Will totse.info be the end of zoklet?

abusernameabusername Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
You decide

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Only if the members of Zoklet decide so.

EDIT: I think our main advantage is that the name Totse carries more weight, and is more familiar (As unfamiliar as it is) than Zoklet does. People aren't going to go looking for Zoklet to find all the old members and that Totse atmosphere. They're going to look for us.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    There should be an option of "hopefully".

I can't say one way or another, but I hope it does.

Not for any malicious reason, but simply to teach Zok a valuable lesson in trust.
  • edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    Not for any malicious reason, but simply to teach Zok a valuable lesson in trust.

People say awful things about Zok, but I never paid enough attention to catch the full story/situation or to develop an opinion on him myself.

Could you list some of his fuck-ups with examples?
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    People say awful things about Zok, but I never paid enough attention to catch the full story/situation or to develop an opinion on him myself.

Could you list some of his fuck-ups with examples?

Making wires a super mod and listening to her.

Fundamentally Zok is a good guy, but at the end of the day he made a very bad decision in modding wires, she has him wrapped round her thumb and is destroying the Zoklet community. Hence why I hope it is the end of Zoklet to give Zok that lesson in being more cautious who to trust, and to listen to people when they warn you against someone.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Both will co-exist side by side hating each other.

Zoklet will be more poular but whatever.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
    Zok will be the end of zoklet.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    It doesn't really matter to me, I just want a forum to browse.
    edited July 2010
    mafiabro wrote: »
    Zok will be the end of zoklet.

Probably.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I am neutral in this.
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I am neutral in this.

No you're not.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Reply hazy, try again
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    No you're not.

Dammit, that defense worked on Zoklet.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    It dosent matter as long as we get a good user base and more threads rolling in.
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Dammit, that defense worked on Zoklet.

Yeah lol.
  • edited July 2010
    Hopefully. No matter what we need to make sure Spectroll and Greyfuck stay away from this place.
  • edited July 2010
    Making wires a super mod and listening to her.

Fundamentally Zok is a good guy, but at the end of the day he made a very bad decision in modding wires, she has him wrapped round her thumb and is destroying the Zoklet community. Hence why I hope it is the end of Zoklet to give Zok that lesson in being more cautious who to trust, and to listen to people when they warn you against someone.

Bitches be trippin'

Anyway, it looks like this site is growing at a decent rate (Seems to be at about 15 people per day since I started checking). I think that it's inevitable that Totseans at least, will leave Zoklet and come here.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    It will not be the end of Zoklet, Zoklet will become small and stagnated, as was evident from the beginning. The mods will pretend it matters and it will have a small community and end up pretty dead.
    edited July 2010
    I wasn't a totsean and I came here. I just like this site better, its more fun and enjoyable.

AND I have I chance of being a mod of BI.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hopefully. No matter what we need to make sure Spectroll and Greyfuck stay away from this place.

Yeah.

Zoklet will die off, we've been gaining members while they lose members.

Their going downhill.
  • Hitler's DadHitler's Dad Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    The genocide of Zoklet has already begun, the death of 1,000+ threads today.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think it will be the slow withdrawal of zoklet. 90% of that community was from &T, but I'm grateful we all had somewhere to go for the time.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can only hope.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    i think the thing that hangs in the balance is whether or not totse gets knowledgeable people in the forums, especially in places like BB and BI. totse had a few good people like warweed, who like many, went to zoklet first, but who seem to be what people here call "party poopers" or the people who prefer a more serious board.

i dont think totse can survive just as a lol board with SG, HB and maybe IFIOTW.

so i hope you would all contribute something into the serious boards
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I said yes. If there was a 'probably' option then I wouldnt have.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    i think the thing that hangs in the balance is whether or not totse gets knowledgeable people in the forums, especially in places like BB and BI. totse had a few good people like warweed, who like many, went to zoklet first, but who seem to be what people here call "party poopers" or the people who prefer a more serious board.

i dont think totse can survive just as a lol board with SG, HB and maybe IFIOTW.

so i hope you would all contribute something into the serious boards

This. We need to be the beacon of knowledge and enlightenment we were. Zoklet was a shitty lol board and we all saw how that went over.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nope. They're already in the downward spiral and spamming totse.info/bbs on zoklet just hurries the process is all.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I said Yes, only because there wasn't a middle ground option. Zoklet was around long before Totse collapsed. Of course, it wasn't as big as Totse, nor did it have anything to offer that was worth a shit, but it was there. It will always be there until Zok gets tired of running a forum.

