand how I can get out of any of these charges. I know I made mistakes and broke the law, but I'm not going to pay this gravely for them. And if any of the fucking judges try to sentence me to jail time, I am going to leave this country. Mexicans drive without licenses all the time, and without insurance.

The courts are just being unrealistic. $11,000+ so I can drive a <$1000 vehicle? hell no.

Comments