ATTN: Fans of the shitty fagant

2»

Comments

• acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    Horseshit. 1911s have functioned fine since the 1980s, even budget shit like RIA and Taurus.

That said I prefer my 92m.

RIA may be budget, but they are pretty respected around the interwebs. I have one and absoluetly love it. I hated my M9.
  • edited January 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    RIA may be budget, but they are pretty respected around the interwebs. I have one and absoluetly love it. I hated my M9.

Caliber whore detected. Don't use FMJ for self defense AS YOU WOULD AVOID DOING FOR ANY CALIBER and the Beretta is one of the finest pistols available today. And stop using garbage brand mags.
  • 5.56 SS1095.56 SS109 Regular
    edited January 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    Yea but you shouldn't kill a mosquito with a sledgehammer, its bad for your house.

Tell that to the guy with the full power .30 caliber rifle or the .357 Magnum with "hot" loads.

I'm just the guy advocating standard velocity 9mm and intermediate .223 caliber rifles.

:o
    edited January 2011
    Caliber whore detected. Don't use FMJ for self defense AS YOU WOULD AVOID DOING FOR ANY CALIBER and the Beretta is one of the finest pistols available today. And stop using garbage brand mags.

Nah, I like the .45 and The 9mil. I may have been issued a crappy M9, but the fucker jammed constantly. But I did like the feel of it. And yes obviously, with RIA, toss the included mags and buy some decent ones.

That's with anything though. With my M4 and M16SDM I tossed the GI mags and bought some Pmags. The GI mags I did use, I crushed after use and tossed.
    edited January 2011

And I've never had problems with FMJ. Seems to kill just fine to me. Hit center mass and they'll go down. Can't use HP in the .mil and I never cared for them anyway, feeding issues and all.
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Seriously dirty sanchez, it's like you read every troll post ever made on a gun forum and took that to be your entire weapons knowledge. I don't even believe you own any guns. You seriously can't rap your brain around concepts like handmade vs mass produced and inches of penetration for reliable self defense. Just shoot him again if it doesn't stop him as you put it. I'm goingg to assume you've never shot in a combat situation. Hitting moving targets in a high stress environment is terrifying and difficult. In Iraq and Afghanistan our soldiers fire nearly 250,000 rounds for every one kill they confirm.
    Most gun owners hit the range way less than even the most desk bound soldier, so take from that what you will.
    Any gun is dangerous you said. No shit they're dangerous, so are thrown rocks, that doesn't mean i would prefer a thrown rock to a modern firearm since they can both kill.

and spazz are you eight? You are only acceptable if you are in 6th grade or below, otherwise the fact that you pretend to have any working knowledge of firearms is just embarrassing, but at least they didn't have you moderate a forum on the subject unlike sanchez who it seems only understands the shooting sciences slightly better than my aunt who called my mossberg plinkster a machine gun. You however probably would see my plinkster and ask what kind of clips it takes.

I only joined this site to post about how neither of you know anything about the shooting sports.

And seriously sanchez, as a poster you are bad, and whoever made you a mod should feel bad.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    p6867 wrote: »
    Seriously dirty sanchez, it's like you read every troll post ever made on a gun forum and took that to be your entire weapons knowledge. I don't even believe you own any guns. You seriously can't rap your brain around concepts like handmade vs mass produced and inches of penetration for reliable self defense. Just shoot him again if it doesn't stop him as you put it. I'm goingg to assume you've never shot in a combat situation. Hitting moving targets in a high stress environment is terrifying and difficult. In Iraq and Afghanistan our soldiers fire nearly 250,000 rounds for every one kill they confirm.
    Most gun owners hit the range way less than even the most desk bound soldier, so take from that what you will.
    Any gun is dangerous you said. No shit they're dangerous, so are thrown rocks, that doesn't mean i would prefer a thrown rock to a modern firearm since they can both kill.

and spazz are you eight? You are only acceptable if you are in 6th grade or below, otherwise the fact that you pretend to have any working knowledge of firearms is just embarrassing, but at least they didn't have you moderate a forum on the subject unlike sanchez who it seems only understands the shooting sciences slightly better than my aunt who called my mossberg plinkster a machine gun. You however probably would see my plinkster and ask what kind of clips it takes.

