Fix the Report a Post Problem

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited January 2011 in Help and Suggestions
While I'm at it I also want to bring up the latest annoyance: the Report A Post feature. Fatty and Big Bear have abused it repeatedly. Helladamnleet did it too before he got all pissy and left. It's annoying to see random posts reported for no reason. It's also tiresome to see other users (Fatty) report reported posts. It needs to stop.

Should we allow a temporary ban for people abusing the Report a Post feature?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Repeatedly?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeh, it also sends unnecessary emails to my email.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2011
    The simplest way to "fix" it is to have no tolerance for it.

Anyone who mis-reports something more than once should be banned.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    While I'm at it I also want to bring up the latest annoyance: the Report A Post feature. Fatty and Big Bear have abused it repeatedly. Helladamnleet did it too before he got all pissy and left. It's annoying to see random posts reported for no reason. It's also tiresome to see other users (Fatty) report reported posts. It needs to stop.

Should we allow a temporary ban for people abusing the Report a Post feature?

I think so. Big Bear as well as some others have been warned plenty of times over this but keeps doing it. People need to stop doing it. It's basically just flooding totse.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Repeatedly?
    Yeah. u mad?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I think so. Big Bear as well as some others have been warned plenty of times over this but keeps doing it. People need to stop doing it. It's basically just flooding totse.

sorry about me lol i had a mental freakout that day haha.
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    sorry about me lol i had a mental freakout that day haha.

Actually it felt kinda good to finally use my ban hammer powers on someone:hai:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Actually it felt kinda good to finally use my ban hammer powers on someone:hai:

well glad i could help lol. i'll try 2 not do that again tho.
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    well glad i could help lol. i'll try 2 not do that again tho.

We would all greatly appreciate that:o
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    The simplest way to "fix" it is to have no tolerance for it.

Anyone who mis-reports something more than once should be banned.

This.

Or, just remove the function completely.
    edited January 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    This.

Or, just remove the function completely.
    The problem is we don't have active global mods to take care of everything. If we did the report a post feature would be useless. As it is, if someone reports a post in a mod's section, that mod gets an email letting him know something is up. It's helpful for banning spam bots.
  • edited January 2011

I've reported one post. Not multiple, one.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    i dont think the users really need it, there seem to be enough mods on here during the day to handle it.
    edited January 2011
    Then let's get rid of it.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The problem is we don't have active global mods to take care of everything. If we did the report a post feature would be useless. As it is, if someone reports a post in a mod's section, that mod gets an email letting him know something is up. It's helpful for banning spam bots.

Then perhaps the no tolerance option is best.

It is just that the guilt would consume me if I were to report my bot brethren.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Report feature is a handy tool. I already defined what posts should be reported using it. So, I am now enforcing a ban for abusing report feature. It will be a 12 hour ban. First one to go is Fatty.
    edited January 2011
    Poor fatty got banned. Until you get some global mods in place you should just make a temp ban for abusing the report a post.