How to Get Started with Cigars

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited July 2011 in Life

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    Excellent guide. My dad just asked me yesterday if I wanted to smoke some cigars, and this will be a great start :hai:
  • edited December 2010
    Absolutely fantastic guide! One which I've been waiting for :D
    Really interested in this now, I look forward to getting my first cigar :P
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome. I think once you understand the basics you can truly enjoy cigars, or anything for that matter. If you understand all this, then all you need to do is try lots and see what you like best. Knowledge is enjoyment!
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Real tobacco connoisseurs smoke these:o:o:o
    blackmild.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Real tobacco connoisseurs smoke these:o:o:o
    blackmild.jpg

Don't post this trash in my thread plz :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok fine. I can see you can't appreciate quality:o
    edited December 2010
    Fucker I spent an hour and a half writing this. For real don't troll here.
  • edited December 2010
    What's your favorite cigar then?
    edited December 2010
    Cohiba but you can't get good Cuban ones in the US very easily. I've been wanting to try out Ruination Man o' War. They run about $8 each online. Most of the time I smoke cigars that cost under $5 each. 5 Vegas, Padilla, Macanudo, Punch, Nub, and Rocky Patel are all decent and can be had for $2-4 each. http://www.cigarsinternational.com/catDisp.asp?cat=17.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_jc.asp?globalt=1
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_oneday.asp

Sometimes you can get deals on a box of 10 or 20 for cheap. I recommend trying a sampler pack, though. They have some for pretty cheap, or you can do the 10 pack of randoms they offer. With cigars if you're paying $8+ you're buying premium ones. Good cigars can be had for $4 each or even cheaper if there's a great discount. I'm debating whether or not to buy that box of 20 Padilla cigars for $50 and free shipping. I've never tried that particular one, but I like the torpedo shape the best and it's a decent brand.

I want to get one of these: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=M-XK04-B&cat=13. A xikar for $30 is a great deal.

Review for the Padilla Habano Torpedo http://www.puff.com/Cigar-Reviews/Cigar/Padilla/Padilla-Habano-Torpedo-Cigar-Reviews-P1.html
  • edited December 2010
    I got a decent cigar as a gift a while ago, and I ended up just pulling it apart and smoking it out of my bong with some weed. For a person whose body is naive to tobacco, hits of cigar-tobacco got me pretty high for a few minutes. There was a strong rush, body sensations, very mild visuals, etc.
    edited December 2010
    You wasted the cigar. The wrapper leaf is where a lot of the flavor comes from, and the cigar changes its flavor as you smoke it. Total waste.
  • edited December 2010
    I got a decent cigar as a gift a while ago, and I ended up just pulling it apart and smoking it out of my bong with some weed. For a person whose body is naive to tobacco, hits of cigar-tobacco got me pretty high for a few minutes. There was a strong rush, body sensations, very mild visuals, etc.

:facepalm:

This sounds pretty dumb dude. You got visual's from tobacco? Hahaha.
  • edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    :facepalm:

This sounds pretty dumb dude. You got visual's from tobacco? Hahaha.

Probably more the blood rushing to my head than anything else. Sort of like how sometimes if you stand up quickly, your vision gets fucked up for a second.

I'm telling you, grind up a little bit of cigar, take a big hit of it, hold it and see if it doesn't do something for you.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    You wasted the cigar. The wrapper leaf is where a lot of the flavor comes from, and the cigar changes its flavor as you smoke it. Total waste.

I don't appreciate that sort of thing, anyway.
  • edited December 2010
    Sounds hilarious, but I think I'd rather stick to smoking cigars the correct way.

I'm looking at the 5 Vegas Classics right now, certainly looks nice.
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Sounds hilarious, but I think I'd rather stick to smoking cigars the correct way.

I'm looking at the 5 Vegas Classics right now, certainly looks nice.

5 Vegas is a good place to start cause they're cheap and not bad. I like the gold ones.
  • TCO420TCO420 Regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice guide, makes me want to actually smoke a cigar. If i ever do il defiantly hit this guide up.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited December 2010
    Great guide man. I'm having a full on poker night with some guys soon. Suits, cigars, whiskey, they works. This is gonna come in handy.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    scotch and cigars :thumbsup: thx fanglekai
    edited December 2010
    Great guide man. I'm having a full on poker night with some guys soon. Suits, cigars, whiskey, they works. This is gonna come in handy.

If you guys are gonna have bourbon get something good like Elijah Craig 12 year, Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare or Knob Creek. If you want a good, cheap rye whiskey, get Old Overholt. Around here it's $10 for 750ml. Good whiskey is win for cigars. Overholt is gonna be for mixing or shooting, though.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2011
    "asdf" :o
    I just bought a pack of cheap Hamlet cigars because that's all I can get where I live. I was wanting to buy some finer cigars on my next trip to a big city. I thought totse would have a great guide; I come here and this is what I get. Fuck. :angry:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Why would you necro this POS? You did not add anything of value to the thread. Necro bumping is frowned upon unless you add some useful content to the thread.
  • edited July 2011
    Sorry FingerBlaster :( Fanglekai decided to go apeshit one day and delete the whole guide :( However, check the CMS as I think it might be on there :)
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Why would you necro this POS? You did not add anything of value to the thread. Necro bumping is frowned upon unless you add some useful content to the thread.

Check out this guy trying to lecture other people about necro-bumping with his never ending 2-faced hypocrisy.....

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/13764-I-like-what-s-been-done-with-this-place!?p=202477#post202477
    It is July 12th, why are you still here?

2-faced instigator is still 2-faced instigator :thumbsdown:
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've tried a couple of cigars. So far my favorite one was a honey corona. It tastes really sweet. :thumbsup:

The only thing I don't like about cigars is how long they take to smoke.
  • edited July 2011
    If you're in the UK and want to buy some cigars, I totally recommend checking out http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/ - if you're in London and you make an order, they can sometimes get the goods to you within 30 MINUTES! Now that's what I call awesome service.

Also, is there any chance we could get Fangly to put this stuff back up? It's awesome.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    My favorite wrappers are in the maduro family. 262, Oliva, and CAO make excellent maduros of various sizes. The O and G serie from Oliva are my go-to cigars when I'm not in the mood to try something new. CAO's MX2's are damn tasty, too. These are NOT the smoothest cigars on the market. However, the spice and flavor in them is second to none.
  • edited July 2011
    Sorry about the missing OP, the thread has significant content from several other members, so I left it in place.