Now I AM SLEEPY!

DfgDfg Admin
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
FTR the text you read in the spoiler was written when I blew some mental fuse due to some actions which I didn't like. However, this is Totse and we're a community/family it's wise not to hold grudges [which i don't] and it's best for everyone if things get resolved quickly. Since saying sorry if the hard part, I will apologize for my actions if they seemed harsh or insulting and I am sure what DS and fangle did was in the best interest of the community. I believe there was/is a lapse in the communication and only though transparent talks and open discussion can we fix this loop holes. This community is still young and we have a lot to learn. I have now problem lowering myself in the interest of the community and the last thing I want is to alienate Totse members who worked hard for this website. Not everyone is fit to mod and modding is a stressful job. So, even though I was forced to remove fanglekai from Moderation Team, I have no vendetta against him. We're humans and we all make mistakes, instead of acting like apes and fighting each other we should unite and become a symbol of hope for humanity.

Again, the text in the spoiler written in rage mode and I usually use that to vent out. I might have said harsh and careless words but trust me I didn't intend to hurt, I just needed an escape hole. I would request fellow members to stop bitching about this issue and move on to make this place better. We fucked up but at the end of the day we still stand united in the spirit of Totse.
There is one thing to disagree on something and it's completely another thing to be an asshole and just shit on others contributions. Fanglekai I would have gone to great lengths to resolve issues but I cannot and will not forgive the betrayal you did to this community. I should have never modded you in the first place. You fucking deleted your threads and you didn't even consider others posts in those threads.

What kind of moron are you? I thought highly of you and after seeing your handy work, I honestly don't trust you anymore. I gave you an open window, hell I didn't even bother you and yet instead of DS you went on a rampage to destroy Totse.

You had a chance and you blew it. You abused your powers to cause harm to users by deleting their posts in order to get over your butthurt. I will not tolerate this and this goes for other mods who think that by deleting their threads they're being something special. Hell, if you asked or just unapproved those threads I wouldn't even bother about it.

But NO, you had to be an asshole. I have unapproved them and I will salvage users posts and leave your content removed. I don't people who are selfish to mod or control totse. I hope DS didn't follow the same path. You were pretty open about fail trolling but what you did was worse than any failtroll could ever do. You fucking betrayed users.

I don't like drama and I hate it, but I have a right to vent and I will vent here. I tried to be neutral. It's not like I don't see off topic posts and bullshit replies. Hell, I see them all the time. But I go with it hoping to inspire users to get in line and contribute and they did. But you wanted to enforce things. You wanted moderators to their jobs, which basically is, CONTRIBUTING and being a leader. In the old totse mods weren't even allowed to ban.

Anyway, I am glad this is over with because now I can move forward and work on making things better. I was wise to limit things otherwise if you were a global mod things would be more messy.

In short, FUCK YOU.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Can we go back to building this place now, please? :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Can we go back to building this place now, please? :)

First I need to eat and then I need to sleep. My eyes hurt and this whole mess is making me UBER RAGE! :)

Anyway, I am behind making this place better and fuck power abusers. Updated CMS security issue :).

Got to finish the layout.
  • edited January 2011
    Fantastic. Hopefully we can create enough content to bury the rest of this shit forever.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    Take your time with post recovery, man. trying to knock it all over in one hit is going to drive you nuts after a while.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Rather than anger you should feel relief that this type of thing came to a head now instead when the community was larger and less fluid. This way the damage is much less and it can serve as a learning tool to the staff in the future.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited January 2011
    Blocks of texts are just blocks of texts to most people. Ever realize that there is maybe more behind just all the words? That nobody will understand what they really mean unless you are that person or know them very well.
  • edited January 2011
    Rather than anger you should feel relief that this type of thing came to a head now instead when the community was larger and less fluid. This way the damage is much less and it can serve as a learning tool to the staff in the future.

