Fallout new vegas

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I just got it for my birthday. Ive only played a little but it looks badass so far. Anyone here have it and if so what did you think?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Ich bin eine wastelander. New Vegas is the only reason I am getting another console system, and Elder Scrolls 5, of course.
    C/O
    "what the hell happened to my dog"?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    I got it for Christmas, and I've already played like 19 hours. I love that shit. the one thing I don't like is how strong the fucking followers are. They kill everything.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I got it for Christmas, and I've already played like 19 hours. I love that shit. the one thing I don't like is how strong the fucking followers are. They kill everything.

I'd rather than kill everything than have it like resident evil 5 where the companions suck balls and cant fight for shit. I always hated when you get stuck with companions and you lose if they die while they dont do shit so if they kill well it's all good with me.
    edited December 2010
    The girl from Resident Evil 5 wasn't that bad.
  • edited December 2010
    I've got it and played some of it, although I just couldn't get into it that much. It's not my sort of genre, unfortunately :(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Just got off the xbox. See my thread in HB for what it did to me :/
    My housemate plays F:NV religiously, plus she's kinda hawt. I loved Fo3 but this seems a little bit more current events, political and realistic.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited December 2010
    beat it twice, working on hardcore mode now. The only complaints i have are the level cap being only 30 (35 with dlc now) and enemies sometimes falling through the ground/getting stuck
  • edited December 2010
    It's really glitchy, apparently. Loads of bugs in it.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    It's really glitchy, apparently. Loads of bugs in it.

The last patch fixed 95% of the freezing, so it's a much better game now
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    I ended up getting New Vegas today because i found a Walmart gift card i hadn't used yet for 50$. I've been playing it for the past few hours and i have to say that it's pretty fucking awesome. I'm working with the Powder Gang atm and going on stupid little missions for Eddie. I keep trying to be good but the oppurtunities to steal shit are just everywhere so i always end up being bad :p

I wish I could go back and help the powder gang but I decided to help the town defeat them. Fuck that town:mad: I help them and they give me nothing.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    I'm a big time fallout fanboy. I've been playing these games since 1997. New Vegas is great and feels a lot more like the older games. The only thing I wish they would incorporate is a vehicle. In FO2 you could fix and drive a car, I wish that you could fix and ride a motorcycle. With all the components that you can collect and all the broken down motorcycles you see this wouldn't be difficult; also a motorcycle would be ideal for manoeuvring through the narrow places and canyons.
  • edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    I hate that song. :mad: I kind of want to start over and make an unarmed character.