What is the best cigarete?

JestAJestA Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
Totse what do you think is the best cig? Marlboro, Cammel, newports etc.
Me personaly i love newports and cammel wides. but i want to hear what you guys think is the best Cigarette and why.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I dip now but when i smoked I always went for the newport or the Camel Menthol.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited January 2011
    I like Marlboro red 100s. Nice and strong, and I've found nothing hits the spot like them.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited January 2011
    Marlboro Red shorts personally. Although I gave them up a few months ago :(

Djarum Blacks cigarettes are my personal favorite however.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    Marlboro Red shorts personally. Although I gave them up a few months ago :(

Djarum Blacks cigarettes are my personal favorite however.

O Damb i forgots anout cloves! De is 1 o my favs :D
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    O Damb i forgots anout cloves! De is 1 o my favs :D

I've never had them. They're illegal in my state:mad:
  • SemSem Regular
    edited January 2011
    I've never had them. They're illegal in my state:mad:

Under Federal or state law?

I know that they were banned when the "flavored tobacco" law kicked into effect but they've become legal to sell now as "cigars" via a loophole or some such.
    edited January 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    Under Federal or state law?

I know that they were banned when the "flavored tobacco" law kicked into effect but they've become legal to sell now as "cigars" via a loophole or some such.

State as far as I know. Do they even produce a buzz?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    State as far as I know. Do they even produce a buzz?
    they kinda produce a light headed buzzz. but mostly they just taste great.
  • edited January 2011
    Players Filter, recently, gum and an e-cig.

C/O
    "and drugs, lets not forget the drugs"
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Players Filter, recently, gum and an e-cig.

C/O
    "and drugs, lets not forget the drugs"

always drugs! duh!! a joint is a mary j cig and a blunt is a weed stoge!
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited January 2011
    I only really go for Turkish Royals anymore.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Parliaments if I am buying packaged. But for the best smoke I get a custom blend of Canadian and Turkish tobacco at a local smoke shop and make my own.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    I still smoke Marlboro Red shorts. But after that fire safe cig bullshit, they all taste a hell of a lot worse. I used to be able to get non-FSC smokes on base for awhile after the ban(they were also tax free! woop!) but that ended a year/year and a half ago. I was a sad panda.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lucky Strikes for me. Too bad they don't sell them here anymore.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited January 2011
    Reds: Kamels
    Light: Camel Blue
    Unfiltered: Lucky Strikes
    Menthol: Marlboro 54s
    Rollies: Bugler
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Marlboro medium(red labesl now) 100's are my fav.
    I like 27's too
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    Marlboro Bright Leaf - they are fairly new - dont know if they are available outside of the UK. Even the box is different.

marlboro.jpg

If I am rolling my own, Drum.
  • edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Marlboro Bright Leaf - they are fairly new - dont know if they are available outside of the UK. Even the box is different.

marlboro.jpg

What about Golden Virginia? I like that stuff, it seems much... wetter than drum.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    What about Golden Virginia? I like that stuff, it seems much... wetter than drum.

That is why I dont really like GV - it rolls to dense and does not burn so well unless you leave the pack open to dry a little. Having said that, around 15 years ago I was smoking Golden Virginia Dark - have not seen it in the shops for years, but it had a deeper, sweeter flavour than regular GV.
    edited January 2011

marlboro.jpg

I dig the box. I haven't seen 'em around here, then again I don't smoke anything different the Regular ole' Marlboros so never really look through the selection.

That box reminds me of once I got a pack of Marlboro's a few years ago and the box was Black, with red accents. It was pretty cool. Never could find out why they were doing it like that, and I only got two packs like that. I also can't even find a picture of it :(
  • Z28Z28 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Djarum were good!
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    Ooh I think I may have to look out for the bright leaf next time I visit a tobacconist..
    Anyway recenlty I have smoked lucky Strikes and Camel's which my friend brought back from Tenerife damn good.

If I roll my own I use Samuel Gawith's Golden Virginia (made locally) damn nice stuff.

And when I smoke my pipe I generally go for some Samuel Gawith's Squadron Leader.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    Seneca cigarettes are the best :o
  • timtim Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »

fuck that..... the reds are very decent at best and the menthols are wayyyyy too strong.

usually I smoke newports but I did go through a brief marlboro menthol 72 stage.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    Ewwww menthols. I don't understand how people can smoke them. Everytime i smoke one i feel like smoking a tube of icy hot gel.
    ^This - I always compared it to smoking toothpaste in a zig-zag paper. :(
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited February 2011

marlboro.jpg

Bright leaf platinum, I can vouch for it, they taste lovely; nice morning buzz too. I've always been a fan of Marlboro's though. I mainly smoke cyber cigs now, just for the nicotine purely and the money's worth and for the fact of smoking indoors; I make an exception for Marlboro regulars (red) and Bright Leaf Platinum.

P.S. menthols are disgusting.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited February 2011
    cigerets couse cancer

so help me quit!!!!
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »

Those are the cheapest cigs they sell down here and they taste like crap.
    edited February 2011
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    cigerets couse cancer

so help me quit!!!!

How about you just quit being a pussy and smoke more?

EDIT: Also, everything gives you cancer these days. Quit being a pussy.
  • MelonMelon New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    Been said already, the best cancer tubes are Turkish royals and parliments. This is due to the flavor not being a pronounced ass & ciggy flavor.
  • PennywisePennywise Regular
    edited February 2011
    Camel number 9 menthol.
  • UsernameUsername Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    I love morlboro reds. They seem like a good strong flavor and it just hits the spot.
    edited February 2011
    ^This man has good taste in cigarettes.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    Parliament fulls are my favorite, they have a nice strong kick and taste better than 27's in my opinion.

^^^ definitly, also the worst cig that i have found would be Native's
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    mostly smoke 27's and camel wides. parliaments are for when cocaine is involved.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    Before I started rolling my own I loved Marlboro Mediums. Now I just use Gambler tube cut.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    My picks:
    Unfiltered- NAS ff unfiltered US grown
    FF- tossup between Camel filters and Marlboro reds
    Lights- Camel/Pall Mall Blues
    Menthol- Nat Sherman Hint or Menthols (both are great, but pricey)
    Rolling- Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam Shag

I'd add more of the Shermans in if they weren't generally out of my price range for daily smokes.

edit: also, can't bring myself to put parliaments on here. They're not bad, i'm just not a fan.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    Hell yeah I got a big ass bag of the Gambler tube cut for $25.99 using my Sam's Club card and the 200 tubes I get are like 10 bucks. So I spend about $35.00. While when I was buying Marbolors which are about 6 bucks a pack here, and I'd buy 4 packs a week. I was spending about 96 bucks a month. While this huge bag and filters last me about a month and a half.

Also if you're gonna buy a cigarette roller buy this machine http://www.amazon.com/matic-Cigarette-Making-Machine-handle/dp/B0015PK5LS

I can crank out about 20 cigarettes in less than five minutes, and just buy a cigarette holder and you're good. And the tobacco in bags seems to be fresher and a lot better tasting. I'll never go back to buying packs again.
    edited February 2011
    I can go to the local tobacco store an get a box of 200 tubes, enough tobacco to fill them all, and use their $20,000 rolling machine (which you place the tubes and tobacco in and it rolls all 200 in less than 10 minutes) for only $24.92 including tax.

BTW $10.00 for a box of tubes is outrageous. I can get cheap tubes for $2.00 and premium tubes for $3.50.
    edited February 2011
    Average wrote: »
    Also if you're gonna buy a cigarette roller buy this machine http://www.amazon.com/matic-Cigarette-Making-Machine-handle/dp/B0015PK5LS

I can crank out about 20 cigarettes in less than five minutes, and just buy a cigarette holder and you're good. And the tobacco in bags seems to be fresher and a lot better tasting. I'll never go back to buying packs again.

Same tube packer I've got. Works really well.

Sadly, I said the same thing, as far as never getting packs again. Then I got too lazy, and my income increased allowing me to buy packs as frequently as I smoke. :sad:
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    That's why I usually end up rolling 20 of them so I don't have to make one everytime I wanna smoke. How is the Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam Shag taste? Also how much can you get a can for?
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    Like all non-smokers, i buy the same brand when the occasion arises not knowing the difference.
    It's invariably Winfield Blue.

I've had the same pack for over a year now.
    edited February 2011
    That's why I usually end up rolling 20 of them so I don't have to make one everytime I wanna smoke. How is the Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam Shag taste? Also how much can you get a can for?

Cans around here run $50-60. They're 10.6oz cans.

It's a mix of Kentucky and Virginia tobacco. Really smooth right off the bat, and comfortably strong as it dries. Not sure what to compare it to, honestly.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    Cans around here run $50-60. They're 10.6oz cans.

It's a mix of Kentucky and Virginia tobacco. Really smooth right off the bat, and comfortably strong as it dries. Not sure what to compare it to, honestly.

Ouch sounds pretty expensive, I might pick some up when I have more money.
    edited February 2011
    Ouch sounds pretty expensive, I might pick some up when I have more money.

Checked again. It's 50 for the 10.6oz can. 1oz bags are $7 or so. Can usually get 1.5-2 packs worth out of them.