Whenever I smoke weed..

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
I get extremely judgmental about myself. Like I'll analyze every move I make, everything I say, every thought I get, etc. and it's always a negative analysis when I know that it really shouldn't be. Pretty much I hate myself to an extreme whenever I smoke weed. It used to not be like this at all..this has been going on for maybe a year now, but before this started I would smoke and love everything, including myself. Now I just hate, and nitpick at everything I do. I really can't help it I've tried so many times, I want my old highs back.

Another really fucking weird thing that happens is I'll get completely random, strange, sometimes disturbing thoughts. Like they'll just come out of nowhere and I'm complete incapable of controlling them. It's scary.

I really don't know what happened to me that brought this change, but I want it to fuck off. I miss getting high and loving it. I can't even smoke with friends anymore because I just get quiet and weird.

I've been considering taking LSD as a means of getting things squared away in my psyche because I hear it can do just that, but I really don't know anymore. If I'm not stable enough to smoke weed how will I handle acid?

I want all of this to go away. I've taken steps while sober to regain my self worth and it's been working out alright, like I'm fine when I don't smoke and I'm even fine if I drink..it's only weed that gets me. When I smoke I'll try and ignore the hateful thinking and focus on whatever I'm doing but god it's hard. Small steps trying to improve my high...just isn't working. I've even decided to only smoke alone until I figure this out..but nothing helps.

Comments

• proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    let go and tell yourself you have no control...you'll see just how hilarious everything really is.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    let go and tell yourself you have no control...you'll see just how hilarious everything really is.

This actually does work sometimes, rarely though. If I don't maintain some kind of control...things just get crazy and a lot of the time what's going through my head really freaks me out or when it's self analysis I'll make myself feel really, really, really, really bad.
  • edited January 2011
    Lower your dose. A pretty easy thing to do if you are smoking alone, but much more difficult in a social setting. It took a long time for me to get the handle on this one, but I figure it goes something like this;

There are two kinds of people who smoke weed, those who are born for it, and those who indulge in it. For people who are born for weed, smoking weed just makes them more themselves, they thrive in a weed rich environment, most hold good jobs, weed is a medication they have found that keeps them happy and stable.

People who use weed less often, but still regularly, will at some point, experience "the fear", if they use too much. The fear, is a moment of unwanted introspection, a litany of self criticizing voices, a perspective on your life that makes it seem flawed and unreal. It is almost as though you are seeing your life through the eyes of a critic, and not a nice one.

Past failures present themselves in a parade of ego bashing mental dioramas as you sit sipping a beer and trying to make conversation. SMACK, that time you got up on stage and forgot your lines, BASH, that dumb remark you made at the staff meeting that you thought would be funny, POW, the time you thought you could be more than friends with that girl.

I really don't know why weed does this to me, you, and prolly a million or so other people. But it is not you, it is the weed. And all you need to do to stop it is limit your dose to a toke or two. Seriously, I stopped toking more than a couple of tokes at a time 15 years ago. One toke joke, get used to it, good friends will be fine when you wave it off, fuck the rest.

I made some brownies a while back, with some good siftings that were too coarse to go through a screen, and the dose was way too large. DMT, acid, shrooms, mescaline, crack, meth, and the whole toiletfull of drugs I have done, nothing even comes close to the absolute feeling of despondent futility that came with that headraping high.

C/O
    "No, thanks, it reminds me of my mother"
  • edited January 2011
    call dr phil
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    Lower your dose. A pretty easy thing to do if you are smoking alone, but much more difficult in a social setting. It took a long time for me to get the handle on this one, but I figure it goes something like this;

There are two kinds of people who smoke weed, those who are born for it, and those who indulge in it. For people who are born for weed, smoking weed just makes them more themselves, they thrive in a weed rich environment, most hold good jobs, weed is a medication they have found that keeps them happy and stable.

People who use weed less often, but still regularly, will at some point, experience "the fear", if they use too much. The fear, is a moment of unwanted introspection, a litany of self criticizing voices, a perspective on your life that makes it seem flawed and unreal. It is almost as though you are seeing your life through the eyes of a critic, and not a nice one.

Past failures present themselves in a parade of ego bashing mental dioramas as you sit sipping a beer and trying to make conversation. SMACK, that time you got up on stage and forgot your lines, BASH, that dumb remark you made at the staff meeting that you thought would be funny, POW, the time you thought you could be more than friends with that girl.

I really don't know why weed does this to me, you, and prolly a million or so other people. But it is not you, it is the weed. And all you need to do to stop it is limit your dose to a toke or two. Seriously, I stopped toking more than a couple of tokes at a time 15 years ago. One toke joke, get used to it, good friends will be fine when you wave it off, fuck the rest.

I made some brownies a while back, with some good siftings that were too coarse to go through a screen, and the dose was way too large. DMT, acid, shrooms, mescaline, crack, meth, and the whole toiletfull of drugs I have done, nothing even comes close to the absolute feeling of despondent futility that came with that headraping high.

C/O
    "No, thanks, it reminds me of my mother"

This is what I was going to say.

Lower your does. What kind of tolerence do you have?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I have the exact same thing happen to me as well OP. It's the reason I prefer alcohol to bud. Like you said I begin to criticize everything about me. oddly enough acid and shrooms do the exact opposite and I've never had a bad time with either of them.
    edited January 2011
    Thank you so much for the replies. C/O you hit the nail right on the head, and I can tell you know exactly what I'm talking about. Next time I smoke I'll keep it to a minimum.

