Totse.info E-mails :)

DfgDfg Admin
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Consider this a Christmas present from your loving Community :). Trx110 asked for e-mail address for Totse users and I see no reason not to allow it. But not everyone is going to get them :D.

We will not charge money for it, we will not charge anything for it. But however gets those e-mails should NEVER abuse them [please :)].

I am going to hand out e-mails to Editors, Global Mods, Mods and Regulars.

Each User will get 25Mb of space. I will set a limit to 100 Users. I mean the 100 is the maximum e-mails accounts that will be created. I will increase the quota if things don't break.

Mods with 5000 or above posts will get them. Contributing users will be offered e-mail accounts as well.

This is atm a draft but if everyone likes it I will start making account. Post in this thread if you want one.

Btw compared to other accounts totse.info accounts are rare and you can POP3 client as well.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for this Dfg. I'd like one please.:hai:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    Better get up to 5000. . .(Starting with this post)
  • edited December 2010
    This is great! I've been needing a totse email for a while now really. Thanks dfg!
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited December 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Users who qualify for this should e-mail me with their nicks that would like to use for the e-mails. It's best if you use the totse nick.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Current list:
    :mad:ijuana [Mod]
    Mayberry [Editor]
    DirtySanchez [Mod]
    fanglekai [Mod]
    trx100 [Editor]
    Katzenklavier [Mod]
    bornkiller [G Mod]
    LSA King [G Mod]

Skittles and other site contributors will get e-mail accounts as well.

Oh Vineman and Abrn get e-mails as well, since they're hosting Totse :)

Regulars users need step up and post more :).
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited December 2010
    5000 posts? :(
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks, much appreciated. Can we send electronic camels?

Also, how do we use them? :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    I will post the instructions for configuring e-mail access :). It's pretty simple.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Okay, I tested things and added three accounts on my outlook client. webmaster,support and dfg.

EDIT I will just Pm u guys.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Check your PM.

Btw the users who get e-mail accounts are also going to be given access to the CMS as contributors. Hows that for a surprise :).
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    I want one. :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Oh btw I just checked users can't change passwords :(. I will have to set the passwords manually lol.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited December 2010
    I want one.....
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice one Dfg, I'm taking this is part to improve your IT skills as well as offering benefits to contributing members ;). Is the email server set up on our end or via third party. Just curious if so which software you'd be using. Working on my Network Admin skills mah-self :P
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Nice one Dfg, I'm taking this is part to improve your IT skills as well as offering benefits to contributing members ;). Is the email server set up on our end or via third party. Just curious if so which software you'd be using. Working on my Network Admin skills mah-self :P

Everything is managed by cpanel. I do have shell access but thanks to my recent encounters with Linux I would avoid fucking with it. Basically I use cpanel and add users and then set a random password which is secure. It's pretty simple when you're using GUI :D.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    May I have one?
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    ^ Nope you and I will have to get to 5K. Lets get to posting.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2010
    I'd like one too.
    edited December 2010
    post moar
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Fuuuck, for real? I'd love one, Dfg. Perrty please :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Regulars should post MOAR!

I might giveaway 2 e-mail accounts to promising contributors as a Christmas present. So, better start contributing :).
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited December 2010
    :eek::o:angry::p:thumbsup:i want 1 pleese :):mad::sad::(:facepalm::hai::confused:
    edited December 2010
    brandon needs 1 plz
  • edited December 2010
    Give brandon an email address as he's the best member here
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Give brandon an email address as he's the best member here

lol no. We're all equal here. Plus, you need to contribute or help build the website to get these e-mails. Considering Zok was going to sell @zoklet.net e-mails and Jeff never gave anyone @totse.com e-mails and even T2 and TDD never bothered with these, it's a cheap bargain.

I only asked for uses to contribute more. I only picked the most active mods who worked on the website for months without fail. Rewarding brandon who kinda piss off other hard working users who deserve these e-mails.

Plus e-mails also qualifies you for the CMS contributor group atm. So, I can't really hand them out withou considering everything.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Okay, I will lower the limit. Reguler users over 1600 posts will also get these e-mails.
    Dysgraphia
    spazz
    jarkof

Congrats.
    That's it for now. This was a Christmas gift to community.

If you want to get a Totse exclusive e-mail, help build this website and you will be rewarded :)
  • edited December 2010
    Haha, I was joking man :D its cool to see this kind of thing happening here though, love it.