I only joined this site to post about how neither of you know anything about the shooting sports.

And seriously sanchez, as a poster you are bad, and whoever made you a mod should feel bad.

I made him a mod and I don't feel bad about it. He doesn't mod the Weapons Section. He mods another section. being a mod doesn't change anything here. Stop judging people by status.

I am neutral in this debate.
  • edited January 2011

You are an idiot. I don't feel like pointing out why but just know that you are a fucking moron.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Like I said before I never claimed the Mosin to be the best or only weapon suited for defense. All I'm saying is that to call it a shitty gun is fucking retarded and that it is suited for a defense situation. That being said I prefer the Mosin or the Mauser to a semi auto carbine. Also lol at claiming I don't own guns because I disagree with your position:facepalm:
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I made him a mod and I don't feel bad about it. He doesn't mod the Weapons Section. He mods another section. being a mod doesn't change anything here. Stop judging people by status.

I am neutral in this debate.

I judged no one by their status. He's terrible and posts about things he knows nothing about and has done no research on as though his ill informed view is fact. That is what bad posters on the internet do. The fact that he is a moderator and posts like that sucks as i can't imagine he doesn't post his opinions as truth in the forum he does moderate. But maybe i'm wrong as shit, about how he posts elsewhere in which case i apologize DFG, but regardless, he has no place posting threads in my W&C, linking to this thread, where our mod handed him his ass and using it as a reference to why our mod sucks and doesn't know anything about firearms to start drama.
    http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?p=2392226#post2392226
    You are an idiot. I don't feel like pointing out why but just know that you are a fucking moron.

The only thing i didn't explain well in that is that 250,000 are fired for each kill confirmed because half are at rocks that someone saw move and the other half are used for suppressive fire. I did 3 tours and have been involved in the shooting sports since i was 6. I know my shit.
    If it's shit i didn't know about his site, like how Sanchez is not a moderator on this forum, then yeah i didn't know that at the time. But the fact that he is a moderator who knows so little about firearms and then acts like he is knowledgeable doesn't bode well for him in general as either a poster or mod, that's what shitty people on the internet do. Try and look knowledgeable about a wide variety of subjects when in reality they are quite limited.
    edited January 2011
    I own guns. I've shot guns for years therefore I'm qualified to post on a weapons forum. Also on totse we have the freedom of speech. Get that through you're head. That means even as a mod I have the right to disagree with you and call you a dumbass if I want to.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Also lawl thinking you mod W&C :facepalm: Apparently mods on other forums only post in their own section :o People post all over the place here on whatever topics they're interested in. Not everyone is an expert on every subject, but at least we can have discussion on topics. If people are wrong, others can set them straight. Being a mod doesn't mean you're an expert on other sections of the site.
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Also lawl thinking you mod W&C :facepalm: Apparently mods on other forums only post in their own section :o People post all over the place here on whatever topics they're interested in. Not everyone is an expert on every subject, but at least we can have discussion on topics. If people are wrong, others can set them straight. Being a mod doesn't mean you're an expert on other sections of the site.
    He speaks to people who are experts at this subject as though he is as well and also knows better than us, he's not a poster asking a question trying to learn, he's a poster giving bad information and opinions that don't make a lot of sense as though they are holy writ which cannot be challenged. He accused someone with tons of expertise of having no knowledge on this topic when he was corrected about a misconception he had. He then bragged about that on another forum with the context cut out to make that user look like an ass, but really only reaffirmed to anyone knowledgeable in the shooting and combat skills that he is in fact a moron. Now that i understand he doesn't mod this section that makes more sense, but it makes him only slightly less of a fucking retard.
  • Tenage wastelandTenage wasteland New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    He speaks to people who are experts at this subject as though he is as well and also knows better than us, he's not a poster asking a question trying to learn, he's a poster giving bad information and opinions that don't make a lot of sense as though they are holy writ which cannot be challenged. He accused someone with tons of expertise of having no knowledge on this topic when he was corrected about a misconception he had. He then bragged about that on another forum with the context cut out to make that user look like an ass, but really only reaffirmed to anyone knowledgeable in the shooting and combat skills that he is in fact a moron. Now that i understand he doesn't mod this section that makes more sense, but it makes him only slightly less of a fuxking retard.

you sound like a real ass.
    edited January 2011
    you sound like a real ass.

