Host wikileaks documents

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited December 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Originally saw this idea proposed and shot down on Zoklet. Shoot me. :o

I propose we host the important wikileaks documents. Maybe it'll help bring in some traffic.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2010
    It's been mirrored enough times, we wouldn't make any difference.

Totse doesn't own its servers anyway, the host may not be like it.
    How big are the files?
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    It's been mirrored enough times, we wouldn't make any difference.

Totse doesn't own its servers anyway, the host may not be like it.
    How big are the files?

Note the underlining of the word important. I suggest only putting up a select few, the total size of the files doesn't matter that way and nobody wants to dig through every single document.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd say we should do it.

Who cares how many times the information has been mirrored? We could still be a mirror.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    Hosting a mirror site wouldn't be hard, the bandwidth would be the biggest issue right next to the hardware behind the sites server. Right now Wikileaks is getting about 3,000 requests per second. I don't think this single server could handle more than a hundred or three per second at its finest.

If the server was Quad Core, 8GB RAM, and the hard drives RAID'ed I'd say go for it, but the bandwidth has to be unlimited at a connection speed from site to host to outside world at least 100/100Mbps.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    The server is located in Canada, and while there are a few hot-headed politicians, the general sentiment towards Wikileaks is fairly calm.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    The server is located in Canada, and while there are a few hot-headed politicians, the general sentiment towards Wikileaks is fairly calm.

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    guy in video

Yeh that's exactly who I was talking about.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2010
    Even some of the mirrors are getting dos'd hard. :(
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited December 2010
    I actually came here tonight to suggest the same thing. It would be nice to mention them in some way on here, a 'Hey we're on the same side' or a picture of their logo linking to them...It'd be nice to host some of their more important documents as well.

Most mirrors and websites hosting are just that, nothing more. We have a message board designed for discussion of nearly every topic imaginable, and many specialized members. I believe that if we could get some people on here at least writing about wikileaks and tweeting it, we could divert a bit of traffic to here, and word will spread.

Think of the amount of people on google realtime clicking every new article that pops up about this...I know I'm one of them, anyways, and I'd love to find a place like this supporting them. Also would be a great way to show that totse's still around and kicking it, and if we do enough, get a few mentions by somebody. That's all it takes sometimes.

Note that as far as I know, this is solely my opinion. I'd like to hear comments on this.
    edited December 2010
    I agree completely. Let's host some of the docs and spread word.
  • edited December 2010
    Alright, so the community has spoken. Now how are we going to get this operation underway?

DFG - Ideas?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    lol.

Okay, here is thing people.

If you hear anything about wikileaks and you own a server or are trying to run a website, hosting anything close that will result in,
    A) Suspension of your account.
    B) Blocking of your domain.
    C) USA fucks us royally.

Now, think it through. Is it worth putting Totse.info, Vineman and everyone attached to totse.info at risk by hosting few files. No one posts on wikileaks. Everyone just discusses it. If they had a community they would be careful about it. They don't.

I honestly wouldn't recommend hosting files on Totse. I am sure Vineman and abrn would be against it because they could potentially got caught in IRL.

Do, what I would. [Well, I was planning to do it but IRL problems FML]

I mentioned this way back if I recall correctly. Take wikileaks documents and go through them. Pick one bit which you like a discuss it. Draw attention using that. Because the users we're attracting will come here to find new scopes not the old information pasted all over the Internet.

So, in short. WE DO NOT NEED TO HOST THEM JUST DISCUSS THEM LIKE YOU DISCUSS EVERYTHING ELSE.

There is a reason I can't talk about wikileaks on twitter.

Oh btw I haven't been through the documents atm. Pakistan is sucking wikileaks cocks and everyone is mad. So, unless you guys want to go out quickly I would advise against doing this.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Oh btw we can Ad banners and logos and links to wikileaks if you like and feature Wikileaks discussion on CMS without actually hosting things that we can pwned for. I know you're all trying to draw some attention but there is a time and place for it.
  • edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Oh btw we can Ad banners and logos and links to wikileaks if you like and feature Wikileaks discussion on CMS without actually hosting things that we can pwned for. I know you're all trying to draw some attention but there is a time and place for it.

It's not all about drawing attention, it would just be cool to share the information which we all deserve to know.

I understand what you're saying though. I also like the banners ideas :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    It's not all about drawing attention, it would just be cool to share the information which we all deserve to know.

I understand what you're saying though. I also like the banners ideas :D

If you want I can easily link your guys to wikileaks insurance files on various trackers. I am just a bit worried. The guy who released the hash is now in jail. The founder is now facing charges and a bill is underway which can potentially take any website out. So, it's best to wait a little and see which side wins.
  • edited December 2010
    If you want I can easily link your guys to wikileaks insurance files on various trackers. I am just a bit worried. The guy who released the hash is now in jail. The founder is now facing charges and a bill is underway which can potentially take any website out. So, it's best to wait a little and see which side wins.

The hash has been released?
    edited December 2010
    Man! We need to oppose this bill & we'll need a lot of assistance from other communities with similar principles as ours.
    It's everything we're against. It could possibly spell our demise. Australia blocked totse.com at one stage until wikileaks leaked out Australia's black list.:(
    I think we may have a new interwebz war on our hands
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    If there's no community for it then we should put in the effort to start one... without hosting anything horribly incriminating.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    We can have a forum or a sub-forum under conspiracy for wikileaks.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2010
    The host would shut this site down the minute they find out.
  • edited December 2010
    The host would shut this site down the minute they find out.

You mean Vineman? :D
    edited December 2010
    That's fail. Well whatever, I guess we can just discuss it here. Maybe make a wikileaks discussion subforum but don't have any docs?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    That's fail. Well whatever, I guess we can just discuss it here. Maybe make a wikileaks discussion subforum but don't have any docs?

You can quote them or parts of them. But avoid making totse wikileaks mirror.
    edited December 2010
    Ah, well totse was always about freedom of information. I think we should do what we can to live up to that.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    TheDarkRodents a dumbass. I think some of you are being too paranoid about this. Were hosted in Canada I think not the US. Totse is about free speech so we shouldn't avoid posting shit because "oh noes teh govermentz".
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Freedom of speech is great but we're not that powerful enough to hold any ground.

I think I should give you an example.

Wikileaks:
    Dfg sex tapes found.

Links to the tapes.
    Quote from the description:
    "Dfg recorded this message...."
    ^Taken from wikileaks.

Discussion:
    So, I think this Dfg sex tape is faked or it's not complete. I mean you can clearly see his penis isn't erect while he is butt fucking that girl.

^THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO.

Discuss them in such a manner that it will mindfuck everyone.
    edited December 2010
    Freedom of speech is great but we're not that powerful enough to hold any ground.

I think I should give you an example.

Wikileaks:
    Dfg sex tapes found.

Links to the tapes.
    Quote from the description:
    "Dfg recorded this message...."
    ^Taken from wikileaks.

Discussion:
    So, I think this Dfg sex tape is faked or it's not complete. I mean you can clearly see his penis isn't erect while he is butt fucking that girl.

^THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO.

Discuss them in such a manner that it will mindfuck everyone.
    Woah! You forgot the link bro.:eek:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Woah! You forgot the link bro.:eek:

Just imagine it :D

:fap:
    edited December 2010
    Just imagine it :D

:fap: