People are idiots

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
People are idiots. I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for old tube TVs and people want like $75 - $120 dollars for them; when I can get a 30" LCD for $60

Dumbasses :facepalm:

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Make a new ad saying you will pick up and recycle their old tube tv's for a 5.00$ fee and see what happens
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    LOL, what you wanting those for? I know you can do several things with them, but your need?

And come on man, you know people are greedy fuckers.

Next time you post such and ad, say in there some where that you will dispose of it free of the tax on old appliences - although it does not exist, as you have said, people are idiots, ya get me?
    edited January 2011
    BB is one the same wave length.

Scary.
  • edited January 2011
    LOL at the same time too.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck man recycling. A brilliant idea.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I would go with BB idea.
    edited January 2011
    Ok, so now they want to sell VHS camcorders to me for $70. :facepalm:
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    It's because some kinds of TV parts are getting rare now. Try buying a PS2 mouse these days... still... $70 is too much for an old TV, regardless of the rarity of the parts.
    edited January 2011
    Lol, no spectral nobody wants these parts except the .005% of the people in this dumbass country that are electronics hobbyists. The sellers are either greedy or just plain dumb. Most likely the latter.
    edited January 2011
    Lol, no spectral nobody wants these parts except the .005% of the people in this dumbass country that are electronics hobbyists. The sellers are either greedy or just plain dumb. Most likely the latter.
    It's like this... let's say you're making a low budget movie, and in the script there is call for an old-style rotary telephone in the color marine-green. Now, where the fuck are you gonna get such a thing these days! You go on E-Bay and find some, but they're all $200+! You go on Craigslist and there's not a one. You check your garage... attic... cellar... grandmother's attic, grandmother's garage... grandmother's fruit-cellar... again... nothing. What the fuck do yo do! Well, you bow your head in defeat and enter a bid of $200.01 on E-Bay, that's what you do. And sure... the seller is chuckling and sitting back easy... but he knows you just can't pick up a genuine 1927 Batman playing card just anywhere, and he's right!
    edited January 2011
    Yes, but these are tube TVs. There's probably more of those than people in the world.
    edited January 2011
    Yes, but these are tube TVs. There's probably more of those than people in the world.
    Vintage televisions start at $100 on E-Bay right now... just checked the Electronics section.
    edited January 2011
    No, I mean they are offering 1998 televisions for $75.
    edited January 2011
    No, I mean they are offering 1998 televisions for $75.
    Well, the production of cathode ray tube televisions ceased entirely after 2010, so they are now considered vintage. Not antique, but still vintage. Some people know that, and they know the parts are soon going to be worth something to television repair shops and whatnot.
    edited January 2011
    Damn, the amount of TV's I have shot or smashed up over time...

It is true about people needed old things for things like films and TV. A guy I know started out with a van doing house clearence when people die. He has a very decent business now selling tat to people for the above reason and to decortate bars etcetera.

He sold a small rowing boat and bit of net he found to a bar as decoration. He got a couple of hundred quid for some crap he picked up from the beach. I will be getting made redudant this year, so I might give it a go and see if I can make some money out of it.

I will probably just end up filling my garden with crap that no one wants to buy and it will end up getting burned.
    edited January 2011
    Spectal you think too highly of the american population.

And since the tube TVs are obsolete TV repair shops won't need the parts because nobody is going to bother to repair a CRT television.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    lol sucks 2 be you kat. i have like 3-5 old TVs here at my place. i say 3-5 because some of them are in parts.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectal you think too highly of the american population.

And since the tube TVs are obsolete TV repair shops won't need the parts because nobody is going to bother to repair a CRT television.
    This. People in the US don't repair shit. This isn't the 50s. TVs and other things do not last. If they break, you toss them. Repairing a tv from the 90s would cost more than buying a new hdtv.

That being said, a friend of mine wants to give me a 27'' crt tv for free. Lulz.
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    That being said, a friend of mine wants to give me a 27'' crt tv for free. Lulz.

Take it, you can do this: http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?p=83471#post83471
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    I was planning on giving it to my family cause they need another tv.
    edited January 2011
    You'd be surprised. A lot of old folk like their old tv's, and they'll get it repaired again and again just to keep on enjoying it. I mean, let's be realistic here. Of course the old folks won't be around much longer, but they're still out there, and there's lots of them... tens of millions, in fact.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I keep a CRT in my basement. I like to turn it on and off just for that flash of light when it closes that makes that 'schwoom' sound :o