He's just butthurt that someone disagrees with his COD knowledge. In reality he dosn't know shit about shooting. Although I do admit I was wrong about that tommy gun thing other than that he's pretty much retarded. He takes opinion to be fact and is part of that whole "I need Navy Seal quality weapons or nothing".
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    You use a nagant for home defense. You had to ask if the stock was hollow for cutting it down. How do you not realize how stupid that is?
    edited January 2011
    You use a nagant for home defense. You had to ask if the stock was hollow for cutting it down. How do you not realize how stupid that is?

Actually I use a wingmaster or a Mauser for home defense but I would gladly use the Nagant.
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    You didn't know if your nagant had a hollow stock. You said the Thompson wasn't accurate. You got pissy about 5.56 referring to the FBI penetration guidelines and called it Rambo shit.
  • edited January 2011
    How do you not know if it's got a hollow stock? Son you must be pants on head retarded.
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    If there was a thanks option, I would give you one.
    edited January 2011
    This is getting a little out of hand. Jesus.

Take your dumbassed shit slinging somewhere else.

I have problems with Sanchez's shit as much as the next guy. But I don't see the point of dragging it out for two pages calling him a dumbass. This is the internet, even if you win a shit slinging contest, you still loose. And in case you never figured it out, I'm the mod here, so shut the fuck up with this whiney ass shit.
  • edited January 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    This is getting a little out of hand. Jesus.

Take your dumbassed shit slinging somewhere else.

I have problems with Sanchez's shit as much as the next guy. But I don't see the point of dragging it out for two pages calling him a dumbass. This is the internet, even if you win a shit slinging contest, you still loose. And in case you never figured it out, I'm the mod here, so shut the fuck up with this whiney ass shit.

How about you shut the fuck up you ugly fucking knuckledragging half nigger retard? Sanchez is getting half of what you deserve.
    edited January 2011
    How about you shut the fuck up you ugly fucking knuckledragging half nigger retard? Sanchez is getting half of what you deserve.

CoolStoryBro.jpg
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    Rolf suggests all nagant owners use Fatty for a good, human-sized target. When you're finished, Fatty can continue telling us how poor one of the better WWII era bolt-action rifles is, states Rolf.
  • edited January 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Rolf suggests all nagant owners use Fatty for a good, human-sized target. When you're finished, Fatty can continue telling us how poor one of the better WWII era bolt-action rifles is, states Rolf.

I don't think anyone here would actually suggest that the Mosin is one of the better WWII era bolt actions simply because it was already 50 years old when Germany attacked the Soviet Union. Stick to your persona and stay out of serious bzns threads.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think anyone here would actually suggest that the Mosin is one of the better WWII era bolt actions simply because it was already 50 years old when Germany attacked the Soviet Union. Stick to your persona and stay out of serious bzns threads.

Well, states Rolf, at least it's better than uh... the Carcano and that French abomination, states Rolf. Have it the way of thou though, Rolf will refrain from posting in this thread again, states Rolf.
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Seriously the nagant is a decent rifle. If Vasily Zaytsev took out 242 verified germans with it, it cant be that shitty. The reason they are so cheap is that the russians didnt destroy them like we did with out 1903's and M1's so the market is literally flooded with them. My mosin doesnt jam, can take out a shit ton of abuse, and has already been through a war. im not gonna say my mosin is better than your AR because different time frames and all but my PSL will kick ur AR's ass anyday.
  • edited January 2011
    Mr. Moo wrote: »
    Seriously the nagant is a decent rifle. If Vasily Zaytsev took out 242 verified germans with it, it cant be that shitty. The reason they are so cheap is that the russians didnt destroy them like we did with out 1903's and M1's so the market is literally flooded with them. My mosin doesnt jam, can take out a shit ton of abuse, and has already been through a war. im not gonna say my mosin is better than your AR because different time frames and all but my PSL will kick ur AR's ass anyday.