I have to agree with you bro, I was thinking the exact same thing. This needs to be considered as an experience which we have learned from, and it's good that it's happened at this point in time. It's important we lay down the foundations for the site to build on, and part of those foundations rests in the moderation team. We need to learn to be strong, we need to experience every possible situation so we're ready for anything. If those foundations crumble, the rest of the structure will topple with it.
    edited January 2011
    The more I see you post the more I like your style trx.
  • edited January 2011
    The more I see you post the more I like your style trx.

Really? What makes you say that?

I have a lot of learning to do, I think. I might already have the title of a Global Mod, but that's only part of the journey. I still need to learn and mature around here :) I see the way some people are posting on here and it makes me feel as though I'm rather insignificant as they're very smart and knowledgeable - something which I can't really see in myself.

This applies in real life too.
    edited January 2011
    At least you have the wisdom to know where your knowledge is lacking. That is more than half of the battle.
  • edited January 2011
    I said it in M&A and I will say it again, Fanglekai was a little bitch, fuck that nigga.

Seriously good riddance.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not mad, I'm glad. He was an asshole, and not in the good way either. He was a stuck up and pretentious snotty nosed prick.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh well, its a shame really. He was a solid contributor but probably shouldn't have been allowed to touch a mod spot. At least now his incompetency has been exposed and we as a community can move on.
  • edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Oh well, its a shame really. He was a solid contributor but probably shouldn't have been allowed to touch a mod spot. At least now his incompetency has been exposed and we as a community can move on.

Remind me again - why were you demodded? I always thought you've been a good staff member, on both tM and Totse.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I propose we just move on from this like normal people. I'm not going to go deleting my past threads. I got demodded just like I wanted to so thats that. I'll still post here. although I do stand by the ban I gave but internet grudges are lame.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    @trx: because I banned everybody including you for lulz. I knew all the damage I did could be reversed when I did it though, wouldn't have otherwise. I actually kind of want to be a mod here now, but Ill have to wait until I get my internet back to earn it. I've been posting from my phone.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I propose we just move on from this like normal people. I'm not going to go deleting my past threads. I got demodded just like I wanted to so thats that. I'll still post here. although I do stand by the ban I gave but internet grudges are lame.

^That, the only redeeming thing about this whole fiasco was Dirty proved yet again how great he is in coming back <3.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    What else is there, DirtySanchez, except a barren wasteland and a great sea of fools and kidiots out there? When you get right down to it, the whole point of a bulletin board and a community is good conversation that makes ya think, and you already do that just fine!
  • edited January 2011

I'm glad you're being cool about this whole thing, I always liked you as a poster so it would have sucked to see you go. I'm sure in good time things will cool down and maybe you will consider being a mod again, until then I'm just happy to have you around.
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    I actually kind of want to be a mod here now, but Ill have to wait until I get my internet back to earn it. I've been posting from my phone.

Same goes for you, I've always thought you were cool and worthy of modship.
    edited January 2011
    Fagly blew it when he removed content in a temper tantrum over something that happened to DS.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Dfg, instead of saying that Fanglekai shit all over totse maybe you should log onto #rimjobs real quick and hear his story and resolve things in a nice conversation. Making a hate thread solves nothing and it makes you look a bit mean and nasty. I love (pretty much) all of the mods/global mods/admins here and I think that we all need to work as a team and actually listen to each other's opinions on certain topics rather then sticking to one rule and never changing it. I'm pretty god damn pissed over all of this too but I'm definitely not pissed at Fangly or Dirty because they just wanted to make this site better and keep our threads clean of bullshit. If two mods quit over it, I would take that as a motherfucking serious sign that something isn't working like you thought it was. Come to #rimjobs and try to work it out like an adult because pointless bitching gets you nowhere in life. You of all people should know this.

