DFG, I've found you a job

AmieAmie Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Dropbox is hiring

Now get your ass to the US and get one of those jobs!

I'm serious. Email them your CV and a motivational letter in your best English, complete the challenges on their site, rock their world with your technical insight, marketing and community-building skills and tell 'em you'll be a faithfull employee for at least the next 10 years if they help you get a green card.

We could all be references. How many people applying there would have a list of positive references from every continent? How many of them can say "without me, a great blooming online community would not exist"? You've got everything they need, except the green card, but they can help you with that.

You have to try. Worst case scenario they say no and all you've lost is a bit of time.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    That's a damn good idea. If I lived anywhere near San Fransisco then I'd definitely apply, but that would also add extra competition for Dfg :( Anyway, Dfg - apply!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Hahha, I saw that hiring job a bit back.

http://www.dropbox.com/position?jvi=oLYmVfwK,Job

I can nail that one easily. But I have other plans and getting a job in other Countries won't help me much. Plus, I am closer to my IRL project :).
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Yep! That's definitely you bro. :)
    Ideally, you can take an angry customer and turn them around in one phone call or email. You are knowledgeable, tech-savvy, resourceful, and possess a friendly character with a velvet tongue. You know, like, and respect Dropbox users because they rock. You make every customer reaction count because you are on a mission to make every Dropbox user happy.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Hahha, I saw that hiring job a bit back.

http://www.dropbox.com/position?jvi=oLYmVfwK,Job

I can nail that one easily. But I have other plans and getting a job in other Countries won't help me much. Plus, I am closer to my IRL project :).
    We have burgers, bacon, and bacon cheeseburgers. What's your project?
  • edited January 2011
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    perfect for a moslem, it's in san francisco. You'll have more liberal hippie faggot neighbors then you know what to do with, it'd be like being Mayberry's roommate!
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Requirements:
    - Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
    - 2-3 years of experience in internet support
    - Must be highly technical and experienced in using and supporting desktop software
    - Must relate and empathize with customers and their needs, especially if they are frustrated or angry
    - Must be very friendly and likable
    - Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in "customer friendly" language
    - Excellent work ethic - high output (i.e. 100+ tickets a day) and attention to detail
    - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
    - Passionate about making customers happy
    - Knowledgeable about the Dropbox product and able to learn the rest of the product quickly. Ideal applicants are existing Dropbox users who use the product regularly and are active in the Dropbox community
    - Expert in the use of at least two of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux
    - Knowledge of revision control like SVN or Mercurial would be great
    - Able to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve customer problems -
    - Killer Guitar Hero/Rock Band chops
    - Fluency in one or more of the following languages is a plus: Spanish, French, German, Japanese
    *This is a full time position located in San Francisco

Guitar Hero/Rock band? the fuck...

I'm tempted to apply. I'm a computer engineer and fit most of those categories as well, but damn, if Dfg applied to any of those jobs he'd me fucking bitches in California every day right now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Requirements:
    - Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
    - 2-3 years of experience in internet support
    - Must be highly technical and experienced in using and supporting desktop software
    - Must relate and empathize with customers and their needs, especially if they are frustrated or angry
    - Must be very friendly and likable
    - Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in "customer friendly" language
    - Excellent work ethic - high output (i.e. 100+ tickets a day) and attention to detail
    - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
    - Passionate about making customers happy
    - Knowledgeable about the Dropbox product and able to learn the rest of the product quickly. Ideal applicants are existing Dropbox users who use the product regularly and are active in the Dropbox community
    - Expert in the use of at least two of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux
    - Knowledge of revision control like SVN or Mercurial would be great
    - Able to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve customer problems -
    - Killer Guitar Hero/Rock Band chops
    - Fluency in one or more of the following languages is a plus: Spanish, French, German, Japanese
    *This is a full time position located in San Francisco

Guitar Hero/Rock band? the fuck...

I'm tempted to apply. I'm a computer engineer and fit most of those categories as well, but damn, if Dfg applied to any of those jobs he'd me fucking bitches in California every day right now.
    Dude, if you can go ahead :).
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't have an actual paper that says I've got the degree yet though. All I have is my completed credits and shit in school. I don't empathize with customers either but working as a customer support drone taught me to be a good liar.

Shit man, a lot of totseans could apply for that job.

Fuck it, I've got shit to lose anyway. :thumbsup:
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    DFG is mad sexy.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    perfect for a moslem, it's in san francisco. You'll have more liberal hippie faggot neighbors then you know what to do with, it'd be like being Mayberry's roommate!

ROFLMFAO

Mayberry's roommate.