Not if my AR were an AR-10 :o:o:o:o
    Anyways, I don't think the Mosin is a bad rifle. I think it's an amazing rifle for the price, I just don't pretend it's:
    A) Even among the best of the bolt actions from WWII
    B) Ideal for defensive usage
    edited January 2011

The PSL and the AR15 are two completely different rifles, they are not even remotely similar and really can't be compared.

And I guarantee my pencil barrel AR15 carbine will group better than your PSL at any distance.

The PSL does nothing well.

Yeah it kind of looks like a Dragunov, but that is where the similarities end.

They don't group well at all and the fact that you used (Dragunov) in your thread shows that you are pretending that it IS a Dragunov.

The PSL is not accurate enough to be a DMR and it is too long with too little capacity to be a front line rifle.

And the kill count for Russian snipers is generally inflated for propaganda purposes. Kind of like the Chinese flaunting their new "F-35 killer" stealth fight :facepalm:
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Not if my AR were an AR-10 :o:o:o:o
    Anyways, I don't think the Mosin is a bad rifle. I think it's an amazing rifle for the price, I just don't pretend it's:
    A) Even among the best of the bolt actions from WWII
    B) Ideal for defensive usage

Yes i agree their are better rifles out there than the nagant definitely! I think for a 100 bucks though you will not find anything as good. id trust my life to a mosin nagant over a high point anyday. I thinks its a great gun for starting out with because.
    A. The rifle is cheap
    B. Ammo is cheap.
    c. Accuracy is reasonable
    d. Powerful round.
    e. if it breaks just get another one.
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    The PSL and the AR15 are two completely different rifles, they are not even remotely similar and really can't be compared

A. Well yes they are an PSL is a designated marksman rifle it should be more comparable to an M14 since we are starting to use those down in Afghanistan again.

And I guarantee my pencil barrel AR15 carbine will group better than your PSL at any distance.

A. Here is a link to a grouping at 600 meters of a PSL. I think i could beat you farther out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktaH0kdKV80&playnext=1&list=PLC86E07D29865C0A6&index=5

A. It fulfills the role of designated marksman pretty well. It was supposed to serve the purpose of taking out high value targets quickly and have more distance and penetration than the regular AKM individuals in the squad. Russian military doctrine is different than the U.S.( i know its Romanian, but they were under the Soviet sphere of influence). Im sure it can penetrate a hell lot better than a ar 15. I have heard a ton of soldiers from Iraq tell me how the 5.56 doesn't penetrate well since it like to be light and tumble around which is great for unexposed flesh horrible if the guys behind a brick wall. The PSL can definitely reach em better behind protection.

A. Yes I know, the psl and the Russian dragunov have h=few things in common. They use the same round, they have 10 round magazines, and serve the same purpose. But they have completely different internals. The PSL is more related to an AK than a dragunov. But that doesnt mean it doesn't shoot well.

They don't group well at all and the fact that you used (Dragunov) in your thread shows that you are pretending that it IS a Dragunov.

A. See the video above. He used Surplus ammo to achieve those results too. The reason i used the word Dragunov wasn't because I think i own one. its because if i used Dragunov i thought it would generate more buzz since alot more people have heard of a Dragunov than have heard of a PSL 54C.

The PSL is not accurate enough to be a DMR and it is too long with too little capacity to be a front line rifle.

A. See the above video. It is accurate enough to be a DMR for sure. Plenty of sources for that. I dont see how capacity is an issue 10 round magazines are decent and the fact that you can switch them out just as quickly as anyone with an assault rifle is pretty good in my opinion. Its not a front line troop weapon nor is it a sniper rifle. Its job was to support a squad of soldiers by taking out targets at distances that the regular squad could not accurately take down. Or Harass an enemy machine gun nest so your squad can move into position. Take out the lead officer in your enemies squad.