I had a bitch of a day and I had to vent out some where. I am open for talk but I really need to sleep :). I will talk with him when things cool down. Not really mad at him. I just didn't like what happened and deleting posts just sends me to the edge :(. I wouldn't have removed him from Mod status but I was forced into doing that :(. I am sure there is a misunderstanding some place but I think it's better if we start over and cool down for a while. These threads will be a reminder for everyone including me and I am sure this will end in few hours.

I will change the title and add a few lines to make amends :).
    edited January 2011
    I vote that the mods in question have probably cooled off somewhat, and have had time to think about this, and should be offered reinstatement on the basis of their long-time service to the community here. If they happen to go off course again, as do we all, they can always be removed again easily enough. But I would point out some advice to these mods in question: this community is still in its tender stages, so it is critical that valid content not be hampered, even if we do not like the looks of it, or the way it's put together. Try to look at the thought the poster is trying to get across rather than how they are saying it. As long as they are delivering something... anything at all... then that's something. And if they're off-topic once in awhile... BIG DEAL... if they are saying something that allows somebody else to walk away with something, then so be it. If we look at The Dark Rodent's test project, we can see that the posts there were surely lacking, but they were NOT spam. Spam is an idiot who goes around all over the discussion forums posting "lol! u MADD!" and "touch my bumhole!", and who's only intent is to disrupt threads with meaningless garbage. And sure, everybody's gonna make a post that's meaningless garbage once in awhile... no matter how intelligent or proper... but if there's no pattern to it then it's not spammage or flooding, it's just plain old stupidity. None of us are perfect, and none of us are gonna ever be the poster-boy for decorum and propriety. Also, as I said, it's important to look past the format of the post itself to the inner message coming across within, if any.
  • edited January 2011
    They have already been offered reinstatement on the basis that they chose to resign.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    Is anything being done about all the lost content? Can it be recovered when/if fanglekai cools down?
    edited January 2011
    I think it was all already recovered hours ago by Dfg.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Is anything being done about all the lost content? Can it be recovered when/if fanglekai cools down?
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    I think it was all already recovered hours ago by Dfg.

I restored the content but it's hidden at the moment. Once everything cool down I will talk with fanglekai and if he wants restore the threads otherwise move the posts.
    edited January 2011
    I don't see how the DarkRodent's sock puppet's posts were off topic as Hellish is saying they are. Maybe one of them was, but the others were just poorly put together. Was grammar the problem, or was it the strange way of talking that did the trick?
    edited January 2011
    I don't see how the DarkRodent's sock puppet's posts were off topic as Hellish is saying they are. Maybe one of them was, but the others were just poorly put together. Was grammar the problem, or was it the strange way of talking that did the trick?

It had nothing to do with the thread. It made no sense. The only purpose it served was to derail the thread. It was also an Alt account/.
    edited January 2011
    I made sense of them just fine. What I think is that you don't want them to make sense. C'mon, now... be honest with yourself. Let's not be trying to pound round pegs into square holes.
    edited January 2011
    I made sense of them just fine. What I think is that you don't want them to make sense. C'mon, now... be honest with yourself. Let's not be trying to pound round pegs into square holes.

:facepalm: The ban was justified even though I acted like an idiot afterwards. It was not on topic and had no place in the serious forums. SG and HB fine. You do realize he was an alt account as well right? That shouldn't be allowed. I don't care that he reversed the ban but too then go and threaten to ban me is what pissed me off.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yea Fanglekii was the Calatron of Totse.info if that makes sense to anyone here?
    edited January 2011
    :facepalm: The ban was justified even though I acted like an idiot afterwards. It was not on topic and had no place in the serious forums. SG and HB fine. You do realize he was an alt account as well right? That shouldn't be allowed. I don't care that he reversed the ban but too then go and threaten to ban me is what pissed me off.
    Let's not forget the facts in our great haste to judgement here. tDR actually obtained approval to use the sock puppet, as long as the posts were on topic. So you can't very well burn his ass off for multiple account usage if his posts were on topic. And I still say that although the format was complete shit, there was still content to them... poor as they were. Were they all off-topic? Nope.