Hardcore

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hardcore music is fucking awesome. Here are some of my favorites...

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    Hardcore is a way of life.

• edited December 2010
    ^ That was actually pretty good, I'll download some of that for sure :D
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    I can't get into hardcore. It bores me. I'd like to go to a concert though.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited December 2010
    One time I got drunk and went into Hatebreeds pit let just say I should have posted this under the Bad Ideas thread
  • edited December 2010
    The only hardcore i like is The Acacia Strain because they have killer guitar and they don't scream. Bands that scream make me think that they're little bitches running from a bumble bee :mad:

Most of the hardcore I listen to doesn't have screaming in. It's all growling, shouting and the use of aggressive lyrics to get a message across.
    edited December 2010

all that remains has the bassist from acacia strain
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited December 2010
    I used to love it...now it all sounds the same to me. I still like the music but I've narrowed it down to more of the unique stand out bands. I'm sick of the new hardcore/metal bands doing the exact same thing.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited December 2010
    All That Remain's drummer triggers. :mad: There are so many different genres of rock now I have a hard time putting bands into specific ones.

Edit: Forgot to put my favorite ones. I'd suggest Hatebreed as stated above and Throwdown. :thumbsup:
  • edited December 2010
    What about Devil Wears Prada? The guy has a sort of screamy voice, but the music is so powerful it really doesn't matter.
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    edited February 2011
    + 5fdp, trivium, killswitch engage &panTera
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited February 2011
    I used to love it...now it all sounds the same to me. I still like the music but I've narrowed it down to more of the unique stand out bands. I'm sick of the new hardcore/metal bands doing the exact same thing.

Took the words from my mouth man. All of them :cool:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    Lulz at hardcore. Tough guys need to find a niche in EVERYTHING, don't they? Whatever happened to metal where wizards and demons battled it out in dark dimensions parallel to our own? With atmosphere instead of mindless chugging riffs on the open E...

Back on topic: Ceremony is some of the only hardcore I can stand...and that's probably because they remind me a lot of 80's hardcore punk.
  • edited February 2011
    Fuck, I wish I liked this stuff, and really it is only the vocals that turn me off. I love loud fast music, but the vocals do nothing for me. I would see a gig and slam the fuck out of the pit, but it's not on my daily playlist.

C/O
    "Blood, coke, and sodomy"
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    Anything "-core" is automatically bad, states Rolf, even Hardcore, the father of the entire inbred retarded -core family, continues Rolf. Be a real man, suggests Rolf, just listen to metal, that is M-E-T-A-L, without the "-core" suffix, states Rolf.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm I have always assumed these guys were Hardcore so...

Also I wiki'd it to make sure but then it claimed that the below guy's were the founders of the genre so not what I would straight away call harcore but then you just gotta love them. Don't really need an excuse :p
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    DK's = punk

though I guess back in the 80's hardcore and punk were almost synonymous with each other...unlike today.
  • edited February 2011
    Gallows are pretty good, although the lead singer spat on me at a concert once which sucked, although it was unintentional :D I then saw one of my old school teachers in the pit, which was hilarious.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Anything "-core" is automatically bad, states Rolf, even Hardcore, the father of the entire inbred retarded -core family, continues Rolf. Be a real man, suggests Rolf, just listen to metal, that is M-E-T-A-L, without the "-core" suffix, states Rolf.

Agreed for the most part, though there is some metalcore/deathcore/grindcore that's decent. But yeah, metal rules.
  • edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Most of the hardcore I listen to doesn't have screaming in. It's all growling, shouting and the use of aggressive lyrics to get a message across.

Exactly what message is that?
    "If we play loud and fast nobody will realize that we have zero talent."
    Something along those lines?? Or perhaps...
    "As long as nobody can understand our screamer, metal zombies will buy our shit and make us rich."
    In all honesty, its probably...
    "We're just one empty show away from turning into a christian pop-rock group."
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited February 2011
    ceremony. you fucking pussies and your weak ass shit
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    Time to spice up this thread with some metal:

• RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »

:thumbsup:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »

All hail Lord Worm.

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited February 2011
    A lot of the bands mentioned here are metalcore...
    Which isn't bad because that's the only "core" genre i can stand to listen to.
    It's all about the metal \m/. :hai:
    Exactly what message is that?
    "If we play loud and fast nobody will realize that we have zero talent."
    Something along those lines?? Or perhaps...
    "As long as nobody can understand our screamer, metal zombies will buy our shit and make us rich."
    In all honesty, its probably...
    "We're just one empty show away from turning into a christian pop-rock group."

Oh look, the juggalo has the audacity to criticize music. :facefuckingpalm:
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    A lot of the bands mentioned here are metalcore...
    Which isn't bad because that's the only "core" genre i can stand to listen to.
    It's all about the metal \m/. :hai:

Incorrect, states Rolf. Metalcore is lame, gayest metal genre since Nu Metal and Hair metal before it, states Rolf. Be a man, suggests Rolf, summon lake trolls and listen to good music :thumbsup:.