And the kill count for Russian snipers is generally inflated for propaganda purposes. Kind of like the Chinese flaunting their new "F-35 killer" stealth fight

A. That may be true i have no way of knowing that for sure. The scary thing about China is that it really is only a matter of time before they surpass the United States. But I think that stealth fighter is only in some sort of testing stage and it will be years before a real prototype is flying.
    edited January 2011
    Well yes they are an PSL is a designated marksman rifle it should be more comparable to an M14 since we are starting to use those down in Afghanistan again.

Here is a link to a grouping at 600 meters of a PSL. I think i could beat you farther out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktaH0kdKV80&playnext=1&list=PLC86E07D29865C0A6&index=5

It fulfills the role of designated marksman pretty well. It was supposed to serve the purpose of taking out high value targets quickly and have more distance and penetration than the regular AKM individuals in the squad. Russian military doctrine is different than the U.S.( i know its Romanian, but they were under the Soviet sphere of influence). Im sure it can penetrate a hell lot better than a ar 15. I have heard a ton of soldiers from Iraq tell me how the 5.56 doesn't penetrate well since it like to be light and tumble around which is great for unexposed flesh horrible if the guys behind a brick wall. The PSL can definitely reach em better behind protection.

- It is pretty sick and twisted to compare a PSL to an M21 or USMC DMR. The M14 based DMRs print groups tighter at 100 yards than the majority of PSLs will do at 25 yards. I have talked to a guy with a Dragunov Tigr and he said 2 inches at 100 is about the best actual Dragunovs can hope for. The majority of PSL groups I see are in the 3-5 inch range, because the rifles as sloppy as shit.

- One cherry picked 600 yard group put up on Youtube by someone who isn't even you doesn't prove anything, the majority of PSLs are barely capable of keeping the entire magazine inside a body sized target at 600 yards.

- So you plan on taking out high value targets at some point? Never, ever, will you have to take a long distance shot against someone, so the fact that the 7.62R can do so doesn't matter much.

The AR15 makes a great home defense rifle. The PSL, not so much.

Really the PSL is pointless. I can do a hell of a lot more recreational stuff with the AR15. I can drop a .22 kit in it to plink and I can pop groundhogs with it with the .223 bolt in (because it will actually hit groundhog sized targets reliably). It is also light and handy enough to be relied on for home defense.

Now, like I said, the PSL is a cool rifle for blasting up cheap ammo at water filled milk jugs. But I really think you are expecting a bit too much of a rifle you probably haven't even shot yet. It won't even compare to the accuracy of even a standard out-of-the-box M1A with a scope and M80 ball.

It's not a DMR, it's a big AK that can launch the round about 3 times as far and only a bit more accurately.
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    The PSL and the AR15 are two completely different rifles, they are not even remotely similar and really can't be compared

A. Well yes they are an PSL is a designated marksman rifle it should be more comparable to an M14 since we are starting to use those down in Afghanistan again.

A. Here is a link to a grouping at 600 meters of a PSL. I think i could beat you farther out.

A. It fulfills the role of designated marksman pretty well. It was supposed to serve the purpose of taking out high value targets quickly and have more distance and penetration than the regular AKM individuals in the squad. Russian military doctrine is different than the U.S.( i know its Romanian, but they were under the Soviet sphere of influence). Im sure it can penetrate a hell lot better than a ar 15. I have heard a ton of soldiers from Iraq tell me how the 5.56 doesn't penetrate well since it like to be light and tumble around which is great for unexposed flesh horrible if the guys behind a brick wall. The PSL can definitely reach em better behind protection.

A. Yes I know, the psl and the Russian dragunov have h=few things in common. They use the same round, they have 10 round magazines, and serve the same purpose. But they have completely different internals. The PSL is more related to an AK than a dragunov. But that doesnt mean it doesn't shoot well.

