Hmm, vBulletin licence chargeback...

Comments

• muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Have to receive an update number from the P4yp4l (can't use it until then) in a few days. When so, I'll see to donating some. At least $20-30 if I can muster it.

Also, when is the money due?

WE need to raise the money by before Jelsoft finds out.
  • edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »

Any way other than PayPal (though it should be working by the time I get my paycheck)? I get payed on Friday.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Looks like it got my $5. I'll wire some more money in from my bank account and donate as soon as it gets to PayPal.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for donating everyone, Hellish is a good guy and we owe it to Totse to keep this site up
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    That donation bar up the top makes this kind of feel like one of those old tv shows where you call in and donate, but only if they do whatever you request which usually ends in humiliation :p

Hellish you've gotta start taking some requests! :D
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    That donation bar up the top makes this kind of feel like one of those old tv shows where you call in and donate, but only if they do whatever you request which usually ends in humiliation :p

Hellish you've gotta start taking some requests! :D

25 bux and ill stick a hi liter in my ass with timestamp and username i mean it
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    25 bux and ill stick a hi liter in my ass with timestamp and username i mean it

How much would it take for you to push it all the way in HTS-Noob style?
    edited July 2010
    I did an instant transfer of $5 from my bank. I don't want to see this place die because it's growing on me.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010

As long as Hellish backs up the database everyday at least once until we get the funds we wouldn't lose much if anything. I find it hard knowing some fairly large forums that run on nullified version that it will be known unless you say so and someone rats you out.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    As long as Hellish backs up the database everyday at least once until we get the funds we wouldn't lose much if anything. I find it hard knowing some fairly large forums that run on nullified version that it will be known unless you say so and someone rats you out.

With sniveling morons like 0x29A going around snorting about how they've got d0x on so and so it'd only be a matter of time.

Hellish, I don't have a paypal, but if you could accept money order or cash I would be willing to send you around 100 USD (I got paid today)
  • edited July 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    With sniveling morons like 0x29A going around snorting about how they've got d0x on so and so it'd only be a matter of time.

Hellish, I don't have a paypal, but if you could accept money order or cash I would be willing to send you around 100 USD (I got paid today)

What about a bank account?
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    What about a bank account?

what about it?
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just because i get the 4 licence doesnt mean i cant use 3 anymore.
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    "As I suspected...they don't even have a vBulletin License. http://totse.info/bbs/misc.php?do=donate

They will get shut down sooner or later or not be allowed to buy one. Once they find out they can't buy a license for the old version they will have to totally change the layout once again when they are forced to use the new version.

Edit: http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=1147

How about we all just report them? http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php "

Source: http://totse2.com/showthread.php?1488-Original-Totse-is-back/page2

I'm not saying they will, but there is pretty big possibility of being reported :(

This is why that info shouldn't have been posted here I knew that was going to happen. Oh well...shit's about to get nasty.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    You don't happen to have a full tilt account do you?
    edited July 2010
    This is why that info shouldn't have been posted here I knew that was going to happen. Oh well...shit's about to get nasty.

I'll delete my post if you delete yours ;)
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    If you have a correctly cracked copy of Vbull, and you're hosted offshore, Jelsoft cannot shut you down.

And Skittles, you're pathetic. We're all part of the same community. Petty threats like your post don't do anyone good.
    edited July 2010
    Have you thought about adding an amazon widget? A lot of people (I assume) buy stuff via amazon and this way if they search it through that you get 15%.

I'm not sure about details though.
    edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    If you have a correctly cracked copy of Vbull, and you're hosted offshore, Jelsoft cannot shut you down.

And Skittles, you're pathetic. We're all part of the same community. Petty threats like your post don't do anyone good.

Skittles was quoting the other forum.
    edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »
    Have you thought about adding an amazon widget? A lot of people (I assume) buy stuff via amazon and this way if they search it through that you get 15%.

I'm not sure about details though.

Plus students get a free year of amazon prime by registering a .edu email on amazon.com/student. I buy shit there all the time, so if I can help the site and get free 2 day shipping on my purchases that would be sweet.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I funneled more money in to my PayPal, I gotta wait three days, though. Fuck! Do you think we can hold out for three days?
    edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »
    Skittles was quoting the other forum.

This :(
    edited July 2010

This is true, I researched the topic and we're hosted in Belize so good luck. If you are on a dedicated server the chances are next to never getting shut down period.

At least that's what I've found from google lol. I'd take the chance, fuck it.
  • edited July 2010
    This is true, I researched the topic and we're hosted in Belize so good luck. If you are on a dedicated server the chances are next to never getting shut down period.