The only reason Zoklet was around was because Totse was not. Here, we have a site that on initial view is 95% replica of Totse before it died. Links are the biggest problem along with minor issues that even Zoklet had in the beginning (for over a fucking year might I add). Those will be ironed out as we get a more stable user base. Already they've had what, 3 server changes in the past 2 months? That's incredible, and yes I know it's easier to do when you don't have a ton of members or threads.

Totse WILL come back as long as progress continues until we hardly can pick out the difference between .com and .info except the domain name.

Here we have a bunch of members (myself included) who love and stand by any project with the spirit and energy to revive the Lost Atlantis that is Totse by any way they can. I'd dedicate every free moment I could to help re-edit every link in the Archive forums back to health. It's the least I could give back to what Totse gave me in the ten years I've known it.

TOTSE does NOT deserve to go silently into the night and be remembered as "just another good thing taken away in this world". Fans refused to let The Pirate Bay die when the founders shut it down, they kept it alive and it only had 5 years of history! We have 20! Fuck that shit.

The Temple Shall Rise Again!
    2qd8mkl.jpg
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol at the tags on this thread: niggerniggerpumpkindinner, niggerniggerpumpkinpenis
  • edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    lol at the tags on this thread: niggerniggerpumpkindinner, niggerniggerpumpkinpenis

That brightened my day.
    edited July 2010
    Just wondering... Did Jeff Hunter ever release a backup of the forum DB? If not, go find him and contact him.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    The Temple Shall Rise Again!
    2qd8mkl.jpg

epic
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its still too early to tell but I think this definantly has the potential to kill zoklet. Look already how many people have migrated to here people want totse back not zoklet.
  • superspeedzsuperspeedz Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    no, but it will create an exodus, zoklet will end up becoming smaller and more specialized in certain things
  • RodratRodrat Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    i dont want zoklet to die.
    im really confused about all the shit messing up there and that isnt helping it any. but... i want to see it live on.
    this place isnt totse. its not the real thing. its time to move on people
  • Fuck the FBIFuck the FBI Regular
    edited July 2010
    no, but it will create an exodus, zoklet will end up becoming smaller and more specialized in certain things

It will become AIM for Zok, wires, and her bitches(those idiotic mods)
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
    Rodrat wrote: »
    im really confused about all the shit messing up there and that isnt helping it any. but... i want to see it live on.

The only thing im worried about is zoklet going out and then totse.info going down too. This isn't stable enough to go all or nothing on yet.
    edited July 2010

That's exactly how I see it, hell, that was what Meta's forum was all about. The difference is, Zoklet wants to be its own thing and move past Totse while Totse wants to revive what was lost and blank out Zoklet as being a good deed, but just a long dream.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Only time will tell.
    edited July 2010
    I just wish Zok would get his shit together. I think this site is great and all, but yeah it isn't really stable enough yet. its mostly the New forum smell and sense of totse loyalty clouding our judgement. Zoklet is stable and I would much rather be back there full time, but in its current state, it is crap.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    STFU new arrival.
    Rodrat wrote: »
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2010
    I just don't know what to think of all this madness.
    I never had a beef with anything at zoklet except the name "ZOKLET"??I mean WTF kind of name is that anyway?
    edited July 2010
    angryonion wrote: »
    I never had a beef with anything at zoklet except the name "ZOKLET"??I mean WTF kind of name is that anyway?

I reflected on this Saturday evening actually and thought to myself. What kind of egotistical shit is that? I guess it was his place so it's fair, but damn, seriously nothing ever got changed.
  • Femme FataleFemme Fatale Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure Totse's going to grow tremendously, but I dono about Zoklet.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't think it will. There are up's and down' to both Totse and Zoklet.

Remeber what Totse used to be like?

oldtotse.jpg

To me that's the stage Zoklet is at. It just needs a little time to develop as Totse did.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    To me that's the stage Zoklet is at. It just needs a little time to develop as Totse did.

But with Zok and wires it's developing in the wrong direction, not the right direction like Totse did.
    edited July 2010
    Zoklet is surprisingly similar to wires's aborted fetus. It didn't have enough time to fully develop before it got killed.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    angryonion wrote: »

It's outlet for Zok to do whatever he wants. A Zoklet.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    zoklet is surprisingly similar to wires's aborted fetus. It didn't have enough time to fully develop before it got killed.

lol.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    But with Zok and wires it's developing in the wrong direction, not the right direction like Totse did.

Sorry, I was talking more about the design and the general development of it as a website.

What direction do you see it going in anyway?
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Sorry, I was talking more about the design and the general development of it as a website.

What direction do you see it going in anyway?

I'd almost have to ask the question, "What direction?" lol

It seems like Zoklet hasn't gone in any direction in 18 months that its had time and whatever resemblance of a direction it has isn't my cup of tea.

lol@Fuck the F.B.I.
This discussion has been closed.