Obtaining a uk bank account, not in your name??

WeweWewe Semo-Regulars
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Any ideas on how to get a uk bank account in someone else's name, fictional or real?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    There's always the option of stealing another person's account which is currently open, or are you looking to create a completely new account under a fake name?

If you're looking to open an account from scratch, you're going to have to have the following documentation handy...
    You’ll need a photo I.D., proof of your address, and the appropriate funds to meet the minimum deposit required by your bank. You can use a passport, student identification card, or valid driver’s license to prove your identity and copies of recent bank statements or utility bills to verify your address. You’ll need to contact the bank to determine how much money you’ll need to open a bank account before you apply.

Think you can fake all of that?

Mind me asking what SWIM might be needing this account for? Depending on the situation, there might be alternative options.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2010
    If you do not mind the account being traced back to you, just tell the bank you want it opened under another name. This is legal in the UK.

If you want it untraceable, you are going to need some fairly decent fake ID - I have used a student ID to open a bank account in the past, but it was an account that was without credit - I could only draw on what was in the account. Once I showed official ID (driving licence / passport) it was opened up to have an overdraft facility.

I have been made aware however that homeless people will open an account and sell it on. Make sure you pick one that looks kinda clean, does not stink and has a couple of their own teeth. Always have it in your mind that said homeless person could go into the bank with ID and the account number and clean you out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Impersonate, forge... these are the best methods.

I would try doing this.

Get a trusted friend. Tell him to open a new account with good credit limit. Let him use it for 2 months and then stage a robbery. Like he was going through some place and you cornered him and got his cards and stuff. Plus he beat you up and forced the pin number out of you. Then you just tie him up and leave him close to an opening.

You run to the nearest ATM, get the money from his account plus credit and run. In the mean time your friend calls 911 and ask the credit card company to block your account. Since ATM are insured you will get your money back and your friend will get some grand out of it.

It's a bit risky but with proper kit and impersonation method you can get away with it.

In Pakistan I can make two 25,000 Rs transactions.

I would prefer wearing a uniform and then going to the ATM. My face would be covered by some transparent mask that hides my key features but cannot be seen by the guards. Since you're a police official they wont bother you.

It's just an idea.
    edited December 2010
    You would be better off getting together with a few mates and setting up a couple of accounts. Transfer money between them regularly, but not in the same amounts. If you start off with £5k cash and move it around frequently through the accounts, the bank will phone you up - it will go something like this:

Bank: We notice you are making some large transactions on you account - money going in and going out.

You: Yes - I use the account for my business transactions

Bank: Oh, would you like to open a business account?

You: *laughs* No, you charge for business accounts

Bank: But we can offer you a personal banker with a business account.

You: Can I not have one of those with a personal account?

Bank: Well, yes, but

You: How about I get a business account for free for six months?

Bank: OK

Then, rack up a business overdraft and withdraw the fucking lot.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    They'd rape you with repo men and lawsuits since they have all your info on file. bad idea
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    They'd rape you with repo men and lawsuits since they have all your info on file. bad idea

No, not really.

Every time I have had a call from a bank (or a collection agency) asking for money I tell them the is in prison and has an undertimined sentence. When they ask which prison the person is in, I tell them the data protection act means I cannot disclose that information and point them in the direction of writing a letter to the Home Secretary.

The derp generally stops then.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Sounds like bullshit. You'd have to establish quite a few fake identities, get banks to believe they're real so they'll open personal checking accounts, then get the banks to give new personal checking accounts lines of business credit. I seriously doubt this would work in the US. Personal checking is personal checking, and they don't just give away free business accounts for 6 months. If you take their money and then say you're in prison, they'll find out that no such person is in prison, and then they'll rape you with lawsuits. They'll figure out the identity is fraudulent and then you'll get raped. All for a measly 5k.

You'd be better off trying to get credit cards under a fake id and maxing them out. Credit cards only require a name, address and SSN.
  • edited January 2011
    In Australia, the identification standards are way, way lower for minors than they are for adults.

From a bank's website (identification standards are set by law, there is no variation between banks):
    Under 18 years of age

* You must show at least 1 identification document from the list below. The combined identification documents must enable verification of your full name and either your residential address or your date of birth. (Certified copies will only be acceptable as set out in "How can I present my Identification if I cannot visit the Bank in Person?"
    * All documents must be current unless specified otherwise
    * Where photo identification is presented, ensure the likeness of the photo matches your current appearance
    * If any document is written in a language other than English, you must provide an English translation prepared by an accredited translator.

Acceptable identification documents

* Birth certificate – Australian (full birth certificate or extract birth certificate issued by State/Territory Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages)
    * Citizenship certificate – Australian
    * NSW birth card
    * Passport – Australian (can either be current or expired within the last 2 years; must not be cancelled, defaced or mutilated)
    * Passport – Foreign (issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the United Nations; must not be cancelled, defaced or mutilated)
    * Notice issued by a school – must be less than 3 months old; include your name, residential address and the period you attended the school.

If you are a minor or can play the part of one, it literally halves the number of documents you have to forge or steal.