My tolerance is decent, I don't smoke often just every now and then.
  • DNA4everDNA4ever Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Y'know what? that is exactly why I stopped smoking.
    not only am i critical of myself and think way too much in a negative light...
    but I'm critical of others. Not intentionally. It's just that in the mindset, I could be hanging out with my favorite person and the things they say/do - I'll laugh at, but inside i'm thinkin'.... "They're...kinda weird."

Other times I think I'm not even good enough to be hanging around them. I miss old highs too.
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes I wonder if the bud is showing stuff that really is wrong with me or if it's unnecessary criticism it brings on.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Straightedge 4 lyfe.
    edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Straightedge 4 lyfe.

Straight edge is faggotry announced.
    edited January 2011
    Straight edge is faggotry announced.
    What happened to your modship? :confused:
    edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    What happened to your modship? :confused:

I resigned it last night.
    edited January 2011
    I resigned it last night.
    Awww
    edited January 2011
    DNA4ever wrote: »
    Y'know what? that is exactly why I stopped smoking.
    not only am i critical of myself and think way too much in a negative light...
    but I'm critical of others. Not intentionally. It's just that in the mindset, I could be hanging out with my favorite person and the things they say/do - I'll laugh at, but inside i'm thinkin'.... "They're...kinda weird."

Other times I think I'm not even good enough to be hanging around them. I miss old highs too.
    This happens also..but only with some people, I can smoke with my best friend of 7 years and it won't happen. But other friends..yeah.
    Sometimes I wonder if the bud is showing stuff that really is wrong with me or if it's unnecessary criticism it brings on.

Exactly. I've been considering psychiatric help..just to see if there is something wrong with me. Seems a little overboard though.
    edited January 2011
    I'm smoking tonight with some friends. I'm only taking 1-3 tokes at first and see how things go. I'll report back.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited January 2011
    I suffer from the same crap. This is why whenever I smoke with friends, I tell them don't talk to me and let me just bask in being high and they accept that so it's cool.
    edited January 2011
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    I suffer from the same crap. This is why whenever I smoke with friends, I tell them don't talk to me and let me just bask in being high and they accept that so it's cool.

I wish I could do that....I mean, I could, I just won't because I'm a pussy. The friends I'm smoking with tonight aren't exactly like best friends or anything, just some "regular" friends.

I'll be taking my laptop with me so at least I can hide behind that.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm smoking tonight with some friends. I'm only taking 1-3 tokes at first and see how things go. I'll report back.

How long until you go? My computer says that you posted that last post at 3am :facepalm: Anyways, have a good time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    How long until you go? My computer says that you posted that last post at 3am :facepalm: Anyways, have a good time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

We ended up not smoking. I fucking got there and one person left, and my other friend went to sleep :facepalm: it was quite lame.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish I could do that....I mean, I could, I just won't because I'm a pussy. The friends I'm smoking with tonight aren't exactly like best friends or anything, just some "regular" friends.

I'll be taking my laptop with me so at least I can hide behind that.

Don't do that.
    edited January 2011
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    Don't do that.

If things got weird I would have, it all depends on the situation. Too bad we didn't smoke though. I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to see how I do soon.
    edited January 2011
    I smoked today with a good friend. I kept it to 3 hits and I felt great, everything went fine and I had fun. So I guess I'll just keep doing this until I get more comfortable with it again.
  • i<3Shroomsi<3Shrooms Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    I smoked today with a good friend. I kept it to 3 hits and I felt great, everything went fine and I had fun. So I guess I'll just keep doing this until I get more comfortable with it again.
    Cool deal. I gotta start doing this as well... the fear has crept into my good times, as well. :sad:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I smoked last night and almost had a heart attack. Shit was fucked up. That said, I was on other drugs, but they were legally prescribed ones.
  • DerelictmyballsDerelictmyballs Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    I face a similar situation to you, OP. I used to smoke everyday and all the highs were a blast. Then the first time I tripped, I took 8 grams of mushrooms and freaked the fuck out, leading to the worst trip of my entire life. Shortly after that experience, I smoked and got a horrendous panic attack. This then led to me having panic attacks about 3 times a day for about 6 months, in addition to HPPD. Terrified me.

I ended up just not smoking weed because every time I did it, I'd freak out for no reason and feel like I was tripping almost. Sucky shit. However, I do quite alright after taking hallucinogens, which absolutely mystifies me...
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Take a break for a while. That's what I'm doing and I already feel better that I haven't smoked weed as often. When I finally go get blasted after abstaining for a while it's gonna be so fucking awesome :D
  • bearcatbearcat Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    And here I thought I was the only one this happens to.

Although, the last time I did molly it made me pretty melancholy too. I may just be fucked in the head.
    edited January 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    Take a break for a while. That's what I'm doing and I already feel better that I haven't smoked weed as often. When I finally go get blasted after abstaining for a while it's gonna be so fucking awesome :D

I took a good 2-3 month break over the summer, and this didn't start happening until after that. Then again some other events unfolded around that time period that could have brought this on.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited January 2011
    That used to happen to me a few years ago. Take a break and when you come back don't push yourself with smoking. With no tolerance you hardly need much anyway.