I made some cupcakes yesterday.

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited March 2011 in Life
One of our employees was haveing a going away party an requested some cupcakes.

Heres a shitty quality picture.

2wp7z3n.jpg

That shining glitter-like stuff you see on them is 24 karat gold powder, I briefly considered mixing it with cocaine and snorting it with a hundered dollar bill, cause that how I roll.

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    id snort coke and gold. and yum does look tasty. fag
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited January 2011
    Love them! Good job
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    I wanna fuck your cupcakes.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    24 carat gold on cupcakes?? Your bourgeois extravagance sickens me:mad:
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    Directions NOW
  • edited January 2011
    Okay, the cupcakes are cake mix. Just put muffin liners in a muffin pan and divide up a cake mix into them, pour it in just up 1/2 inch of the the cupcake liner and bake as per directions. Wait till they're dead cold till you try to decorate them, and trim off anything that is un-aesthetic. As for the frosting, just buy it, bought frosting has stabilizers in it, it is durable. Get a piping bag, with a star tip, a piping bag is a cone of flexible material that you put a tip into, and it makes that neat-o shit you see on the cupcakes. You're a bright boy, figure it out.

For less involved decorations, buy a box of "after 8's" and chuck a little powdered sugar on them, cutting a small V out of a piece of paper, and using it as a stencil will make a nice pattern. Don't use those little unedible cake decorations no matter how good they look.

C/O
    "just buy the fucking cupcakes"
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited January 2011
    The presentation is pretty good.... but the consistency of the frosting does not look right. And that is the simplest form of piping one can do, the cupcakes are not consistent with each other like they should be. Try something a little more advanced... even shells would be a step up. Roses are a bitch to make because you have to get the frosting consistency just right, but they are worth the effort.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    Its not like we were selling them, I wasn't going for perfect uniformity, besides I thought going to the trouble of making my own batter, making my own buttercream, making a ganache, using transfer sheets and real gold powder was "advanced" enough for a going away party. Sorry to dissapoint you.:rolleyes:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to fuck those cupcakes.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    24 carat gold on cupcakes?? Your bourgeois extravagance sickens me:mad:

If it were not for "bourgeois extravagance" you would not be able to read his post, see his cupcakes, or express your indignation.

@OP the cupcakes look good too bad they are chocolate though.
    edited January 2011
    Not a chocolate fan?
    edited January 2011
    Not a chocolate fan?

I'll eat it but I prefer "white" deserts (nothing racial). Carmel, vanilla, yellow or white cake.. that kind of thing.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    What is the fractured looking caramel stuck in the top (I hope it is not fractured caramel, how dumb would my question be?) ?
    edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    What is the fractured looking caramel stuck in the top (I hope it is not fractured caramel, how dumb would my question be?) ?

Its a hard chocolate ganache that I broke into pieces after spreading on a transfer sheet.
    edited January 2011
    I had never come across the word before. I might have a crack at making some next time I have a cooking day with friends.
    edited January 2011
    It couldn't be easier, melt some chocolate, pour it onto a flat surface and let it harden, break it or cut it into desired shape.
  • edited January 2011
    It couldn't be easier, melt some chocolate, pour it onto a flat surface and let it harden, break it or cut it into desired shape.

So is the gold powder applied using a stencil and a brush?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    So is the gold powder applied using a stencil and a brush?

It is applied with the exploitation of the proletariat.
    edited January 2011
    It is applied with the exploitation of the proletariat.

Untill you live of tic beans, rye bread and pickled cabbage, the opinion you are wiriting ITT counts for nothing - it is in fact derailing.

Kindly stop - this is neither the thread nor the forum for it.
  • edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Untill you live of tic beans, rye bread and pickled cabbage, the opinion you are wiriting ITT counts for nothing - it is in fact derailing.

Kindly stop - this is neither the thread nor the forum for it.

Sanchez' comments are welcome as long as they are relevant, and I consider the opinion of a totsean on any aspect of food to be relevant, even if it is commenting with political overtones on the extravagance of a given method.

C/O
    "now that actually sounds like 'moderating.'"
    edited January 2011
    I just dip the tip of a brush in the powder and kind of tap it over the cupcakes. Be aware of the air flow where you are using it. The powder is incredibly fine, and the slightest breeze will blow it away.
  • edited January 2011
    They got weed in 'em?
    edited January 2011
    Fuck yea they do, theres like an ounce of hash in every one.
    edited January 2011
    Fuck yea they do, theres like an ounce of hash in every one.

28 grams of hash in a cupcake?

:facepalm:
  • edited January 2011

r u upset?
    edited January 2011
    r u upset?

Why would I be upset over something that is not true?
    edited January 2011

It was meant to be idiotic.
    edited January 2011
    It was meant to be idiotic.

I was hoping that was the case but you never know...
  • edited January 2011
    About .5 g of weed per cupcake, grind fine and sauté in a little olive oil before adding. As for hash, fuck, if I could find it, I wouldn't waste it in cupcakes.
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Fuck brownies, I'm putting my weed into my cupcakes now.