Why Totse.info is on the right track

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Has anyone else noticed that here on Totse.info that users don't tend to remain butt hurt over stupid shit? What I mean is this, there are users on Zoklet that will go out of their way to post something inflammatory towards another user not based on the content of the users post but due to a personal dislike of the poster.

While there are people here that are not exactly on my "a-list" as well as a few that I would not piss on if they were on fire and I am sure I fit that category with some users also I don't see it spilling over into serious threads at the expense of the content.

For example take myself and DirtySanchez. While he and I see eye to eye on some basic things we are polar opposites on many major issues. I feel he is full of hate and that it clouds his judgment on many key points. I am sure that he has no love lost where I am concerned due to the fact that I rode him pretty hard at Zoklet and for a short time when I first considered moving my act over here full time.

But in spite of that he and I still manage to keep it civil and on topic in the serious forums which results in some good content. Over at Zoklet and in many other communities this just does not happen. Especially when one of parties involved is a staff member. Can any of you imagine how FlabbyShark or Zos would be acting towards a user who gave them legitimate grief in the course of on topic posting?

I am not sure why but here at Totse.info it is almost like the community had decided to collectively rise above the petty shit we all witnessed in the last year or so for the sake of the communities well being. It is almost like DFG and a few were on to something when they tried to tell Zok that community leaders need to be responsive to the users wishes and that the community can govern itself with minimal guidance and interference from the staff.

So far the staff has been open and responsive to community guidance which seems to be resulting in a more responsible community. Yes, there have been some bumps in the road and even a one or two casualties, but these events which would have created drama for weeks on end at Zoklet and resulted in even more draconian policies, have only made Totse more organized and prepared to deal with things.

I am only speaking for myself when I say "While Totse.info is far from perfect I really think the basic formula and approach here is a great foundation that has the potential to build something unique."

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    That's kind of the whole point. You call this site as being somewhat more "professional". The detrimental thing about Zoklet was that since it's his own personal website, basically for himself and his buttbuddies, we were no more than simple internet refugees. There was no such thing as calling and bullshitting another mod, especially any real life friend of Zok.

This site at least brings the totse ideals back, which is basically freedom of speech. Few sites like these exist today, and especially today with all this 2.0 bullshit I personally feel more comfortable in an old school bulletin board, discussing all kinds of topics without being censored one itty bit.

Like you said, it's not about holding hands and liking each other; it's about growing out of the stupid drama shitfest and idiocy back there and form a community. I hate and still hated the way Zok considered us as "employees" and himself and staff as "employers", and the fact we had to respect them or get fired. Talk about being a retarded nerdfart.

Anyway, enough of the Zoklet bullshit. Let's get this party started :cool:
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    It's because some of us are actually open to a meeting of minds, whereas others are just attention-whoring clown kidiots who only argue to draw needed attention to themselves. Like, it ain't rocket science or anything.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yep. I go on zoklet to troll and talk shit. I only come here to post serious shit.
  • edited January 2011
    "Yes, there have been some bumps in the road and even a one or two casualties"

grammar fail
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    its funny how civilised people can be if you let them
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Few sites like these exist today, and especially today with all this 2.0 bullshit I personally feel more comfortable in an old school bulletin board, discussing all kinds of topics without being censored one itty bit.

Couldn't agree with this statement any more. I've been posting on forums like this since I was 11 and I've noticed that over time these forums just all kind of died out. We live in the facebook and *chan age now.

Totse stands as a glimmer of hope where free speech reigns supreme. I love it here.
  • edited January 2011
    I had a brief stint on another forum and decided to fuck it because they all seemed to suck compared to here.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    "Yes, there have been some bumps in the road and even a one or two casualties"

grammar fail

This is why guest posting should be disabled. I don't have a problem with what he said, but at least be man enough to say it from your main account.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    On a whim I decided to log in today. I'm pleasantly surprised with what I see, compared to Zoklet.

:cool:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    On a whim I decided to log in today. I'm pleasantly surprised with what I see, compared to Zoklet.

:cool:

Kewl beans, by all means come back often and get involved. That can only make it better.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    Then I must be real good at this. I'm not here half the time.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lol, I just switched to https. View the security certificate, it's lolz :D
    edited January 2011
    Hellish wrote: »
    Then I must be real good at this. I'm not here half the time.

As long as you dont get a whore girlfriend and make her admin, were gravy. In fact, do not let your personal life interfere with your business WHATSOEVER. Thats one of the rules Zok failed miserably at.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    As long as you dont get a whore girlfriend and make her admin, were gravy. In fact, do not let your personal life interfere with your business WHATSOEVER. Thats one of the rules Zok failed miserably at.

This.

An absentee dictator administrator is the best kind.

also

It was for an e-girlfriend. :facepalm:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Zok also made his 3 or 4 nerd friends mods, and gave wires every single power because she tickled his balls in IRC.

Anyway, enough drama or whatever. Dfg and Hellish are doing a sweet job. As long as Dfg doesn't blow himself up on a plane, everything's good.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I agree that .info is moving along in the right direction. Every time I visit zoklet I feel no desire to post anything worthwhile there because most of there content is a mix of butthurt and kidiots.

One can only:facepalm: at the childish internet grudges people hold over on zoklet. Zok himself has even stated that zoklet isn't meant to be a continuation of totse. This place is on the path to recreating what totse was meant to be.
    edited January 2011
    The first thing we should do is confirm whether Hellish or Dfg has whores. If they don't, we're good. If they do, we'll just play along and see how it pans out.
    edited January 2011
    i heard i heard that dfg is going to mod one of his camels
  • edited January 2011
    Wires is the biggest cunt in history. Fuck her and her aborted baby.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    The first thing we should do is confirm whether Hellish or Dfg has whores. If they don't, we're good. If they do, we'll just play along and see how it pans out.

All women in Pakistan are whores, so yes.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »

I think he has 72 somewhere...some say they are still virgin, but I seriously doubt that.
  • edited January 2011
    Has anyone else noticed that here on Totse.info that users don't tend to remain butt hurt over stupid shit?

lol you new here or something brah? I get everyone including you butthurt at my pathetic failtrolling, and ten threads a week saying mods should be able to ban me.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Some people should learn to use the ignore function.
  • edited January 2011
    hellish wrote: »
    dfg must be real good at this. He's here more than half the time.
    fixed?
  • edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Some people should learn to use the ignore function.

I'm not sure I like the idea of an ignore function, and as a moderator I can't actually use it anyway (as I need to see everyone's posts). I just think posts should be ignored by yourself, instead of having the forum software do it for you. I don't really have a point here but I just thought I'd mention it ;)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Gets motivated after reading this thread :).
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited January 2011
    Honestly we've come a very long way but we still have a ways to go if we're going to bring Totse back to its former glory. At least we all know that for now we are doing it right. The community has the most power here and that makes all the difference.
    edited January 2011
    lol you new here or something brah? I get everyone including you butthurt at my pathetic failtrolling, and ten threads a week saying mods should be able to ban me.

Your mom lied to you, not every thread is about you.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited January 2011
    Can we please fuck shit up now?

I wanna re-try operation: fyw
    edited January 2011
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    Can we please fuck shit up now?

I wanna re-try operation: fyw
    You! :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    Your mom lied to you, not every thread is about you.

lawl, but yours are, sugartits.
    edited January 2011
    lawl, but yours are, sugartits.

Strike two...
  • edited January 2011
    Strike two...

u m:mad:d?
    P.S. what happens at strike three? I hear you're a pretty tough hombre.