At least that's what I've found from google lol. I'd take the chance, fuck it.

Any hope is better than no hope. I still want to help out.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    wasjosh wrote: »
    Who's house would swim have to lite up to cancel swimmers charge-back?

Back to the original issue...
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    i'll pitch in, i get paid Thurs.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    I will donate $10 USD later.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wish i could donate something useful, but i only have 62 cents in my paypal account. You can have it though.
    edited July 2010
    I just spent 2 hours organizing my totse archive. I will upload shit if people donate.
  • DeadHamDeadHam Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I dun donates
    where are my perks?
    edited July 2010
    DeadHam wrote: »
    I dun donates
    where are my perks?

The first of many. www.imagefap.com/image.php?id=926508276

One of the infamous djsonytech nudes. Want to see wires in lingerie? Donate more!
  • edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The first of many. www.imagefap.com/image.php?id=926508276

One of the infamous djsonytech nudes. Want to see wires in lingerie? Donate more!

blurp. those pics r everywar

but ill donate when i get paid nigga i got other bills to pay and mouths to feed firs nomsayin cuh the ufck im even typin this fu
    edited July 2010
    I have hundreds of pics. This screenshot from a CarbonB thread is lulzy.

http://a.imageshack.us/img196/3792/carbonbj.jpg
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    I donated. I had $10 in there from like a year and a half ago that I completely forgot about...

Perks?
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just donated 10$, I get paid on Monday and will see what I can do then.
    I don't see why we won't be able to pull this off within a couple days.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited July 2010
    How long does it take to go through? I just clicked on the donate page and it says only $16 has been donated so I assume it takes a while to go through?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
  • SolverTSolverT Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Donatation sent
  • Lead OxideLead Oxide Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I'm certain there's versions of Vbulletin available for download on the good old wbb...
    edited July 2010

Over half way to the goal in less than 24 hours, unless that counter lies. Looks to me like shit's about to get awesome. :cool:
  • edited July 2010
    Over half way to the goal in less than 24 hours, unless that counter lies. Looks to me like shit's about to get awesome. :cool:

We're doing well. I still haven't even donated yet, currently waiting for my balance to settle down in my bank account to see how much moneys I have. (been spending a lot lately.)
    edited July 2010
    Keep the donations coming!
    edited July 2010

Yeah that is pretty impressive. I still think we should have used the pirated BBS lol but fuck it. I was referring to that snake Easy-E trying to shut us down by reporting us, that information shouldn't have been made public as I knew some dumb fuck was going to try doing that although I thought it'd be Zoklet.

A simple "We need $195 to help cover initial server set up fees" would have sufficed and allowed us to use a pirate version untouched and would have been play offable given set up fees for dedicated servers are pretty big.

Either way I think we are in the clear.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    I'll donate closer to the deadline. I'd hate to waste the money.
    edited July 2010
    Yeah that is pretty impressive. I still think we should have used the pirated BBS lol but fuck it. I was referring to that snake Easy-E trying to shut us down by reporting us, that information shouldn't have been made public as I knew some dumb fuck was going to try doing that although I thought it'd be Zoklet....

Yeah, I got what you were saying. I'm just glad we've got so many dedicated members to help work this out.
    Easy e on the other hand is being ridiculous. Talking the most shit about this site out of anyone on any totse refugee holdout I've seen. :confused:
    I'll donate closer to the deadline. I'd hate to waste the money.

The deadline is pretty much as soon as Jelsoft pulls the plug. The sooner we get the funds, the sooner we can rest easy.
    Paying now would not waste your money.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just transferred some money to paypal from my checking account, I'll be donating $15 as soon as it comes through. Hopefully before we run out of time.
    The deadline is pretty much as soon as Jelsoft pulls the plug. The sooner we get the funds, the sooner we can rest easy.
    Paying now would not waste your money.

They didn't even give a warning period? Like we have no idea when they could pull it?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Can you install phpBB or something in the meantime or does that not work with your database/file format/file structure/whim? :P

I never got an answer re: why we have to use THIS software
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    I never got an answer re: why we have to use THIS software

Mostly because it's used everywhere and Totse used it back in 2007. Also, it's a feature rich and reliable. You can find tons of plugins for it. And it's widely used. It's secure as well.

BUT it's fucking expensive and the cost is one time only.
  • edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Mostly because it's used everywhere and Totse used it back in 2007. Also, it's a feature rich and reliable. You can find tons of plugins for it. And it's widely used. It's secure as well.

BUT it's fucking expensive and the cost is one time only.

You only have to pay once? That's not too bad then, I thought it was monthly because of the "donations this month" bit at the top of the forum.