New Mod Positions

DfgDfg Admin
edited January 2011 in Help and Suggestions
As you can see this community is growing and we're always looking for fresh users willing to contribute on Totse. I am going to start a Moderation Review and then I will start adding new mods. I am not going to flood Totse with mods but you will see mods in empty sections.

Being a Mod is different on Totse. We expect you to contribute and run you forums in a manner that makes it productive. We expect you to follow the Moderation Guide in the FAQ and also work in the best interest of the community. We hate anyone who abuses power and if you're thinking you will start banning people left and right you're wrong.

Everyone is equal here :).

So, if you want some features that will help you make your content better and if you really want to contribute then pick any section you want and start posting.

Unlike before new mods will be screened before they're allowed to use all the features. I am going to make a Test Moderation Group and place the new mods there. This is to ensure that the core community remains protected.

We love our users and the last thing we want is to harm them in anyway. Users with +5000 posts and a Mod status will get e-mail account and access to CMS as a contributor.

Users contributing or making text-files will be given access as well.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's always good to see things moving forward. There's quite a few people who deserve promotions. On the other end of the spectrum however, there should be a 'Faggot' title for certain people :o (I kid I kid)
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    Requesting the following moderators be removed and placed back to regular status:

abusername [hasn't posted for over two months]
    Pig [hasn't posted for over two months]
    Anal Probe Deluxe [two posts in past two months, last post a month ago]
    LavaRed [hasn't posted in two months]
    Erorr [one off-topic post for the past month]
    FrY [hasn't posted for two months]
    muffins [one post since mid-December]

Moderators should be active and posting every day, no excuses.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Requesting the following moderators be removed and placed back to regular status:

There was a thread about this a while back. Inactive mods were supposed to have been removed already.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011

I agree with this post. Seriously if you haven't posted in 2 months you shouldn't be mod.
    edited January 2011
    Ya.. IMO, fr0st_Byte needs a wakup call as well. Two posts in two months just ain't gonna cut it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Okay, I will remove some.
  • edited January 2011
    In the future, if someone isn't committing to their duties then they should receive some kind of heads-up, letting them know that they risk being removed from the team. This could be in the form of both and Email and a PM, or something.
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    In the future, if someone isn't committing to their duties then they should receive some kind of heads-up, letting them know that they risk being removed from the team. This could be in the form of both and Email and a PM, or something.
    I say fuck 'em. They've already shown their true colors. No need to to do a rinse and repeat. Ya, I know.. life's a bitch.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Dead wood is dead wood and ya' gotta clear it out.
    edited January 2011
    What really gets me is mods here like Erorr who completely abandon this place in favor of Zoklet. They're quite active on Zok's webspace, but they can't even take a minute to make a token post in two months here. Now... a regular... I can understand that... may not want to put his money in the bank until he's reasonably sure the bank will take care of it... but when you decide to take on a responsibility somewhere you should be following through. That's just what we don't need here on the staff... people that don't follow through, especially with the mess that is Zoklet in mind.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I will send them PM and request them to be more active or just step down if they can't work it out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Testing Google Map Integration

[map]37.0625,-95.677068&spn=51.089971,79.013672&z=4[/map]

Done :)
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    ^ NICE dude.
    edited January 2011
    That already happened over a month ago. I brought the issue up in M&A and several inactive mods were removed, but not all of them. We had to respond to a PM from dfg.

I suggest removing all of the inactive mods and then finding new ones from the pool of regulars.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    I would like you to know I'm always here. :)
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I would like you to know I'm always here. :)

I vote Gare Bear to mod the Digimon forum :D
  • edited January 2011
    That map integration is awesome, this could go brilliantly with the Totse Shelter thread.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I vote Gare Bear to mod the Digimon forum :D
    :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    That map integration is awesome, this could go brilliantly with the Totse Shelter thread.

I added that keeping it in mind.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9436
    edited January 2011
    What really gets me is mods here like Erorr who completely abandon this place in favor of Zoklet. They're quite active on Zok's webspace, but they can't even take a minute to make a token post in two months here. Now... a regular... I can understand that... may not want to put his money in the bank until he's reasonably sure the bank will take care of it... but when you decide to take on a responsibility somewhere you should be following through. That's just what we don't need here on the staff... people that don't follow through, especially with the mess that is Zoklet in mind.

Good point. What pissed me off was how when this place first started everyone was joining and talking about how we can build this place up and how zoklet sucked. Then everyone went right back to zoklet within a couple weeks. Instead of sticking around and trying to help build this place they left. I do frequent totse2 I'll admit but I post here a lot more.
    edited January 2011
    That was pretty fucking annoying. If people want this place to thrive they need to stay, post, and get others to join. Help advertise or generate content. Do something.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectral for Bad Ideas-Has experience.
    edited January 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Spectral for Bad Ideas-Has experience.
    Heheh... thanks, Gary Oak... but I'd hold off on that for now. There's lots of people here who would have a huge hissy fit if I took over modding a forum, and there's already enough mods/admins per user/forum to not really have to worry about it too much at this point. Wouldn't be worth the return. Things could change down the road... we'll see...
    edited January 2011
    One thing is certain, great care must be taken in choosing any mods from this point forward to ensure power trips are not taken that will threaten the community's well being.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Pm'ed two users for modship.

Trx110 and Mayberry are now officially Global Mods. They will work with Bk and LSA king to resolve issues.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for the promotion, I'll try my best to do the job properly. I might need to quick chat with you to learn the basics - I'm not very experienced with being a Global-Mod on a V-bulletin forum.