A. See the video above. He used Surplus ammo to achieve those results too. The reason i used the word Dragunov wasn't because I think i own one. its because if i used Dragunov i thought it would generate more buzz since alot more people have heard of a Dragunov than have heard of a PSL 54C.

A. See the above video. It is accurate enough to be a DMR for sure. Plenty of sources for that. I dont see how capacity is an issue 10 round magazines are decent and the fact that you can switch them out just as quickly as anyone with an assault rifle is pretty good in my opinion. Its not a front line troop weapon nor is it a sniper rifle. Its job was to support a squad of soldiers by taking out targets at distances that the regular squad could not accurately take down. Or Harass an enemy machine gun nest so your squad can move into position. Take out the lead officer in your enemies squad.

And the kill count for Russian snipers is generally inflated for propaganda purposes. Kind of like the Chinese flaunting their new "F-35 killer" stealth fight

A. That may be true i have no way of knowing that for sure. The scary thing about China is that it really is only a matter of time before they surpass the United States. But I think that stealth fighter is only in some sort of testing stage and it will be years before a real prototype is flying.

Are you fucking with me? The PSL is a piece of shit. It's a knockoff of a rifle that is pretty much the most useless overpriced goddamn rifle i've ever used. I can get an FN FAL or M1A for less than the PSL.

Harass an enemy machine gun nest? Sure you can harass it, that's all, you sure aren't going to be making reliable shots to end the threat outside the effective range of a .30+ caliber machine gun with this weapon.

As far as i know the PSL's only real good quality is that it's reliable. Awesome, I'm not an ignorant eastern European conscript, i can maintain my firearm, making that irrelevant.

It's ok to say you just think it looks cool. I have a couple of POS guns because they look cool.
    edited January 2011
    I can get an FN FAL or M1A for less than the PSL.

Then you need to inform me of where you get your hardware from then. A PSL will run you about $600 USD and a USED M1A about $1500-$1600. You're local shop is either full of crooks overcharging, or crooks moving hot hardware.

Unless you meant a Dragunov, then yes. They are expensive as shit, but that's due to import regulations.

Regardless I think the M14 is a superior rifle. I'd take a de-milled M14, but they are damned expensive. The current M1A isn't really up to snuff in comparison. I'd still own one if I could find it under $900 though. That however, is very unlikely to happen these days.

EDIT: I meant to add this awhile ago. A quality AR10 or 308 chambered AR is a more reliable, and accurate weapon. The AR10's by a few manufactures have had accuracy nearly on par with current bolt rifles. It's a fantastic rifle, but not something the .mil has been willing to commit to cost wise aside for a few Ranger, and Special forces units. It's a better rifle than a SDM M14 and any of that old com bloc shit. Cost is always the main concern for our infalable leaders however. We had shit tons of M14's locked away, still a lot of money dropped on new stocks and glass though. I don't see how it could have REALLY been that much cheaper than an AR10.
    edited February 2011
    Shot a friends Mosin M44 today. Much more accurate than 90% of the 91/30's I've shot.

This thing was keeping easy groups of under 3.5 inches as 120yd on a rickety lean. The wind was a pretty stiff 20-25mph, was about 5f, and it was snowing. Needless to say it felt like mother Russia, with our ushanka's, gloves, Mosin, climate and terrain.

Overall, very surprised. I usually can't shoot very well with short sight radius rifles e.g. Mosins, k98's, and Ak's. But this rifle did well. A nice clean bore helps a ton. The wood looked like it had seen service or at least carry, but the bore was pretty clean for dealing with corrosive ammunition. Easy to sight in once you ignore the gradation marks of the rear sight.

Also. Never delt with a Carbine Mosin. Was nearly as short as my g/d issued M4. Obviously a lot heavier but on length I was surprised, had never held an M44 before. Although I will say the muzzle blast was insane. I can shoot a 5.56 all day with no problems without hearing protection. Wouldn't go near a 7.62x54 carbine without a bunch of crap jammed in my ears.

Regardless. Most fun I've had with a Mosin yet!

Also, the fireball out the muzzle once it's about dusk is insane.