Copyright Laws - They can't win the fight

AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Over the past few nights I have been going through my old VHS collection looking for rarities, old ads that are amusing now, and anything else perhaps worth preserving. My goal is to rid myself of the bulky old dinosaurs and save their contents before they become totally ruined. If I save the contents to a new format though and toss out the original I am technically breaking copyright though, right? What a scam, I got ripped off a first time for VHS and if I want to get rid of it and still own the content I am forced to buy it again? Fucked up :mad:

History of piracy I have known (and not gained from ;) ) :

- Dual Deck Cassette recorders (before my era)
- VCR...You mean I can record movies off the television and pause out the ads? Fuck YEA!
- Dual Wielding VCR's...You mean if I connect one VCR into another I can make a copy of a new release video or any video that is available when I want it?? FUCKING AYE!
- CD Burners (economically viable)...A new studio CD costs $20 and a pack of blank CD's cost $10? Fuck paying Metallica!
- P2P...Fuck you Lars UlRICH
- DVD Burners...Praise be DVD Shrink
- Torrents...Seed Plz

What's next...I think eBooks will take off in a big way, even though that's a product and not a means of pirating...and Blu Ray of course, yet I don't think it has taken off just yet...I see it picking up momentum soon.

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Ebooks are pretty common in piracy, I don't know what you're talking about lol
  • AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Ebooks are pretty common in piracy, I don't know what you're talking about lol

I meant it's going to become more mainstream because of the rise of tablet PC's and hipster scum.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I see what you mean. I don't care what anti piracy organizations do, there's going to be a future for piracy for a long time and I'm looking forward to being a part of it and seeing where things go.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    eBooks are actually considered the last bastion in which piracy hasn't completely fucked over and made easy. It's still rather complicated for eBooks which is why releases are often sporadic. I'm all for eBook piracy, god knows they'd save me hundreds every 2 1/2 months for college, but I find it too fucking difficult to read on a screen even with a 24" monitor. Just doesn't flow, and those e-Readers do a fucking shit job at making the experience any better if you ask me.
  • edited January 2011
    They couldn't win before, and the internet only makes it more impossible.