If you have any pointers for me then PM me or something. I'll also read through the moderation guide as well just to make sure I've got all that down.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the promotion, I'll try my best to do the job properly. I might need to quick chat with you to learn the basics - I'm not very experienced with being a Global-Mod on a V-bulletin forum.

If you have any pointers for me then PM me or something. I'll also read through the moderation guide as well just to make sure I've got all that down.

I will make a Global Mod guide lol :).

I might do a video as well.
  • edited January 2011
    Can you narrate it with an awesome paki voice, in the style of a call-center? ;)
    edited January 2011
    Can you narrate it with an awesome paki voice, in the style of a call-center? ;)

That would be epic, and do it with a deep manly voice but identify yourself as Peggy.
  • edited January 2011
    I've been wanting to be a mod of Bad Ideas for over five fucking years now. God knows I'm 'qualified' enough. :angry:
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to help out in any way I can. Last time I was modded I just used it to ban everybody for shits and giggles but I'm really committed to this community now. Also I have experience, I moderated the crime board the-militia with trx for a very long time, who can vouch for me.
    edited January 2011
    As Dfg has stated time and time again, if you want to moderate a forum... prove you belong there! Contribute! Take a minute or two in the forum of your liking to make an interesting thread that people can add their thoughts to! Do it every day! Make the effort and you will be noticed! Yes, being a mod has a certain amount of authority and open space to make a difference to it, but there is much more to it than that. Can you lead in your field? Do you have thin skin? Does insults bother you? Can you endure a heated debate without cracking? Do you seethe in anger when somebody says something that goes against your deepest beliefs, and if so, how would you go about addressing that? Can you walk in another man's shoes? Can you set an example? How many minutes can you last with a woman? These are all very fine questions which first need quantifiable answers.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I've been wanting to be a mod of Bad Ideas for over five fucking years now. God knows I'm 'qualified' enough. :angry:

As per new modding conditions. You will need to contribute for a week in the section you want to mod. This will give us a better idea of your capabilities. We just need contributors at the moment. Same applies to everyone. If I want I can mod 10 new users but I need to check everyone before I take any steps. I will however make a demi-mod group for new mods so they can get used to the system without getting fucked or basically fuck Totse. This new precaution might limit the damage.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    As Dfg has stated time and time again, if you want to moderate a forum... prove you belong there! Contribute! Take a minute or two in the forum of your liking to make an interesting thread that people can add their thoughts to! Do it every day! Make the effort and you will be noticed! Yes, being a mod has a certain amount of authority and open space to make a difference to it, but there is much more to it than that. Can you lead in your field? Do you have thin skin? Does insults bother you? Can you endure a heated debate without cracking? Do you seethe in anger when somebody says something that goes against your deepest beliefs, and if so, how would you go about addressing that? Can you walk in another man's shoes? Can you set an example? How many minutes can you last with a woman? These are all very fine questions which first need quantifiable answers.

^This and ^THIS AND MORE OF ^THIS!
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Expect a ton more posts from me when I get internet back. :thumbsup: I've been posting from my phone which a true pain in the ass.
    edited January 2011
    I think it's seriously time for a group hug.

Takers?
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited January 2011
    *Makes out with SpectraL*
    edited January 2011
    I don't touch...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    *looks for a place to hide*

inb4rape.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Totse orgy! (No homo)
    edited January 2011
    Owwwkaaayyyyyyy.... ON TOPIC we have several vouches from members that they are soon going to do their best to make an interesting thread once in awhile which others might share in, and based on this kind of initiative we can then better see who is who, and who should be what, and what should be who, and what shoul... *knocks head twice sharply on wall* ... and then we will have a better understanding of who belongs where doing what.
    edited January 2011
    For some reason I still have mod powers in NOTW.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    ^My bad :). Fixed.

New Demi-Mods added.

Demi mods can't ban users and they're restricted from accessing M&A [for security reasons] but I will fix that one after some discussion and background checking.
  • edited January 2011

Eat my shit. Of course I can do all that, and have been since contributing to that forum since 2005.
    edited January 2011
    Eat my shit....
    I'll have to pass on that offer, son. Never did like corn anyways. And, oh, I'm glad to hear you are so hardcore. If you hadn't of told me I might never had known! Keep me updated as you get tougher!
    edited January 2011
    Oh, yeah... the loser...

My Mom Is Dead [one post a month just doesn't cut it]
  • edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Expect a ton more posts from me when I get internet back. :thumbsup: I've been posting from my phone which a true pain in the ass.

How long until you get your internet back dude?
    As for vouching for you - you've got my back 100 percent. A lot of the stuff I've seen you post is pure gold, and you served your purpose as a mod at tM very well.

Looking forward to the content :)
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah still waiting for dfg to offer me mod
    edited January 2011
    Seeing as how it looks like some changes were made to the infraction system. Temp bans for instance that allow a mod to actually do there job I have rethought my decision to resign. If you'd rather me not then thats fine too.
  • edited January 2011
    Seeing as how it looks like some changes were made to the infraction system. Temp bans for instance that allow a mod to actually do there job I have rethought my decision to resign. If you'd rather me not then thats fine too.

I didn't add the Temp ban option but if you want that added it can be taken care off. I don't mind remodding you but you will have to wait a few hours or a day. I am going to make some revisions in the rules and I might add a Mod website agreement. These are just some precautions that I need to add to limit more problems in the future. I could mod you right now but I am self banned and the features you requested aren't in place yet :).

Gimme a day to figure things out.